Should playing the same champion game after game be penalized?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Micr0Soft

01-06-2010

Individual elo rankings for each hero for every player and at the start of the game mm process select the top 6 heroes desired in order wanted and your given the first available in your pick turn and this in done in the order of length in queue.

Then your collective elo / 6 of those 6 champs gets you placed with the elo bracket needed.

Then this rewards more champs and it shows in elo if your 1 dimensional because your collective elo would be low.

Just a thought i don't support this.

oneincher

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labomba View Post
Players have the right to play any champion they like and shouldn't be penalized for it. You could technically apply your thoughts on this to any game. WoW, Diablo, WC, TF2, etc. Of course players will get better the more they play a character -- there's nothing wrong with this.
Nor should a player be penalized because their one-trick pony teammate picked a different champion.

LoL is a team game, it must be played as a team, and assuming you don't have 4 friends on vent, must be played with teammates assigned by the matchmaking system. Your other examples do not match this criteria.

It is therefore imperative that the matchmaking system be as close to flawless as possible. Playing the same champion repeatedly results in a false elo when a different champion is picked. The concerned party frequently becomes a feeder.

It's quite frustrating to have a teammate who climbed into your elo bracket say "first game as twisted" and go 0/12 because they don't know how to use gold cards.

T0HKA YATOGAMI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

I do not think people should be penalized for playing their favorite champions, but I wouldnt mind seeing some sort of IP bonus for picking random champions.

T0HKA YATOGAMI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

perhaps an 'only random' bracket similar to blind pick but with a 10% IP bonus, and everyone has to random pick.. that way you wouldnt be screwing anyone over by randoming

Sc2ggRise

01-06-2010

worst idea i've read on the forums yet. and i've read some bad ones.

GET BACK IN THE BOX!

Micr0Soft

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc2ggRise View Post
worst idea i've read on the forums yet. and i've read some bad ones.

GET BACK IN THE BOX!

Probably is one of the people who only have a MAIN.

Why is this the only moba community with mains?

NOt hon dota demigod

Samarkando

01-06-2010

Subject "mains" Twitch.
Idea gets implemented.
Subject plays Twitch 3 times.
Subject creates a practice game with bots and plays as yi.
Wins under 15 minutes.
The circle continues!

Captain Scro

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micr0Soft View Post
Probably is one of the people who only have a MAIN.

Why is this the only moba community with mains?

NOt hon dota demigod
those games all have people who use primarily one hero. I myself use about 10 diff heroes but still think this is a bad idea....

Micr0Soft

01-06-2010

Really ELO is inaccurate for people who only have mains. Basically everytime thier main gets a buff or a nerf they lose and gain elo.

Everytime an core item on thier MAIN gets a buff or a nerf thier elo would be effected directly.

Micr0Soft

01-06-2010

They do have people im sure who only play 1 hero. I post on all the forums for those games and read them when i was playing them. Mains aren't something of conversation. The idea of mains don't exist on those forums is what im saying. The communities step up and learn them all knowing that its really honestly needed to be good. How can you be GOOOOOD and not know your enemy intricately?