Anyone have some similar experiences? (good)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raike

01-06-2010

I had a fantastic game last night 5v5 premade. Probably the best I've ever played. The game lasted well over an hour, probably closer to the hour and twenty mark. We lost, but not without putting up a hell of a fight, and it was so close we were completely zoned into the game. (TLDR AT BOTTOM)

Teams were (enemy): Janna, twitch, rammus, katarina, fiddles
allies: Blitz, katarina, fiddles, amumu, tryndamere

The gist of it was each team was pushing back and forth, laning normally till around level 10 or so (12ish for the solo mids, myself as fiddles and an attack speed janna (this confused us)). At this point, people started grouping up for ganks, once again playing back and forth, killing around two people at a time most fights before everyone would back off. Their tryndamere managed to pull ahead slightly in kills, which worried us for awhile

The teamfights were fairly even, with each team getting their fair share of kills. A couple of towers were taken down on each outer lane, but with no real push. As the game wore on, both sets of middle towers went down, and they grabbed baron after a team fight. We managed to shut down their fiddles and get our own amumu/fiddles combo ult to take out 4/5 of their team. Shoving our way up the middle we managed to take their inner turret, inhibitor, and 1/2 turrets in front of the nexus before getting pushed back.

Following suit, awhile later (there was some random fighting for awhile before baron popped), our team picked up baron, but 4/5 of us were taken out shortly thereafter due to a well set up twitch/fiddles combo. They pulled the same stunt, pushing our middle, but our blitz managed to keep them from hitting the nexus turrets. As a result, they took out our other inhibitors.

As we spawned, we managed to kill 3/5 of them in our base, and rush theirs. But by the time we started working on the nexus, their creeps had overwhelmed an unfortunately underprotected base, and taken ours.

Long game, long read, but by god the best game I've ever played. I think it was about 5am here by the time we finished and hell yes was it worth it.

TL;DR: Long, drawn out game. Best one I've ever played, even though we lost. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Ayline

01-06-2010

Yes sir. I was in an hour and 10 min game just the other night. It was a lot of fun. We thought we had lost when they took out all out inhibitors, but we managed to push them all back out of our base and keep control until our inhibitors respawned(Turn of game was our Warwick hitting 18 around 50mins into the game and finally realizing how to play, or something). So we pushed them all the way back to their base, killed all their inhibitors and were pushed out. Luckily we had a strong enough push to keep them in their own base and soon won. It was a very great game and I hope for more like it in the future.

boni

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raike View Post
Teams were (enemy): Janna, twitch, rammus, katarina, fiddles
allies: Blitz, katarina, fiddles, amumu, tryndamere
myself as fiddles and an attack speed janna (this confused us)). At this point, people started grouping up for ganks, once again playing back and forth, killing around two people at a time most fights before everyone would back off. Their tryndamere managed to pull ahead slightly in kills, which worried us for awhile
How could their trynd pull ahead, if they didn't have one?

Evermore930

01-06-2010

Compared to DOTA, I have found that LoL has considerably more 'quality' games

MOONDO

01-06-2010

good for you, I really enjoy the occasional evenly matched fair mannered legthy games