Question: Max Attackspeed Tristana ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sjakie112

01-06-2010

People,

I was wondering what is the max attackspeed for Tristana.
I found some values but dunno if they are right

Seeing the tooltip @ Leaguecraft.com on Rapid fire says increases attackspeed bij 90%

So the max is @ 229% ?

U start with 100% yes ? no ?

So without Rapid fire i need 129% to reach cap ?

Plz enlighten me.

Thx

Greetz,

Sjakie

monkow

01-06-2010

i believe the max atk speed for anyone is 250% and she starts of at like 74% i think.

Serpentongue

01-06-2010

The attack speed cap is at 2.5 attacks per second.

EDIT: For wrong word.

Basilisk9466

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkow View Post
i believe the max atk speed for anyone is 250% and she starts of at like 74% i think.
No, the maximum is 2.5 attacks per second. Everyone 'starts with' 100% attack speed. AS items multiply the base attack speed by whatever percentage they give.

Thus, Tristana (at lvl 18) has base attack speed of 1.013 attacks/s. Add in Berserker Greaves (25% attack speed) and you calculate 1.013*(1+0.25).

If you have more than one item, say Greaves (25%) and Malady (50%) you calculate 1.013*(1+0.25+0.5).

As for Trist's attack speed, quoting from my comment in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
I'm a little uncertain about how to build Tristana these days, actually, as the new patch is making me wonder whether it's a multiplicative bonus or an additive one. It makes a pretty big difference.

If it's multiplicative, it's insane. 2.5/1.9 = 1.316, 1.316/1.013 = 1.299. Translated, if you have items and runes which add up to over a 30% AS bonus, you're wasting it.

If it's additive, 2.5/1.013 = 2.468, 2.468-0.9 = 1.568. Translated, you max out with runes/items adding up to around 55%.

Either way, I waste a huge amount of damage on my current Trist build, so definite reworking needed...
Just to break down the maths there a little. In the multiplicative case, it means that you current attack speed (including items) is increased by 90%. To work out the maximum, we take the hardcap of 2.5, and divide by that 90% increase. We then divide that number by the base attack speed to work out the maximum items you can have.

If it's additive, the Rapid Fire bonus acts like another AS item, so we divide the hardcap by the base, then subtract 0.9 from the result.

Basilisk9466

01-06-2010

Just had a test, the bonus is additive. Thus, get a maximum of 55-60% in attack speed if you want to get the most out of Rapid Fire. Anything more is wasted!

Timmy the Spork

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

here's the maths.

assuming the numbers at the kol wiki are still accurate, Tristana has a base attack speed of .65. since attack speed caps at 2.5, she will hit maximum attack speed at +284.6%. her attack speed increases by 3.1% every time she levels up. since she will theoretically level up 17 times, she has an inherent +52.7% attack speed. at level five, Rapid fire adds an additional 90% to her attack speed.

therefore, you do not want your items, runes and masteries to give you bonus attackspeed exceeding +141.9%.

Basilisk9466

01-06-2010

...something's wrong with those numbers.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Trist...b5abe356535099

141.92% attack speed between items and runes (purely for demonstrative purposes, please never stack Maladies). You're just under the hardcap, not at it, so your calculation doesn't work for getting there. And it certainly doesn't allow for Rapid Fire.

Trust me. My numbers work. I've tested them ingame and on paper. 56% is your maximum if you want the most out of Rapid Fire.

Edit: Compared the Leaguecraft figures with the Wiki ones - they give a slightly different base attack speed, which would account for the discrepancy. Still, you didn't account for Rapid Fire.

Shadowmant

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy the Spork View Post
here's the maths.

assuming the numbers at the kol wiki are still acurate, Tristana has a base attack speed of .65. since attack speed caps at 2.5, she will hit maximum attack speed at +284.6%. her attack speed increases by 3.1% every time she levels up. since she will theoretically level up 17 times, she has an inherent +52.7% attack speed. at level five, Rapid fire adds an additional 90% to her attack speed.

therefore, you do not want your items, runes and masteries to give you bonus attackspeed exceeding +141.9%.
Seems correct.

I have 11% from Runes
I usually grab BloodRazor, Beserker Grieves and Wits end and hit just under 2.4 atk/sec with my rapid fire

Elad

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
Trust me. My numbers work. I've tested them ingame and on paper. 56% is your maximum if you want the most out of Rapid Fire.

This is correct. The easiest way to see an example of this is by going to to the leaguecraft builder and equipping Tristana with Sword of the Divine and two phantom dancers. The two phantom dancers have a combines IAS of 90% (simulating a triggered rapid fire). The Sword of the Divine has an IAS of 55%. With just these three items Tristana is hitting 2.482 attacks per second.

The only reason to exceed 56% IAS through items/runes/masteries is if you only plan on taking say 3 ranks of rapid fire early and want to hit the cap with Rank 3. In that case you would want your IAS from items/runes/masteries to be 86%

I hope this helps.

Tarion

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarion View Post
Level 18 Tristana (0.992 attack speed. Got the odd attack speed rune due to messing with the combiner :P ) with Greaves and SotD. +55% and +25% attack speed. At 18 my attack speed is 1.517 (including items) boosting to 2.108 with Rapid Fire. I build another Recurve, and it puts me to 1.780, which is 2.370 with Rapid Fire. Another dagger puts me to 1.870 or 2.468 with Rapid Fire. A final dagger puts me to 1.976, and I hit the cap with Rapid Fire.

Now, that is
+55%, +25%, +40%, +15%, +15%, and I still need rapid fire to hit it.

These numbers are all taken from the game. So, am I missing a step in my mathematics?
Quoting myself. You need ~+150% from items to hit the cap with Rapid Fire.

Just looked over Timmy's maths, and it looks right to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy the Spork View Post
here's the maths.

assuming the numbers at the kol wiki are still acurate, Tristana has a base attack speed of .65. since attack speed caps at 2.5, she will hit maximum attack speed at +284.6%. her attack speed increases by 3.1% every time she levels up. since she will theoretically level up 17 times, she has an inherent +52.7% attack speed. at level five, Rapid fire adds an additional 90% to her attack speed.