Soraka rocks or sucks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xerrea

01-05-2010

hello Riot and the leagues of legends community

I've played quit alot of soraka lately and i gotta say i really agree with alot of players about that she really sucks but when thats said i really don't think there's anything wrong with her.

what i have experience when i play her is that i really don't earn any gold with her but i got really sick moments when i save my allied teammates with my wish and astral blessing and still i get no assist.

eg. i just had a match where i was playing with a Ashe who got nuked by 3 enemy champions but by spamming my astral blessing and useing both my summoner heal and wish on her, she managed to kill all of the 3 enemy champions and without my aid she wouldn't even have killed one but i got nothing out of it.
when i looked on the stats of that match (it was really long) i had only earned 11.000 gold where my ashe had earned allmost three times as much but she had more death time than me aswell.

i hope you all get the point

Daikaze

01-05-2010

Yeah, Soraka rocks, but it's hard to earn money when you don't get kills.

Matup

01-06-2010

Yeah, those are two things that have been bothering me from the time I started to use her.

In one hand, I save my team mates a lot of times and they also get kills, but not even an assist comes for me. For that reason, most of the time I feel like the money I spend on Meijar's Soulstealer is wasted. I mean, if i could get the assist, i could get at least twice the stacks i'm getting right now. And so, when you see my statics, it looks like I've been playing awfull.

And in the other hand, the money issue. Soraka wasn't made to kill (I got used to it), so you get a very low ammount of money, and that delays your build making a lot. And worst, if the game becomes long, I get the feeling that I'm useless because everybody has huge amounts of life, or they do such big damage in a short time that when I cast Astral Blessing, it heals such bit of their health bars.
To solve this problem, I use Starcall on minions to kill them all and get the money, but the truth is that this skill sucks like hell. At level 18, with Zhonya's Ring, I can't manage to kill them in one hit. And why do I have to get SOOO close to cast it? Sounds like a joke...

I think that buying items that give you money per second would help, but I tried it sometimes and I'm still not convinced with how it works.

I think that healing others' life and mana should give small ammounts of gold, and specially, exp. I'm getting tired of being always so low leveled compared to the rest of the 9 players, because the only way of getting exp is killing.

GNOY

01-06-2010

She is support character. If you have noone to support (your master Yi ****** which get livesteal as first item on lane, and towerdive at first level), you suck. If your lane partner (and team as whole) at least know what he is doing, you will rock. Thats simple.

Maysin

01-06-2010

Money really should not be that much of an issue with Soraka if you keep her Q ability leveled up decently as you can easily last shot minions with it. Sure, you won't get many kills with her, but assists are plentiful if, as GNOY has said, your lane partner and team can work together coherently. You can also use your E abilty to last shot minions as well, but you really shouldn't do this too much if at all. Works great at getting last hit kills on champions though.

Soraka mostly gets her money from staying alive and killing minions/getting assists. If it is still an issue, buy 1 gold per 10 Quintessent runes and put a point into the Greed talent in masteries and (if still desperate) get Smite.

EchoRex

01-06-2010

Both!

The normal heal was buffed rather well, the ultimate heal either needs to be completely global or scale alot better with AP and be 1000 range, the silence is superb, the power return is superb, the AoE damage/debuff is moderately useful, the passive is 'meh'.

Overall Soraka takes a beating into being a weak, while still increasing the effective health of every teammate, pick against health reduction stacking teams. Against teams that don't pick champions with the ability, or build Executioner's Calling, Soraka can lead to an early win through perma-pushes or a late game win through near doubling the effective health of her teammates.

Ogami Itto

Recruiter

01-06-2010

i find her fun to play although money is tight, buts its all good. i use Q to KS from my team lol, i mean they are fed enough >_>, i need money to buy items to help counter executioner's calling

Maysin

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Both!

The normal heal was buffed rather well, the ultimate heal either needs to be completely global or scale alot better with AP and be 1000 range, the silence is superb, the power return is superb, the AoE damage/debuff is moderately useful, the passive is 'meh'.

Overall Soraka takes a beating into being a weak, while still increasing the effective health of every teammate, pick against health reduction stacking teams. Against teams that don't pick champions with the ability, or build Executioner's Calling, Soraka can lead to an early win through perma-pushes or a late game win through near doubling the effective health of her teammates.

The ultimate heal IS global and has 2x AP scaling, meaning if you have 500 AP you have 1000+ healing for everyone of your teammates no matter where they are. Edit: (at least... I think that's the right AP scaling. If it ain't 2x now, it used to be at some point. It's still global though)

Monad

01-06-2010

Is it really global? Most skill ranges are pretty acurate ingame and Sorakas "global" heal has only half map range.

bc87

01-06-2010

You can use infuse to farm minions.

Btw, she's strong if you lane with someone competent. If partnering with Soraka, you'll have an easier time with health and mana.

She's purely support, and that is your role. You don't get ganks or anything.