Remove or keep surrender

Keep it, it's great. 27 90.00%
Remove it. 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Removing or Keeping Surrender?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pavlo

01-06-2010

Is it me or do people tend to surrender when your team failed 1 gank, and everyone died?
People really need morale in this game, and when your getting outnumbered by Yes's, then there's really nothing to do, the teams were equally good, but for some reason everyone was flaming each other, and they just wanted the game to end, please remove surrender.
also i lost my winning streak on 6.

Sprinkles169

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

Said players that give up so easily would just afk anyways.

MOONDO

01-06-2010

You would be a lot more frustrated if there was no surrender.

Schlateman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

When the team fights start and we lose i try to explain to the other players what we did and how we can improve. After 5 teams ganks and my team still hasnt learned their lesson and the other team is into our inhibs is when i finally give up. By then its the game will end in a couple minutes so i just wait for them to win.

Morbis

01-06-2010

last night I played this game where I was playing karthus. early game we did pretty good, I think buy the 15 min mark kills were about equal. when it came time to kill some towers and run around the map doing the things the define the game I noticed the problem.

the first time I noticed the problem was when I was walking around at mid with our ashe. a twitch pops out and starts attacking. what does the ashe do? run away. no the twitch wasnt fed. he wasnt even very good, and there were'nt any other enemy champions around. but she ran away anyways turns out me and the twitch kill eachother. i didnt have to die, but I did because our ashe is a coward.

next problem was when all 5 of us were mid. we pushed to their tower, and when we finaly reached it, the other team had 2 people defending it. the tower was at less then 100 health. what does my team do? they run away. it would have been perfectly within our ability to kill the tower and both champions, but we didnt.

the last straw was when, a few minutes later, the rest of their team shows up. I initiate, because our useless tank(think it was a singed) wouldnt. as soon as I run in, the rest of my team runs away. by myself I was able to take out at least 50% of all enemies health. Imagine what we could have accomplished if all of us were there. after that my team tries to fight them by running in 1 at a time to fight. after we all die someone starts a surrender vote.

now, I know for a fact there is absolutley no reason we cant win. they dont have a large kill or level advantage, and they only have 1 more tower down than us. but **** it. I'm not going waste an hour standing near a tower because my team doesnt like to fight. so we 25 min surender, and I'm ok with that.

tl,dr version: surrender is completely necessary. sometimes its just obvious that your not going to win. stop hoping for the 1 in a million comeback that isnt going to happen

Crysyn

01-06-2010

Hehe, I play a good majority of games with my brother whom I am talking to on the phone. If we agree that its just a matter of time before the other team wins, and there isnt someone whining on our team in which case we make em play to the end, we will vote yes.. Otherwise two No votes keep any game going

Xarek

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo View Post
Is it me or do people tend to surrender when your team failed 1 gank, and everyone died?
People really need morale in this game, and when your getting outnumbered by Yes's, then there's really nothing to do, the teams were equally good, but for some reason everyone was flaming each other, and they just wanted the game to end, please remove surrender.
also i lost my winning streak on 6.
Is it me or do people tend to toy with you when your team failed 1 gank, and everyone died?
People really need to push in this game, and when outleveled by the opponent, there's really nothing to do, the teams were equally good, but for whatever reason the other team got ahead and started flaming us, and they just wanted to prolong the game as long as possible, please add surrender.

Pavlo

01-06-2010

I knew i was gonna be out-voted on this one, I know it's good occasionally, but some people just have too bad temper, I remember this very well from DotA, biggest flame game ever.
Maybe surrender should be available when first inhibitor is down.

Funk

01-06-2010

Losing an inhib is not always a loss either.

Queue with 5 and you never have to worry about people giving up before everyone is ready.

TiV3

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONDO View Post
You would be a lot more frustrated if there was no surrender.
It's called being mad at the system for wasting time. And anger even distracts from frustration.