[Champion Suggestion] Arcana - Elemental Magus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motas

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake O Dagger View Post
Well, I must say, the champion herself is cool. I think she might be a bit too much though. The Earth Wall is uber, as against pretty much anything but a caster it is like trying to destroy a level 18 champion at max rank. I am very worried about balance issues due to the armor. But then again, thats just number tweaking, so that's hardly a problem. Tomb of Water I'm very against, as anything that disables a champion for 8 seconds is probably broken or will at least lead to a lot of frustration if its too easy to use (not a skill shot or otherwise easily avoidable). But again, this is just numbers, so thats not really a problem either. Water Shield I'm not so sure you can make well. Negating negative spells is REALLY powerful, and if you make it short enough that its not broken its not worth it. I'd suggest replacing this ability. Not so sure about the blink-like Wind teleport power. Overall, I don't think too much of the rest really has any major problems outside of number issues. Nice job.
i did the math, Wall of Earth reduces 75% of physical damage and only has 600 hp, its meant to stop creep waves mostly, I've reduced it and changed the disable to a silence instead.

As for the explanation, of course this hero is supposed to be scary when she has mana, a 4-5 spell combo could put you in a pickle.

I'm currently working on AP ratios and as such (realizing this is a combo hero) I'm going to be toning down the damage on the abilities

Drake O Dagger

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motas View Post
i did the math, Wall of Earth reduces 75% of physical damage and only has 600 hp, its meant to stop creep waves mostly, I've reduced it and changed the disable to a silence instead.

As for the explanation, of course this hero is supposed to be scary when she has mana, a 4-5 spell combo could put you in a pickle.

I'm currently working on AP ratios and as such (realizing this is a combo hero) I'm going to be toning down the damage on the abilities
I'm not so sure about how you did the math for the armor, I just know 300 armor means you're increasing the effective health by 300%, which gives it 1800 effective HP against ALL auto-attacks, and a good chunk of other abilities (though some things which SHOULD be physical abilities are treated as magic, which is just odd to me).

Xigo Xigo

01-09-2010

Question.

What's this character's weakness?

Motas

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake O Dagger View Post
I'm not so sure about how you did the math for the armor, I just know 300 armor means you're increasing the effective health by 300%, which gives it 1800 effective HP against ALL auto-attacks, and a good chunk of other abilities (though some things which SHOULD be physical abilities are treated as magic, which is just odd to me).
The equation for armor reduction is this:

Armor/(100 + Armor) = Damage reduced

So:
300/100+300=75% damage reduced

Motas

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lXigolXigol View Post
Question.

What's this character's weakness?
A squishy hero throughout the game (I'll be sure to make that more evident)

Satyr Saint

01-09-2010

Definitely needs some number tweaking, IMO. Consider, for instance, Heat Absorption. At level 2, that's 240 mana every 15 seconds, or 80 mana/5, minus the 10 it costs to cast it. And it takes away mana from an enemy. Also, I think there has to be some sort of limitation put on her ability to change forms. Right now she's an absurd anti-mage with Heat Absorption and Water Form as a whole. She can use Water Form to stomp enemy teams, and then Earth/Wind form to stop most, if not all, of them from getting away.

Also, Water Form seems to be more of an anti-caster mode than a teamfight mode. You have a meh armor/spell resistance aura, and then two silences and a spellshield. Also, Water Form will utterly dominate caster-heavy teams, which will make it's anti-caster focus perform erractically. It will be very meh against some teams, and Pandora's Box for other teams. If you change some of the abilities so they focus for more of a general teamfight/AoE support role, it'd be much better in my opinion.

The general idea is solid, and I don't consider bad numbers to be that much of a knock-down, but you definitely need some sort of limitation on form changes.

Motas

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr Saint View Post
Definitely needs some number tweaking, IMO. Consider, for instance, Heat Absorption. At level 2, that's 240 mana every 15 seconds, or 80 mana/5, minus the 10 it costs to cast it. And it takes away mana from an enemy. Also, I think there has to be some sort of limitation put on her ability to change forms. Right now she's an absurd anti-mage with Heat Absorption and Water Form as a whole. She can use Water Form to stomp enemy teams, and then Earth/Wind form to stop most, if not all, of them from getting away.

Also, Water Form seems to be more of an anti-caster mode than a teamfight mode. You have a meh armor/spell resistance aura, and then two silences and a spellshield. Also, Water Form will utterly dominate caster-heavy teams, which will make it's anti-caster focus perform erractically. It will be very meh against some teams, and Pandora's Box for other teams. If you change some of the abilities so they focus for more of a general teamfight/AoE support role, it'd be much better in my opinion.

The general idea is solid, and I don't consider bad numbers to be that much of a knock-down, but you definitely need some sort of limitation on form changes.
I have been thinking of these things for a while.
My idea is a hero that can combo you to death IF you have fast fingers/reflexes.

I'm thinking of reducing the damage of all the spells a bit and tweaking other things.

Would this be good enough for you?

Drake O Dagger

01-09-2010

Quote:
My idea is a hero that can combo you to death IF you have fast fingers/reflexes.

I'm thinking of reducing the damage of all the spells a bit and tweaking other things.

One of the main issues is changing forms at high speed. This makes the champion TOO adaptable, which in turn makes it able to overwhelm most champions. Stealing mana is a very powerful ability, but when you can cast some uber spell, steal mana, then cast CC or a wall to stop an opponent from escaping (or have a partner to do some of that as well), you basically make it so "i just cast 3 spells, haha i win." is a very good description of how the champion is played in the 1000+ "nerf" threads this would spawn.

Satyr Saint

01-10-2010

Quote:

Justifying power with difficulty does not work, as it makes it the most powerful option in high-end games, and completely gimped at low-end games. Additionally, the the amount of skill needed to micro this hero into being OP would be very little for the reward it gives.

IMO, the two things that this champion needs changed are a restriction to form change, and a change to water form.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2010

Quote:
The only difference is that my hero is X4 more complex
i donno if i would agree with this

with nidalee there are a lot of way to build her

your hero basically just goes ap and then your hero can do everything amazingly well (tank / disable / support etc)

i like the concept i just think it might be too strong