[Early Game Tactic] Storm the Bushes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoxly

01-06-2010

Okay so I was solo queuing yesterday and out of no where we came up with this idea during the queue countdown that we would all QUICKLY buy our items and rush to the bottom bushes and then 5v2 gank the two players on the bottom as soon as they ran into the bushes.

Our team:
Alistar
Ryze
Eve
Ashe
Nunu

I played Ryze and got rune prison first just for this gank, and as soon as they ran into bushes I stun'd, everyone attacked, alistar pulverized, nunu snowballed, eve hate spike'd, and ashe volley'd like crazy. Two people had ignite and exhaust.

It worked wonderfully with I'm guessing 8 assists between our players and 2 kills and a first blood and we nearly destroyed their turret between the 5 of us. After that, two people teleported to top, and one went to mid, and the game was on its way.

Thoughts?

wildfire393

01-06-2010

This is a common strategy for pubs, and can even work 2v1. However, as you reach higher ELO games, it becomes less and less effective. There are a number of things the enemy team can do against this:

1) Clairvoyance. If they clair your nexus at the beginning, they can see you planning to do this. Alternately, dropping a clair in the bushes can reveal this. Once it is known, the other team can easily counter by either pushing both other lanes or bringing their entire team down for a 5v5 fight.
2) Just going Dragon. If you're all clustering in the bottom or top lane, they're free to just go take Dragon, then Golem and start a level up on you with extra gold and one of their champs able to spam abilities, while you've just sat in bottom lane gaining 1/5th-2/5ths of the exp you would be normally.

Tyrfang

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
This is a common strategy for pubs, and can even work 2v1. However, as you reach higher ELO games, it becomes less and less effective. There are a number of things the enemy team can do against this:

1) Clairvoyance. If they clair your nexus at the beginning, they can see you planning to do this. Alternately, dropping a clair in the bushes can reveal this. Once it is known, the other team can easily counter by either pushing both other lanes or bringing their entire team down for a 5v5 fight.
2) Just going Dragon. If you're all clustering in the bottom or top lane, they're free to just go take Dragon, then Golem and start a level up on you with extra gold and one of their champs able to spam abilities, while you've just sat in bottom lane gaining 1/5th-2/5ths of the exp you would be normally.
If they went dragon, you can counter that pretty easily since your whole team is bot...

It's not really detrimental to try this, since if nothing happens, you can always pill back right before minions spawn and not miss any kills, or go dragon.

But yes, it typically doesn't actually get you anything at higher elo games, because it's less likely that they will bother going into brush and more likely they will get a buff, dragon/counter-dragon, or just wait until the creeps show up and the enemy team is visible.

XrBob

01-06-2010

I've gotten into the habit of not even going to the bushes. Sure, sometimes you can get lucky and get a kill, but it can happen to you as well. I just hang out at the tower until the minions come in and if I haven't seen the enemies yet I walk forward cautiously with the minions in between the bushes and me. So what I'm saying is that smart opponents shouldn't be able to be caught by this, but it will work from time to time.

The Farkinator

01-06-2010

classic pub-stomping strat although usually there is a dragon or golem kill involved before the aformentioned 5v2 gank for extra leveling.

boni

01-07-2010

I like Lizard -> Dragon -> Midlane better.