Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Give Me Some Teemo Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glink

Recruiter

01-05-2010

Yes I know there is guides and I have read some of them, but I just want a few general and valuable quick tips that I should follow when playing as Teemo.

leonhart83

01-05-2010

Quote:
Glink:
Yes I know there is guides and I have read some of them, but I just want a few general and valuable quick tips that I should follow when playing as Teemo.

#1 Don't die.
Do all that you can to stay alive. Which mean no tower dives, suicide runs, running first into battle, going 1vs1 with no escape route/exhaust/no mana.

#2 Harass early.
I get poison dart first, and keep hitting the enemy champ as part of your spreading of poison. Use psychology and get in your opponents head that you will continue to harass and they will be hesitant and be on the back foot. Start harassing as early as possible and blind dart as often as possible after level 2.

#3 Have good map awareness.
Because Teemo is so squishy noticing when a gank is coming is crucial. This can be further helped by having mushrooms in key places and protect your lane as much as possible.

#4 Don't stack too many AS items.
I have done some experimenting and I have had most success without needing to fill all six slots with attack speed increasing items. Allow room for Damage/Slow and Critical.

#5 Don't be afraid to solo.
I have also found that in dual laning situations that letting your partner know that you can hold solo for a while is a great way for setting up early ganks. Teemo is a great solo character and having both a solo mid & bot/top can allow for more ganking opportunities better jungling and more map control.

Glink

Recruiter

01-05-2010

Thanks for the tips, but what about the summoner spells?

Teleport seems to be great in combo with your shrooms and Teemo needs to get around fast I hear, but doesn't flash overwrite all that since you can go anywhere on the map?

I am going to have flash once I get to lvl 12 which is when I can get it I think, so that and ignite.

Does flash haver a longer cooldown than tleport is that the tradeoff?

leonhart83

01-05-2010

No idea about the teleport/flash as I don't use either on Teemo. I go with Cleanse & Exhaust.

Exhaust - Good way to get kills at the beginning of the game and along with blind shot can help heaps in a 5vs5. Exhaust is my favourite skill for Teemo.

Cleanse - Since Teemo is squishy and usually a big target for the team a quick cleanse and "quick move" after a disable/slow can save you if you are targeted alone or somehow found yourself to far upfront in a 5vs5.

Heal - This can save your life sometimes but most cases if you are in a situation where you need it you will most likely still die you will just last a tiny bit longer. The only use for this skill would be to bait a character into thinking that you have lower health getting them in close and mushroom/blind dart/exhaust and kill them.

Ignite - I used to use this along with exhaust for early game harassing but switched to exhaust once I found that survivability was Teemo's biggest weakness. Can get you some early kills which in turn gives you are more powerful Teemo for the rest of the game. But without a Cleanse I find that you die more which cancels out any positives plus more that you would get by chosing Ignite.

I am sure that there are some other combinations that are just as good, but from my experience Exhaust/Cleanse has the most flexibility at least without knowing whether their team has all cleanse to counter exhaust.

Paralit

01-06-2010

Flash doesn't actually let you teleport to any point on the map (the description is misleading haha), it's like a short distance Blink.

Basilisk9466

01-06-2010

Flash has a longish cooldown, and is really short ranged. It's strictly for chasing people and/or GTFOing. The fact that you can use it to 'jump' walls/forests/cliffs etc can be very handy, but it's not a mobility tool. Ghost might be a better bet, as stacked with good boots and Move Quick you will be all but uncatchable.

With regards to attack speed, remember that attack speed hardcaps at 2.5, which for Teemo means that if you have over 133% attack speed bonus, anything more is wasted. Don't be like one Teemo I saw that stacked four Maladies. That was just sad.

Also be aware that although Teemo is dangerous, he is not the last word in carries or early-game harassment. If you end up soloing against Tristana, you will have to play very smartly indeed, as she can farm better, harass better and escape if you try to press an advantage. As a Tristana who's had a lot of experience going against Teemo in mid, consider it a friendly warning

01-06-2010

Don't be afraid to stand in the creeps or even past them if you're solo mid vs ashe.

if you're not autoattacking the creeps, you can keep ashe and several other mid soloers (not chogath) out of exp range.

MatZilla

01-06-2010

Teemo is the strongest laner in the game if played well, and against tristana (agreed) and ashe you have to be careful, any others are no problem... just the health thing. I just played a match with you today (an unfortunate trynd incident I dont want to discuss...) but you could be more aggressive early-game because people will run from the poison 100% of the time. Once you get shrooms, you own the lane and can hold off doubles pretty easy. And never forget, if oyu stand still for 4.5 secs you're invisible.. so do that right beside a shroom where the badguy can hit it and get ganked by you.

Glink

Recruiter

01-06-2010

Quote:
MatZilla:
Teemo is the strongest laner in the game if played well, and against tristana (agreed) and ashe you have to be careful, any others are no problem... just the health thing. I just played a match with you today (an unfortunate trynd incident I dont want to discuss...) but you could be more aggressive early-game because people will run from the poison 100% of the time. Once you get shrooms, you own the lane and can hold off doubles pretty easy. And never forget, if oyu stand still for 4.5 secs you're invisible.. so do that right beside a shroom where the badguy can hit it and get ganked by you.

Oh haha, hey whats up.

Yeah thanks for all the tips guys, I'm trying to take all your advice.

Tetrall Mors

01-07-2010

Quote:
MatZilla:

he's definately good, but a good singe can hold him off and farm well/harrass with poison trail, glue, and fling.