jax possible build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ima soulman

01-06-2010

hay all I believe I have found a good item and rune build for jaxs with high survivability and great dps. (first time on forum plz just have constructive criticism).

Item build: ( ??? : ??? means build to)

1.) boost of speed : ninja tabi (needed for speed, armour dodge enhancing his counterstrike and upping his survivability)

2.) zeal : phantom dancer ( once again speed useful for catching runaway opponents, more dodge same as above and attack speed which is needed in order to maximise the effects of relentless assault, also it give high crit hit ratio meaning whit the higher attack speed it hits crit alot!)

3.) zeal : phantom dancer ( to enhance the first one and make his speed and dodge darn right untouchable)

4.) vampiric scepter : the bloodthirster ( adds great damage which is greatly increased by jaxs is passive ability and and give large amount of life steal giving him higher survivability in combat due to the high attack speed constantly pulling in damage)

5.) B.F sword : infinity edge ( greatly increases damage enhanced by his ability and gives him greater crit ratio and increases his crit hit from 200% damage to 250% meaning alot of damage with the high crit ratio and attack speed)

6.) B.F sword : the black clever ( once again attack damage but also reduces the enemies armour by 12 each time you hit them and stacks 5 times and with such high attacks speed and relentless assault this item is perfect for jax lowering there armour by 110 meanning even the most build up tanks our reduced to nothing.)

Runes: mainly get runes with healthy regen , cool down reduction time in order to increase the stunning done from counter strike and dodge chance ( runes give quite high dodge chance in comparison to other things like health)

Masteries: masteries are mainly one that suit you but make sure you get nimbleness and evasion but apart from these use mainly attack depending on what suites you.

plz leave comments and different view.

Level99RaidBoss

01-06-2010

That's a pretty standard build, just depend on what order you get the items in. And yeah, 21/9/0 is the way to go for masteries on Jax.

Chairs

01-06-2010

Lol 2 phantom dancers.

SuperStag

01-06-2010

lol?
Why vote the guy down, explain his mistakes before saying "OMFG fagass ****** go houm". Anyway I think PDs are not for rushing, personally prefer to rush bloodthirster.

GNOY

01-06-2010

This build is fail. How is it called high survivability if you gonna die from few spells? How is it called high DPS if you have 0 dmg and even 0 AP (he scales with AP, yes). You build actual dmg as 4th (!) item, and very expensive one. The game will be ended before you even get it.

I suggest you find some guides on Jax, and learn meaning of words "survivability" and "damage". Also wtf is HP regen runes, are you on drugs? How the hell HP regen will make you last longer in 5x5 teamfight? 0_o

Boots of speed as first item? Another fail. You wont withstand any harassing with a mere boots. All you can do with them - run away (provided they not exhausted you, in which case you are probably dead). You dont need boots to engage or harass during laning. You have freaking Leap strike for that. You better get Dorans shield or Ruby (can be even better if you going for Phage).

I suggest you find some guides on Jax (there are lot of them) , and learn meaning of words "survivability" and "damage".

Unemployed Ninja

01-06-2010

im not going to get overly aggressive like gnoy up there but i will say the build is kind of impractical i would suggest trying my build phantom dancer>berserkers greaves>rageblade>either a last whisper or a black cleaver depending on what seems needed if its still progressing get the other one after

the reason for the PD and zerkers greaves are obvious ive had people ask me why the rageblade instead of a standard % raising item like a last whisper and the reasoning is this

1:it scales well with his ult people often underestimate just how much of an attack speed boost you will get from both together it is very easy to cap your attack speed from just the first 3 items
2:it gives attack damage which is always a good thing when coupled with attack speed
3:last but not least it gives AP which may seem useless on a DPS like jax HOWEVER you are sorely mistaken and underestimating what could really be done with a good AP and DMG combo jax (a build in which i am still working on) his leap strike scales well with his AP (1.0 ratio) his stun has something along the lines of a 0.8 ratio and the extra damage every 4th strike from his ultimate has a 1.0 ratio meaning with the rage blade

not only are you dealing higher damage your also dealing an extra 45 damage with leap strike an extra 36 with counter attack and an extra total of 255 every 2 attacks

Morzas

01-06-2010

If you're at the level of play where you can build two Phantom Dancers and two BF Sword-based items in the course of a game, I think you should be reading, rather than writing guides.

notliam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
This build is fail. How is it called high survivability if you gonna die from few spells? How is it called high DPS if you have 0 dmg and even 0 AP (he scales with AP, yes). You build actual dmg as 4th (!) item, and very expensive one. The game will be ended before you even get it.
Well with 2 phantom dancers you'd have +90% attack speed, which would give about.. 1.8 at 18, and the crit chance would be about 60% also. Just taking into account the first 3 items - 2 phantom dancers and ninja tabi, you'd also have about 50 dodge. This means half the attacks aren't even hitting you (which allows you to stun for 1 second also), and the attack speed and crit chance means that despite having lowish attack (about 100 for examples sake) you will be doing over 300 damage a second (taking the ult into account) with an extra ~150 damage from the ult every 4th hit - so about 850 damage in 2 seconds (assuming that only half the hits crit). You also have empower which can give a first hit bonus of ~100 and can spam for an extra ~30 damage every second, and leap strike (also a first his bonus really) ~150 and stun ~150.

Personally I agree this build is way too.. expensive, and suggest going for some cheaper items. Ninja tabi is a must, regrowth pendant is a nice 1st item but vampiric sceptre can be built to malady or bloodthirst (I prefer malady because it's cheaper and gives great attack speed). Something I've recently started using is Brutaliser - it's very cheap and gives a nice attack boost (25) as well as armor penetration and cooldown reduction. Nashors Tooth is also good, giving mana regen (though not much of a problem late game) as well as attack speed, AP and cooldown reduction. Rageblade is great too, like the guy before said, it scales with the Ult so you can get 2.5 attack speed easy.. I like to get rageblade + 2 attack speed items (malady or last whisper) and phantom dancer (because it's ****ing awesome).

ima soulman

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
If you're at the level of play where you can build two Phantom Dancers and two BF Sword-based items in the course of a game, I think you should be reading, rather than writing guides.
I wasn't writing a guide, i was asking someone if my build was decent, and by the looks of it, and the amount of abuse i got for this i guess i didnt make this clear enough