[Guide] A Cheatsheet to Victory

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zoom4life

01-08-2011

nice but not all of it right every time

HogGunner

01-08-2011

Well done man ^^

Samodael

01-08-2011

Quote:
On White-flagging
At times, the game is mostly over, and you are at a severe disadvantage; sure, you can turtle and you may come back, and even if you eventually win, you’ll be hard-pressed to do so, and the only right thing to do by then is to surrender, learn from your mistakes (which means you don't do it again), and have time for victory in a new game. We just shouldn’t have played so poorly from the start. Surrendering is a show of good judgment. Fail fast, fail early.
See, you make a great point here. If there is little to no chance at victory, just surrender and move on. I hate it when people absolutely refuse to surrender because:

- They're angry and have raged and fed and want to make everyone else mad
- They're stubborn and believe a win is within reach (and while possible, I'd rather just surrender so I can try for a win)
- They pick "No" and use the excuse, "We lost anyway" (This is possibly the WORST excuse I've ever heard for voting no)

Number 3 there really makes me mad. Yes, we lost anyway, so surrender instead of dragging anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes of gameplay out. I'd like to move on.

Cenerae

01-08-2011

The 'don't tower dive' part is a bit conditional...there are times before level 6 when tower diving would be acceptable. Namely, when you are assured to land a kill. Though you need to analyse the situation before you do so.

If the enemy champion has their important summoner spells (flash, ghost are the big two...exhaust, ignite and other battle summoner spells need to be taken into account too) on cooldown, then they are vulnerable. If they are low on mana, or have no cc, then they are a free kill assumming you can reach them. Keeping tabs on your opponents in other lanes is also helpful. If the enemy has a level 6 TF, Pantheon, Shen or Gangplank, chances are your dive may turn sour.

But if the enemy has at least one summoner spell up, or if they can cc/snare you to prevent you from reaching them...or if you're playing a champ without a way to get in range for the kill...then yes, you probably should not tower dive.

It's all about analysing the situation as you go. Some of us (like myself) could stand to get better at it.

As far as surrendering goes, I generally vote no unless the game is so clearly one sided that there's no chance in hell of bouncing back. Some people call it quits when you're a handful of kills and a couple of towers down. That's not a game over situation. Game over is when you're 4+ towers and 10+ kills down, and your entire team is a good couple of levels behind the lowest guy on the enemy team, and you've lost every 5v5. At that point, I'll accept one last try at a teamfight and throw in the towel if it fails.

sc2timeloc

01-08-2011

Yes, it's pretty clear that tower diving is conditional: "For the most part, don’t tower dive." Thank you kindly for expanding on the details for those that are inexperienced and new.

Captain Shin

01-08-2011

A couple of things
First - As of the latest patch, warding dragon early, for the sake of warding dragon, isn't so much the priority it used to be, because few junglers can solo dragon at low levels anymore. That being said, the "positioning" of the dragon ward remains very strategic, and may be worth the ward for its own sake.
Secondly - On turret diving: if you are going for 2 on 1, it's usually worth it to turret dive, as long as one person walks away because you come out ahead by 175 gold for the assist, and the survivor gets to free farm the lane. However, other things disturb this mechanic, for example, spree gold. Always be cautious of turret diving when you are on two kills, because if you do get that kill and die, the other guy bags the spree gold, and your team comes out of it the worse off.
Thirdly - Just a general observation, but 'tanks' these days are entirely too concerned about their kdr. I can't remember the last time i saw someone but myself suicide to save a carry, but really, it's important to be aware of who's important, and who is not, in the grand scheme of things. Fat carries with many kills are generally worth at least one teamate in a non-essential role, typically tanks and initiates. Of course, it takes a lot to deliberately take the fall for a teamate, but among other things,you need to be able to ignore that tiny voice that tells you "why risk it when he might just make it on his own". Otherwise, solid alround material.
Later bro.

Edit: On a sidenote - i think it might be worth making it explicit that it's usually a good deal if you lose 1-2 deaths to defend/push an early turret [of course, this needs to be balanced off against the possibilty that the other team will take advantage of the deaths to counter push, etc, etc...]
Trolling the white flaggin': Of course if you are playing a DEMACIAN, it follows you can't surrender. Anything else, especially the NOXIANS who have been using the IONIAN boots of lucidity a lot lately, by all means, do vote yes.

Mesa H

01-08-2011

2 A solid solo lane (usually mid) is one that will dominate her lane, and be able to gank or take the mid tower quickly

funny how female rocks mid.

Edo912

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

This is so great!! This can be a good guide for ppl that are starting ranked games!!! Worth to read it!!! +1

turbotime

01-08-2011

nice guide dude.

robby9653

01-08-2011

impressive.....

awesome tips bro