[Champion Suggestion] Arcana - Elemental Magus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motas

01-05-2010

I wanted a hero that could challenge the versatility of DotA’s Invoker, I hope I have succeeded.

Elemental Magus: Arcana

Lore:
Arc learned about magic in its most primitive forms, namely the 4 elements of fire, water, air, and earth. She set out to find them and control them. Deep in a cavern, miles under the earth’s surface, Arc found what she was looking for. A room sealed shut with ancient runes, upon entering the room, she felt as though she would explode from the power trying to possess her. The 4 elements had a mind of their own and Arc wasn’t strong enough to overcome their strength, they seized her mind and twisted her magic. A part of her died that day, she was reborn as Arcana, the Elemental Magus. Now Arcana, being possessed by the very elements she sought to control, can tap into any magic born into the natural landscape, destroying all in her path.

“The elements are perfect, you are not, we will eliminate you!!!”

Role: Caster, Support, Farmer, Pusher

Stats:
Hp 4/10
Attack 4/10
Magic 10/10
Difficulty 10/10

Hp 439 (+ 50 per level)
Mana 500 (+ 80 per level)
Armor 12.3 (+ 2.5 per level)
Hp regen 5.2 (+ 0.46 per level)
Mana regen 4.76 (+ 0.5 per level)
Magic Resist 35 (+ 0 per level)
Movement Speed 305
Range 550
Damage 45 (+ 3 per level)

Voice: I'm figuring a conglomerate mess of four voices in one

Selection:
"You pick us? Only if you are willing to pay the price!"

Movement:
"You dare command me?"
"Only if we destroy!"

Attack:
"Time to die!"
"We will eliminate you!"
"Let chaos ensue!"

Taunt:
"We are perfect, you can never hope to achieve greatness!"

Joke:
"Are we supposed to amuse you?"

Note about this hero:
Arcana has a whopping 12 spells at her disposal (3 for each element)
Here’s how it works:

Her R ability on all forms reverts her back to normal form, where she has no spells until she selects a different form.

Earth is available at 6,11,16.

Here's an example:
1 point in fire, (Q) is learned
2 points in fire, (Q) is level 2, (W) is learned
3 points in fire, (Q) is level 3, (W) is level 2, (E) is learned
4 points in fire, (Q) is level 4, (W) is level 3, (E) is level 2
5 points in fire, (Q) is level 5, (W) is level 4, (E) is level 3

Unless its earth:
1 point in earth, (Q) is learned
2 points in earth, (Q) is level 2, (W) is learned
3 points in earth, (Q) is level 3, (W) is level 2, (E) is learned

Passive: Elemental Shift
Due to the unstable concentration of her magic, Arcana will shift elemental affinity to better fit the situation.
(this means Arcana’s inherent passive changes depending on the form she’s in)

Note: Arcana’s cloak and garb will change colors depending on the element she is currently manipulating

Fire (Harassing/Pushing)

Passive: Combustion Aura:
Deals 5/10/15 magic damage a second to nearby enemies in a (whatever the range of sunfire cape is)

Heat Absorption: (Q)
Taking the mana out of her enemy, Arcana transfers it into her own mana pool.
Drains 30/60/90/120/150 Mana over 4 seconds
Cost: 10 Mana
Cooldown: 20/15/10/10/10 seconds
Range: 600

Searing Beam: (W)
Arcana calls upon all the heat in all the bodies around her and forces it all into one single enemy, dealing damage. The resulting heat gain reduces many of the enemy’s stats due to fatigue.
Deals 100/120/140/160 damage(+0.4*AP), and Movement Speed, Attack Speed, Armor, and Magic Resist are reduced by 5%/10%/15%/20% for 4 seconds afterwards.
Cost: 110/130/150/180 Mana
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Range: 700

(Ult)Spawn Fire Elementals: (E)
Using her complete mastery of fire, Arcana completely forges a Fire Elemental out of the air. The Fire Elementals do Arcana’s bidding.
Summons 1/2/3 Fire Elementals. Each one shares Arcana’s Combustion Aura.
Cost: 200/250/300 Mana
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Note: Fire Elementals have 1000 Hp and deal 75/125/175 damage per attack

Water (Teamfights)

Passive: Waters of Protection
Arcana is constantly channeling the water to help out her allies. Provides 10/15/20 Armor and Magic Resist to allies within 1000 AOE of Arcana.

Tomb of Water: (Q)
Contaminating the brain with excess amounts of water, Arcana singles out one enemy and disables their mind for a period of time.
The enemy is blinded for 1/2/3/4 seconds and takes 10/20/30/40(+0.05*AP) damage each second.
Cost: 165 Mana
Range 450/450/500/500/550

Water Shield: (W)
Arcana channels water to create a compressed shield that negates a negative spell and then it dissipates back into the water.
Negates a negative spell for 5/10/15/20 seconds
Cost:100/110/120/130 Mana
Range 500

(Ult)Silencing Waters (passive)
The water swirling around Arcana automatically gags any enemy that casts a spell.
Any enemy that casts a spell near Arcana is silenced for 1 second and dealt 60/80/100(+0.1*AP) damage in return.
Range 1000

Wind (Escaping/Chasing)

Passive: Light As Air
Arcana feels the speed of the wind around her, her movement speed is increased by 5/10/15%

Aerial Connection (Skillshot) (Q)
A surge of air connects Arcana to the enemy, forcing the victim to stay near Arcana for a period of time
Sends a stream of air 600/700/800/900/1000 distance, pulling the enemy within 500 distance of Arcana for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds, dealing 50(+0.1*AP) damage per second.
Cost: 100/110/120

Wind Warp: (W)
Arcana uses the power of winds’ speed to warp to another location
Warps Arcana 400/500/600/700 distance, upon arrival, she deals 50/60/70/80(+0.3*AP) damage to the nearest target.
Cost: 100 Mana
Cooldown: 30

(Ult)Tornado (Passive)
Arcana compresses the surrounding air into herself, creating a vortex that pulls all units around her into it.
Enemies are drawn towards Arcana at 50/100/150 units per second, when they are within 200 range of her, the enemies take 50/75/100(+0.1*AP) damage per second
Range: 1000 AOE

(Ult Form)Earth (Defense)

Passive: Stone Defense
Being close to the earth, Arcana’s health is increased by 400/600/800.

Wall of Earth: (Q)
Arcana uses the earth around her to construct a living wall.
The wall has 400/500/600hp(+1.0*AP) and has armor of 200/250/300, it regenerates 1/2/3 hp per second and deals 1%/2%/3% of damage taken to its attackers.
Lasts indefinitely
Cost: 180 Mana
Cooldown: 160 seconds

Can only have two walls at any given time.

Structural Modification (W)
Arcana absorbs as much Earth as she can, and transfers her health to that of friendly structures.
Arcana transfers 10%/15% of her hp to the selected structure (or damages enemy structure)
Cost: 250/300
Cooldown: 120
Range: 300

(Ult)Desert Coffin: (E)
The enemy is encapsulated in a cocoon of sand, then the champion is thrust under the ground (invulnerable) as long as Arcana can channel, and then the enemy is crushed, dealing 600(+0.5*AP) damage.
Cost: 100 + 60 per second to sustain
Cooldown: 180

Here are some pictures I thought could represent the form changes
Attachment 11934
Attachment 11935
Attachment 11936
Attachment 11937

A few notes for this hero:
When you shift elemental phases, the cooldowns continue to go down.

Changelog:
1.9.10: lowered the damage on all spells by anywhere from 25-100 and added low AP ratios to somewhat compensate, also, changed stats so she's more squishy, but with a larger mana pool.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or advice in general, feel free to notify me
Thx
-Motas

DotEleven

01-06-2010

I kinda like the idea. Although it kinda overshadows Nidalee considering Nidalee has two forms and Arcana has 4 and Arcana can change from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motas View Post
(Ult)Silencing Waters (passive)
The water swirling around Arcana automatically gags any enemy that casts a spell.
Any enemy that casts a spell near Arcana is silenced for 1/2/3 seconds and dealt 60/80/100 damage in return.
Range 1000
So I'm guess this activates after they use a spell. So they cast a spell, silenced for 1/2/3 seconds and then they can cast a spell again only to be silenced again. Doesn't this seem a little bit OP, I mean this pretty much screws over any spellcaster. Just my opinion.

Although as a TF, this Ult screws me over pretty bad. I use PaC, silenced for 3 seconds, After that I wait for GC and after locking it in I get silenced for 3 seconds, and that pretty much leaves me 1-2 seconds to throw the card. Hardly enough time considering that most people would see the card and space themselves a bit from me.

Motas

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetooth80291 View Post
I kinda like the idea. Although it kinda overshadows Nidalee considering Nidalee has two forms and Arcana has 4 and Arcana can change from the start.
The only difference is that my hero is X4 more complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetooth80291 View Post
So I'm guess this activates after they use a spell. So they cast a spell, silenced for 1/2/3 seconds and then they can cast a spell again only to be silenced again. Doesn't this seem a little bit OP, I mean this pretty much screws over any spellcaster. Just my opinion.

Although as a TF, this Ult screws me over pretty bad. I use PaC, silenced for 3 seconds, After that I wait for GC and after locking it in I get silenced for 3 seconds, and that pretty much leaves me 1-2 seconds to throw the card. Hardly enough time considering that most people would see the card and space themselves a bit from me.
I agree, I didn't think about TF and PaC with that, I'll reduce the silence down to 1 second on each level, then it only will disrupt combos, not screw over every caster in the game.

Thx for your notice in my champion

Motas

01-06-2010

Bump

It would be nice for more feedback before I enter Arcana into the 3rd CSC coming up soon

Dreadstone

01-07-2010

Yeah... I dont get it Motas..... Still isnt clear to me how it works. Oh and this
"Her ult Form Change is available from the start, you put your level up points into either Fire, Water, or Wind. Earth is available at 6,11,16.
When the attribute is researched:
At level 1, she will have 1 of his abilities
At level 2, she will have 2 of his abilities
At level 3 she will have all 3 of his abilities"
that was just bugging me... sorry, lol.

Motas

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadstone View Post
Yeah... I dont get it Motas..... Still isnt clear to me how it works. Oh and this
"Her ult Form Change is available from the start, you put your level up points into either Fire, Water, or Wind. Earth is available at 6,11,16.
When the attribute is researched:
At level 1, she will have 1 of his abilities
At level 2, she will have 2 of his abilities
At level 3 she will have all 3 of his abilities"
that was just bugging me... sorry, lol.
Thx for that, at the last minute, I had to change her name, it used to be a different name, but apparently half of that name was asterisked out, so I made last minute changes to make the hero a woman, oh well, its fixed now.

Motas

01-08-2010

With the contest coming up, it would be nice for some more feedback plz

Xigo Xigo

01-08-2010

I believe she should instead have access to all 4 of the forms at level 1, like Udyr.

The thing is...every character in the game has a certain word that can describe them. Master Yi is a carry, Morgana is a caster, etc. And they all have moves that revolve around their 'focus'. Your character, however, has no focus (Not that this is a bad thing). She just has too many moves available to her. Therefore, I suggest that she must remain in a form upon entering it for 20 seconds. If she could just swap forms as quickly as Udyr, she could enter Earth form, summon a wall infront of her victim, enter Water form, and attack them. She then would enter Wind form, chase them until the player knows Earth Wall is back up, enter Earth form, cast wall, rinse, lather, repeat.

She would have the option of selecting exactly how she enters a battle, and if need be, change during the middle of it. But not so often that it's incredibly dangerous to approach her as long as she still has mana.

At level 1, she has access to
Q: Fire Form
W: Water Form
E: Wind Form
R: Earth Form.

Her R ability in all forms will return her back to her 'normal' form. She can change forms again immediately after returning to normal form.

All of her form's 'ults' only become active upon getting a form to level 3.

Drake O Dagger

01-08-2010

Well, I must say, the champion herself is cool. I think she might be a bit too much though. The Earth Wall is uber, as against pretty much anything but a caster it is like trying to destroy a level 18 champion at max rank. I am very worried about balance issues due to the armor. But then again, thats just number tweaking, so that's hardly a problem. Tomb of Water I'm very against, as anything that disables a champion for 8 seconds is probably broken or will at least lead to a lot of frustration if its too easy to use (not a skill shot or otherwise easily avoidable). But again, this is just numbers, so thats not really a problem either. Water Shield I'm not so sure you can make well. Negating negative spells is REALLY powerful, and if you make it short enough that its not broken its not worth it. I'd suggest replacing this ability. Not so sure about the blink-like Wind teleport power. Overall, I don't think too much of the rest really has any major problems outside of number issues. Nice job.

Motas

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lXigolXigol View Post
I believe she should instead have access to all 4 of the forms at level 1, like Udyr.
I'm not trying to make another Udyr, I'm making an Invoker style LoL champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lXigolXigol View Post
Your character, however, has no focus (Not that this is a bad thing). She just has too many moves available to her. Therefore, I suggest that she must remain in a form upon entering it for 20 seconds. If she could just swap forms as quickly as Udyr, she could enter Earth form, summon a wall infront of her victim, enter Water form, and attack them. She then would enter Wind form, chase them until the player knows Earth Wall is back up, enter Earth form, cast wall, rinse, lather, repeat.

She would have the option of selecting exactly how she enters a battle, and if need be, change during the middle of it. But not so often that it's incredibly dangerous to approach her as long as she still has mana.

At level 1, she has access to
Q: Fire Form
W: Water Form
E: Wind Form
R: Earth Form.

Her R ability in all forms will return her back to her 'normal' form. She can change forms again immediately after returning to normal form.

All of her form's 'ults' only become active upon getting a form to level 3.
I'll work on a few things, thx for the advice