Is it normal to lose so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperStag

01-06-2010

I think i'm the one with 136-137, but that's not important.
The idea is, you need to play solos or setup games (I play with 1 or 2 buddies, if I get the mood then I set up a full team from my buddy list) and do your best. If some1 starts flaming you either keep your mouth shut or release a huge array of ****s. I have around 100 players in my buddy list that play purely awesome and another ~50 players who are rather noobish and I help them. I always, ALWAYS have atleast 15 friends online (not IRL).

Yana

01-06-2010

It's very weird, I'm in the same boat too. I'm 50-61, but I used to be 20-40 or so. And the funny thing is, every single game ends up with me (or me +1 other if I'm lucky) being the only person on my team that's not 1-8 or such. I dunno, maybe part of MM is putting me on teams full of people who rambo too much. Not meaning to disrespect the people who are placed on my team, or sound arrogent btw.

Shalos

01-06-2010

Don't worry about it. I started with about 15 losses(many my fault - stupid feeders!... I mean... I'm sorry?) to 5 wins. As I found my hero and have improved, I now have a 1 to 1 ratio on win loss.

Learn to not feed, carry your team, and counter problem heroes and your wins will get out of control.

If a level 30 is in your game, they probably aren't very good... Seriously... I'm not saying MM is perfect, but USUALLY there is a reason they are there.

DrFromGallifrey

01-06-2010

So it is normal to do poorly at first? Alright, that sort of helps. I guess my losses start piling in when I did pre-mades with one of my friends (the swift hammer of the failmaking system came down on me for that one).

I think I found a champion I like (Veigar), but I'm ~600 IP away. Hopefuly today's new batch of free champs will have something I like.

ninjajakem

01-06-2010

This game has a pretty steep learning curve. You will probably lose your first 10 in a row. I know I did, but when you get the hang of it, its awesome. When I introduced my buddies to it, it was the same for them. They HATED it for the first 10 games. I told them to stick with it, and now they can't stop playing. Also, reading guides here and at leaguecraft helps a ton. Additionally, whenever I play with someone and they are pretty good, I add them to my friend list so I can premade with them later.

TL;DR - You will suck at first. Read guides and premade with people who are better than you.

KidDaedalus

01-06-2010

At the beginning my wins lagged behind my losses by 10 to 15.

After following the sensible advice of the people in this thread and reading guides and playing a ****-ton of games it's now at 125-100.

I almost never solo queue. That was part of the reason for all the losses at the beginning. I always roll with two to four other friends on voice chat. It makes a big difference.

Ryude

01-06-2010

I think matchmaking punishes new players who win at the beginning, it thinks you are a smurf and pairs you against level 30s when you're level 4. I know it did that to me, and my 3-0 win streak ended at 3-6

rightstuff

01-06-2010

matchmaking takes a lot of games to kick in. riot says that the first games you play affect your Elo rating a lot more because the system is trying to fit you in faster. A sampling of 30 games is too small to hate on it yet.

someone said it earlier, but feel for the high levels stuck in the game with the lows. matchmaking is balancing out their win ratios by putting them in harder win circumstances.

Rancid Beaver

01-06-2010

Wow, I almost always solo queue. I'm around 90-70. 2 solid players can completely carry a team. probably 80% of my matches have been solo, 15% grouped with 1 other person, and 5% with 3, 4, 5 of us. Look, everyone who solo queue's cannot be below .500 because someone has to win. If you're sitting at 10-20, there's someone out there who won those 20 games that you lost. You need to find a hero genre, which means 3, 4, or 5 heros that would use similar runes in your runebook and similar skill tree. Then bounce around between then until you find one that fits you and you can dominate with. Then you have the other 2 for whenever you get bored.

Mechakoopa

01-06-2010

In short, yes. It's very normal to lose a lot in the beginning. One thing I and a lot of the people I play with have found is that the game is very streaky. You'll be put up against seemingly the worst players out there for 10 games in a row, and then all of a sudden you'll face some new gods that float into the arena with lightning raining down all around them turning your team into ash as they laugh at how big of "noobs" you are. My win record is positive though so... I mean. The matchmaking system can't suck THAT much. Playing against good people is nice anyway because then you can try and learn from them. Though I've found that some of the best players can also be some of the biggest ****s. The forum community on league is much better than the actual community in-game. That is another thing you'll have to get used to.

Follow the advice of the people in this thread and do your best not to get discouraged by the inevitable ****s you'll find in-game and you should do fine!

As a side note. If you are constantly solo queuing and you find yourself always performing the best on your team. Maybe try being a carry, and get good with it. Nothing chews through an enemies base like a Yi or a Twitch on a mission. You can win your team the whole game if the enemy leaves you alone long enough.