Some noob questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceDive

01-06-2010

I have some noob questions most people here can prolly answer. I tried testing it in-game, but found it hard to get 100% conclusive answers, so pelase tell me...

What happens when i Silence Nunu/Katarina/Twitch while they are using their ult? Does it have no effect since they already initiated the ability?

What happens when I use Cho'gath's rupture while these characters use their Ult. Do they stop? Does Nunu's ult deal damage as if it where recast, or does it do no damage at all?

thanks!

Basilisk9466

01-06-2010

Silencing Twitch has no effect, because the spell's already been cast. For the same reason, silencing Karthus while he has Defile active will have no effect.

Silencing Kat or Nunu will cancel the ult, because those are channelling abilities, and thus interruptable. Cho'gath's knockup-stun should have the same effect.

As an additional note, some types of CC will cancel Nunu's Absolute Zero with no effect, some cause it to be instantly cast. I'm not entirely sure which - it might be simply that Fear causes the spell to behave as though prematurely fired (I noticed this while playing Fiddle). Someone else might be able to clarify.

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
Silencing Twitch has no effect, because the spell's already been cast. For the same reason, silencing Karthus while he has Defile active will have no effect.

Silencing Kat or Nunu will cancel the ult, because those are channelling abilities, and thus interruptable. Cho'gath's knockup-stun should have the same effect.

As an additional note, some types of CC will cancel Nunu's Absolute Zero with no effect, some cause it to be instantly cast. I'm not entirely sure which - it might be simply that Fear causes the spell to behave as though prematurely fired (I noticed this while playing Fiddle). Someone else might be able to clarify.
This, things like explosive shot will make nunu's ult to trigger and things like Monsoon from janna will make him keep channeling while being displased.

Fbsunny

01-06-2010

Nunu's ult is never cast early, when it is broken by something then it does partial damage (not necessarily proportional to how long it had been channeled for), and I don't know how the partial damage is calculated.

Maysin

01-06-2010

If you silence a Karthus while using his Defile, he can't shut it off or turn it on but it stays active/off as long as he is silenced. Same goes for Anivia when she is silenced.

Karthus/Kat/Nunu can have their ults "interrupted", though as stated previously, Nunu's ult erupts and deals less (I think only half) damage no matter what causes it to stop (Alistar headbutt, silence, knockup, etc)

Twitch, yeah... no effect because it is a modifier for his basic attack and not a channeled spell.

IceDive

01-06-2010

So ryze's snare would stop twitch's ulti, sine it merely modifies the base atack that he can't do whil in rune prison?

AmyOverlord

01-06-2010

Yep. Twitch has to attack for his ult to do anything. His ultimate just gives him increased range and attack speed on his normal attacks.

Basilisk9466

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsunny View Post
Nunu's ult is never cast early, when it is broken by something then it does partial damage (not necessarily proportional to how long it had been channeled for), and I don't know how the partial damage is calculated.
Nunu's ult, if interrupted by Nunu himself, does damage proportional to how long it's been charging. Not sure whether the same applies to CCs. I would imagine so... so the sooner you kill it, the better - if it's been charging for a while, it might be better just to try and get the hell out of Dodge. If you stop it instantly, pretty much all that happens is a slow. This can be really irritating if you misclick while ulting as Nunu.