It just me of does Vivi suck?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2009

I know Im going to get flames here because there is going to be one or two guys who really love this champion too much to bother reading what I write but say what they want anyway.

So I have played for a bit now, and Ive seen some champions be weak, some strong, some just fine. Viegar just seems to be one of those who sounds and should be either just fine or strong, but seems to come off as weak. Its not the player, Ive played with the best and the worst, just dont really ever see a straight owning, or even straight decent Viegar.

It is weird because his skills are pretty nice. The stun is quite powerful and does work. The first nuke sounds like it would be very useful as a build up tool. The AoE is great for farming, but also hits hard, lots of synergy with his stun too. And the ult is very strong against casters, meh on others. It just seems liek this guy should be a good pick, but whenever I see one on my team Im like, "bah, great."

Does anyone else share my feeling that Viegar is the little champion that couldnt? I mostly play a Lich, and honestly, for a guy who is supposed to be stronger against casters, I dont mind charging right in on him and throwing down. Its not that I shouldnt be able to do that (the way it is with Kass now), but I dont even hesitate when going for a Viegar.

Xiao

08-11-2009

Veigar is pretty weak right now. There really isn't any reason to play him over other stronger casters.

cwatz

Adjudicator

08-11-2009

Veigar is probably the worst hero in the game right now. He is only strong at instagibbing karthas' or other heroes that pack on a ton of mana, hes just food to everyone else.

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2009

I really like the Veigar character, but he is really week. He plays a lot like a carry, but never gets strong enough to actually be a carry. His last hit needs to add 1.5-2.5 AP per kill and dark matter may need to drop quicker.

Then again, I'm not sure why you would pick another caster besides Karthus. Played well he's absolutely game-changing and hits like a truck. After that it's Ryze/Morgana/Cryophoenix, then fiddle, and lastly him.

Kaitor

08-11-2009

One thing that i find really great in LOL is that some characters just don't fit to your style and then you get a different felling of whats good and bad =DD

In that case i like Veigar... i think he is a very strong champion... He is IMO the second best pusher ingame (first beign Sivir) when i play him.. i do not try to keep killing heroes, his style is a fast push in a free lane. with Dark Matter you can kill all creeps in a wave and keep pushing and getting lots of creeps on your side

Critical Error

08-11-2009

I know it prob isnt my playstyle, I personally havent even played him. But Im just saying that Ive grouped with and against him, never once saw a very strong Viegar. This is to say that Ive seen most other heroes do exceptionally well or at least seem very worth having in at least one or mroe games.

Zeta

08-11-2009

He needs to farm way too much to be effective. A lot like Cho'Gath.

Also a lot like Cho'Gath, he needs to be buffed initially so the character isn't totally focused on farming.

L0CUST

The Council

08-11-2009

Huh. I find him to be one of the best support champions in the game. AoE stun + Huge Nuke + Huge AoE Nuke. He completely dominates team battles. It is pretty simple, and very effective.

Things to Do
1) Stack Ability Power Runes
2) Do a 9/0/21 Mastery Build (9% cd reduction)
3) Get a Mana Manipulator
4) Get a Tear of the Goddess
5) Look to cap CD reduction then Defense + Ability Power

Ability Build
Q -> E -> Q -> W -> W -> R
Get 'R' when you can. Cap 'W' then 'E' then 'Q'.

Your job is to AoE Stun and drop your AoE Nuke. Kill their dominate caster. Generally help your team kill / stay alive. He plays similar to Cryo, I suppose.

Solus

08-11-2009

Veigar -does- seem to be a one trick pony: Gib the Lich.

Against anything but casters he usually gets facerolled mercilessly because they're either moving around to much to land a dark matter, have too much hp for any of your nukes to matter, or have little to no mana for his ulti to really hurt.

L0CUST

The Council

08-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
Veigar -does- seem to be a one trick pony: Gib the Lich.

Against anything but casters he usually gets facerolled mercilessly because they're either moving around to much to land a dark matter, have too much hp for any of your nukes to matter, or have little to no mana for his ulti to really hurt.
you have teammates.