Question about Yorick and spellvamp/life leech

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

antiara

Recruiter

06-23-2011

Yorick's abilities are based on AD, but do i need to use spell vamp for his abilities or Life leech? or both?

like, does base ability damage is spell vamp and bonus AD damage life leech?

antiara

Recruiter

06-23-2011

anyone's got an answer to that?

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

It's very simple.

The game doesn't care what type of damage an ability does. What it cares about is whether or not the ability in question is its own ability that does its thing without regard for your auto-attack, or if it's an auto-attack modifier. For example, let's take a look at Garen. Decisive Strike is an auto-attack modifier, so life steal will benefit from this ability. Judgment (his spin) is a damage ability that does its damage without caring about your auto-attack, so spell vamp will benefit from this ability.

Another example would be Renekton. Cull the Meek is an ability that does damage without caring about your auto-attack, so spell vamp works with it. Ruthless Predator (his multi-hit stun) is an auto-attack modifier so only life steal will work with it. Irelia's ultimate does physical damage, but spell vamp will enhance the heal from it, if you want a more "obviously a spell" example.

There are exceptions, of course. Some abilities have their own special rules. I won't comment on them here since, typically, what I outlined above is true 90% of the time.

I picked these champions as examples because they deal physical damage with abilities to show that life steal/spell vamp does not care about damage type. With regards to Yorick, his Q ability will interact with life steal, while his W and E will give you additional health with spell vamp. As to the attacks of the ghouls themselves, I can't say with any certainty.

KingofChickens

06-23-2011

one could also say that if it qualifies as stacking on hit effects, such as Gangplank's Parrrley, it would also benefit from lifesteal

GloryBox

06-25-2011

I feel the ghouls do no benefit from lifesteal or spellvamp. Maybe a lifesteal aura, but thats it.( still havnt figured if auras affect ghouls.