Should this be implemented?

Yes 108 89.26%
No 13 10.74%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

[Suggestion] Surrender vote after 15 min require 5/5 votes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jinska

01-15-2011

this is a nice idea. people leave way to much because they just failed an attempt of a kill and without there help its pointless. i agree with this idea.

thindrake

01-17-2011

I agree in principal.
But don't think a 4v5 (or 2v3 on TT) is unwinnable, you can win with a leaver, its just harder. The other team making mistakes helps

However, if the other team is significantly up on kills, your done.

So suggest 15min surrender option if your >5 kills down.

Further more on TT which always requires 3votes to surrender, allow 2 votes if the timer runs down and one person does not vote.

Soulwake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thindrake View Post
However, if the other team is significantly up on kills, your done.

So suggest 15min surrender option if your >5 kills down.
You could easily then meet the requirement by telling people to feed because you are just under the amount of deaths necessary to surrender. I think no matter what conditions they put on the 15 minute surrender that people will find a way to create the scenario in order to surrender.

My frustration more comes when two people on my team (obviously queuing together) have fed the opposing team very badly and refuses to quit the game, Even though each one of them has double digit deaths while the rest have 3 or less. I don't think there is any way to fix this scenario but I kind of wish that as you die more and more that your vote would decrease in value. I'm all for trying despite the odds but not when the people creating the odds are the ones that want to keep it going.

ias

01-23-2011

I don't think there would be a negative impact into implementing this, it's better to surrender than to waste time in a game you know will be impossible to come back from. Not that I am saying that there is a 0% chance to losing if no one wants to continue why force them to stay in a game.

FUNSTUFF

01-23-2011

I have games with my friends that are just clear absolute misfires from the moment minions spawn. I want this to end ASAP, and I want to give this another go. IP farming and abuse has extreme potential, but there are cases where no amount of IP is worth banging my head against a wall for another 10 minutes. Hell, don't give me any IP at all, just let me leave this godforsaken game! Throw a message at me like "Such cowardice shall not be rewarded! Zero Influence Points earned!" I don't care, your fictitious currency isn't worth my precious time! Let me out! LET ME OUT! THEIR AKALI HIT 40 STACKS IN UNDER 13 MINUTES, LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!!!!

Geddian

01-23-2011

25 minutes is fine for a surrender. It's bad enough how many inexperienced teams just swarm the surrender button at 25 already, even when they still have a big chance to win.

Shiromaki

01-24-2011

It should be like that, and for ensure there is no cheaters, there will be no ip for both teams (unleast they surrender after 25 min).

ias

01-25-2011

It's true that there is always a chance to win and that early game isn't a sure point that one team will absolutely dominate the other... sure.

But why be in a game when there are 5 people not wanting to play. They may think that they don't have a chance to win due to losing all lanes, being outleveled, have poor team comp and etc.

To discuss about the ip penalty, yes it is something to think about but what I would suggest is to decrease the amount of ip at the same rate as the amount of ip you would gain for staying in the game for 35 minutes. As you probably would have observed, u earn more ip for a "long tough" defense. Just have an inverse effect, also maybe increase the amount of ip for the other team. Although the other team do get a nice amount of ip for finishing a game early.

tireshark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2011

Perfect solution would be to have a 5/5 or 3/3 vote required to surr after 11 minutes... at 25 and 17 drop the requirement to 4/5 or 2/3.

they should do this... no reason to keep the game going if the entire team wants to quit, and a majority should be able to end a TT game after 17.

3st

01-26-2011

The days of 0-20 team fight kills @ 15 minutes are over! Woo!

+1