Soraka rocks or sucks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flat eric

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc87 View Post
You can use infuse to farm minions.
Unfortunately, with a 15s recast, early game you want to keep filling your manapool and your teammate's. Then midgame you want to be saving it to silence enemy heroes.

But overall, she's a terrible farmer, which is really too bad. A few times that I've had some kills on her early and got locket quickly she's really raped, but that's support heroes for you. If they Q ability had the same range, or just slightly longer range, than her autoattack it would be a little easier to use it to farm creeps without entering considerable danger (though because it is so dangerous, it is good to use to bait people)

Randomguy360

01-06-2010

soraka greatly influences early game, where kills mean the most and impact late game severely.\

Saint Seraphiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

Soraka has become my main for high HP group games and I never really have a problem getting gold. Well I guess I don't because The items I need arnt really needed. I mean i'm soraka I can replenish my own mana and heal myself so anything else is just a bonus. I would say the problem with her and I have no idea how to fix it... is she can not push anything. She cannot heal a game like most carries if the team sucks. So if you use her your basically giving up any ability to save the game from a fail team. No I presume the counter is to play with friends in a pre-made... pre-made doesnt mean your team wont fail. Even in Random games I have carried a team of underlevels with Tryn multiple times. That's his job, and would be my only complain about Soraka... shes pure support if your team is fail your going to have a rough and boring game with no chance of saving it.

PS
Before someone tries to invent this miracle scenario that happens once in 250,000 games that have Soraka involved ... I don't care... she can't dps... she can minorly (SOLO)push intelligently if she watched the map but doing 10% to a turret only helps so much.

Nayuki

01-06-2010

I suppose the arguable problem with Soraka is just as the last post put it...

If your team is already winning/going to win then she makes the job easier. If your team is already losing/going to lose then she really can't offer anything to stop that.

She is an incredibly fun hero imo and very useful at what she does, I play her very often, but I admit that if not -1 she's pretty much -.5 hero on your team. She makes the game easier overall but has no huge impact. She contributes VERY little to team fights, can't push by herself at all safely, can't defend from many other heroes at all, and overall...well, just as said.

If you're winning, she rocks, if losing she sucks. Alas, is there much use to a hero that only becomes good if you're already going to win?

Karandor

Adjudicator

01-06-2010

meh executioner's calling > soraka. It REALY hurts her badly and is cheap.

TwilightAngel

01-06-2010

I play her and i get kills and assist

flat eric

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightAngel View Post
I play her and i get kills and assist
Thank you for this stunning insight into the depth of your playstyle and strategies