Late game Elo teams

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryaotic

Recruiter

01-06-2010

Since im trying to figure out what the best team combinations are, i figured to ask all you players on the top of the Elo list.

What are the best team combos to use?
What are the heroes to stay away from?

Malifice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

there is always a counter to any team, but id say you need a silence ( cho gath, fiddle, kassadin, ) a good tank with CC malphite or cho gath again, someone to initiate ( like blitz or rammus or singed ) pulling someone then going 4v5 rocks. a glass canon ( like teemo, ashe, tristana, twitch ) and then Kayle that can ult the canon and pewpew them all. then the last one can be pretty much anyone, i like TF or gankplank or karthus cause they can still do their job in a lane and help a team fight from afar. id say TF is best at this role.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

01-06-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I used to run a strategy of Soraka / Taric / Sivir / Warwick / with the fifth being Annie, Malphite, or Nasus. We used 2 Rally 2 Heal and 1 Promote and would just do pushes with a ton of self-buff, support, and push.

A few team comps we've played against that seem strong:

Nunu, Katarina, Twitch, Kayle, ? This team is based upon Nunu+Katarina+Twitch laying down really fast AoE while Kayle bubbles whichever of the 3 DPS gets focused on.

Basically it's a lot of Kayle+Twitch with an almost random assortment of top tier heroes, including Alistar, Malphite, Karthus, Corki, Cardmaster.

Merovinge

01-06-2010

Kayle+Twitch///Karthus///TF+Nunu is the current team I would recommend for team Tryhard. You need your best players on Karthus/Twitch/TF and should have a significant advantage in laning, ganking, and teamfights versus most compositions.

x OZ x

01-06-2010

heimer Jax Zilean janna Nasus for teh ownage

Beklynn

01-06-2010

Is warwick in that team comp mainly for the global IAS?

Phreak

Shoutcaster

01-06-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beklynn View Post
Is warwick in that team comp mainly for the global IAS?
Yes. He gives the entire team 25% AS; also he's a jungler, allowing Soraka and Sivir to solo. Lastly, because he lifesteals and has great attack speed, he's a great candidate for Madred's Razor, thus Baron.

Thunknor

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovinge View Post
team Tryhard
Just what the hell do people mean by this? I have some idea based on the context but maybe someone can help clarify how "tryhard" is supposed to be an insult? Pretty sure there's no (legal) hobby on earth where trying your best should be discouraged.

Crysyn

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunknor View Post
Just what the hell do people mean by this? I have some idea based on the context but maybe someone can help clarify how "tryhard" is supposed to be an insult? Pretty sure there's no (legal) hobby on earth where trying your best should be discouraged.
I do not think its an insult, It looked like he was giving a recommendation for a team that was trying hard and where to spread out your people based on talent levels....

Cryaotic

Recruiter

01-06-2010

seems like TF is in every team now days, kinda makes me punch a baby