Static of flat +ATK Speed runes for Sivir?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmyOverlord

01-03-2010

Title.

I'd prefer if you don't judge me on it. Just give me an answer.

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

01-03-2010

You don't want an explanation? I'll give it anyway...

I don't think that's a good idea. Flat runes will make you benefit early game, but then Ricochet will drain your mana faster if you enable it, and Boomerang Blade is better at killing enemy champions.

+atk would be better...

Lemt

01-03-2010

I'd probably also suggest +atk or +crit chance. The crit chance is better if you go for an early Infinity Edge, and the +atk is better with your Ricochet.

And although this may seem odd, and is a bit off-topic, always get the magic penetration mastery. I go DPS Sivir and still find it invaluable. Finished a game right now, 5-1-15, and dealt the second most magical damage, just behind the enemy poison Singed, and way more than the third in line. You depend on your boomerang a LOT as Sivir.

Mpalm

01-03-2010

Why would you get +attack speed runes on sivir? With starks and R you have insane AS anyway. Get armor penetration instead.

AmyOverlord

01-06-2010

So...Static or Flat +Atk Speed runes for Sivir?

Level99RaidBoss

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyOverlord View Post
So...Static or Flat +Atk Speed runes for Sivir?
Neither.

And to the person who said go 9 into offense tree for 15% magic pen, you're so much better off going 9 into defense for the added dodge and +10% movement. It works so well with her passive.

AmyOverlord

01-06-2010

Hm. I wonder..

Should I go static or flat attack speed runes for Sivir? 8D

Whiskas

01-06-2010

I would not use attack speed runes at all on Sivir.

The benefit is just too small. You usually get Berserkers and/or Recurve Bow (going for Starks or Last Whisper) quite early in the game, making the runes completely neglectable.

I go for an Ricochet centric build, not leveling Boomerang at all besides for early game harrassment (just too easy to dodge). Going all the way for armor penetration with Marks is good in many ways:

- this is the only rune build to actually make ricochet hit harder, since crit dmg and all other effects do not apply to ricochet, but if your first hit does more dmg (with armor pen is does) also your bounces will do more

- your main goal should be push lanes and destroying towers. Armor pen helps getting towers down faster

- with enough armor pen (I got ~30 through runes and masteries), Starks, Whisper and Black Cleaver, you even make a decent hero killer late game

AmyOverlord

01-06-2010

I see.

This still raises an issue.

Static or flat attack speed runes for Sivir?

no12

01-06-2010

Your question WAS actually answered
>Flat runes will make you benefit early game, but then Ricochet will drain your mana faster if you enable it

If you mist go +ASPD then the progressive ones will make your life easier.