Mundo as a Tank

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MOONDO

01-05-2010

but then, I ask the viability of mundo as a character then.. His skills don't really synergize do be a dps, even masochism scales with his hp or lack therof, yet he will be a joke metagame if built tank..

Toros

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooce View Post
Like someone else said. His lack of CC or even AoE makes him subpar. If they buffed the radius and dmg of his AoE aura maybe he could get some lovin. Maybe attach a slow to it, or some kind of effect so he provides a little something.

Almost all the tanks save for 3-4 need tweaking to be made into an actual tank. This is why carries are running so rampant, because their counters (tanks) are almost all subpar at best. Meanwhile counters for tanks are presented for both carries and casters.

His toxic green skin isp retty OP though.
Most tanks can't farm very well, and many carries are exceptional farmers. This largely destroys the mechanic of "carry them at the beginning, they carry you at the end", as carries will be better than tanks the moment they make their first trip back to the shop.

Tanks help your carries kill their carries and dps easier though CC.

SlyGoat

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONDO View Post
but then, I ask the viability of mundo as a character then.. His skills don't really synergize do be a dps, even masochism scales with his hp or lack therof, yet he will be a joke metagame if built tank..
he isn't viable because of the shallow mechanics LoL runs on

MOONDO

01-05-2010

but i love mundo.. he proposed last night.. and we made beautiful love

rambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-05-2010

starks fervor, max masochism, use ulti to tower dive. have a hearty laugh when you kill an enemy twitch in two hits

Gandalf 007

01-05-2010

Mundo makes a great tank because he has 2 different AOE disables, an ultimate that allows him to not have to itemize as much for HP, and is not shut down by a single item (executioner's calling).

Oh wait, I'm thinking of a different, better-balanced tank.

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf 007 View Post
Mundo makes a great tank because he has 2 different AOE disables, an ultimate that allows him to not have to itemize as much for HP, and is not shut down by a single item (executioner's calling).

Oh wait, I'm thinking of a different, better-balanced tank.
Chogath! do i get an e-cookie?

Bregan

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
nobody plays mundo because he doesn't have hard CC
not entirely true. the largest reason people dont play mundo is that anything mundo can do, somebody else can do better.

bdschuss

01-05-2010

dps mundo is much more fun than a tank mundo. Try it you'll like it. Sadly Executioner's ruins mundo's day completely.

Grotsnik

01-05-2010

I'm surprised by the lack of Mundo understanding the community has. If you're building for end game, you've already missed the point. Mundo is an early Deeps monster and ganks hard the first half of the game. He dominates lanes and denies XP very easily. All his spotlight happens when no one has items.

Mundo is an elixer ***** to maximize his early game, not Warmogs or Inf Edges.

After Mundo starts losing out to real carries, he should already have Starks, Aegis, and/or Mallet. His late game is lacking, so he becomes a damage sponge and a support item carrier.

Mundo plays a role very similar to old Tryndamere in group fights. He's highly mobile and he crushes the zones of range DPS characters with his high survivability and decent damage. You jump on top of Ashe, Tristana, Twitch, other similar targets, and they will be eating good damage or they'll be losing out on DPS while dealing with the threat.

He's not a double Warmong Force of Nature farmer. He should have some of the lowest creep score on the team due to heavy focus on harassment until late game.

So you could say Mundo plays the tank role however, it's a much different type of tanking that Chogath, Singed, and Alistar do. He's better categorized as second tank or DPS/support. All that said, that buff to Spirit Visage better be worth the suffering Executioner's Calling has put Mundo players through.

On a final note to Reds: pick up a dictionary and learn what masochism and sadism are. You still have them backwards.

EDIT: <3 Exhaust Maso crits before level 6.