Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Postgame IP awards need to be tweaked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drayxe

01-08-2011

I just had two games back to back. The first one was totally epic -- a 60+ minute match, tons of back and forth, just one of those awesome games where you know one mistake will cost you the nexus. We won, making it all the sweeter.

Next game, our Sion's bottom against a Duo Queue. Sion gets FB! Double Kill! They both leave. They just hang around in base -- why bother fighting? -- and we win the game in 13 minutes.

60 minute game? 205 IP.
13 minute game? 244 IP for a 'swift and decisive victory' against a 2v5. (Corki left too)

That's messed up. Just give more IP to both teams when the games go on longer. On a secondary note, remove Duo Queue and SION OP! Only kidding about the last one. But come on, Riot. The IP award system needs some tweaks.

Captain Kunkka

01-08-2011

I do feel that longer games should reward more IP, win or lose.

Orou

01-08-2011

agree more IP all around.

R1shal

01-08-2011

True. I can even get more IP from doing 11 min IP farm in a custom game.

ashmandor

01-08-2011

If you lost you get a "Long, Tough, defense"bonus. still, they should give more for longer games.

FuzionZero

01-08-2011

No. Because then people will just drag out the game to get more IP. Last thing we need is a tank refusing to initiate because he wants to get more IP from is FWotD.

Vantwan

01-08-2011

EXP--->IP please.

Draguole

Recruiter

01-08-2011

Anyone that is about to counter saying " people will just make the game last longer to get ip " well i'm there there's a middle ground between staying in a long game and starting a new game to get ip.

my point is, the ip per hour gain needs to be tweaked if you end up playing a 45min + game.

FuzionZero

01-08-2011

Regardless chances are that the IP per Minute plus the FWotD bonus will beat any attempt at trying to diminish IP gain after a set time.

The fact is that there is no logical reason for this. You get rewarded more for taking a long time to beat your opponent? That makes no sense. Beat them swiftly and get rewarded for it. THAT makes sense.

Prettyfox

Recruiter

01-08-2011

How about no?