Critical Damage Runes vs Critical Chance Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trux 42

01-06-2010

The way it works (roughly) is that if your crit chance is <50% for the portion of the game where you want to maximise your dps, crit chance runes are better. If on the other hand it's >50%, crit damage runes are better. I focus on gold/5 and farming up until roughly the 15 minute mark, if people are stupid enough to let me score a kill all the better. Mid-late is where I want to do damage. I've tried penetration and AP builds and I just don't find them to be as effective as the crit build plank.

I run crit damage runes and my build usually goes
meki+pots
boots 1+philosophers
2x avarice
another avarice (if before the 15m mark)
sheen
crit cloak
IE
trinity force
then sell off the philo and avarices for desired items as the game progresses. Grab boots 2 whenever you feel the need, it's a gut call, but if you can delay them as long as possible you ramp up significantly quicker, it just depends on the matchup.

My most recent game ended with Last Whisper, Malady, Bloodthirster, Trinity and IE at 15/13/20. Truthfully I'm not that experienced with plank and the late game items could've went better (switch malady/blood for guardian for example).

Mpalm

01-06-2010

I'd go with critical damage as critical chance items are easy to come by.

Great Red Ape

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL AND TEDS EXCELLENT View Post
He isn't talking about your build, hes talking about heat n serves build which you are using. The build he is listing IS focusing on parrrrley. Ive said before a million times. Crit chance is stupidly easy to obtain in the form of items while crit damage is not, which makes the runes much more attractive. This is not a 1v1 game, no one cares about the numbers of an auto attack fight with parrrrley being shot every time its off cooldown.

Also, if you think I was a low level player, go to the top 500. (which has nothing to do with your argument, and doesn't help to prove a point by "not being a low level")

I can understand void if you have money to burn and they are really stacking the **** outta MR yeah, it's also a huge investment to just take in your build always though.

I will also explain this again. Avarices are purchased because they are extremely cheap and give a **** good crit chance boost which makes up for the lack of an early/mid sheen. What puts them over the top of sheen is the gold per 5. So you have nasty crit damage, get crit chance from avarices, all while being a cheap investment. This will not only help you lane and team fight early game with some nice RNG crits, but they start paying themselves back. Sure you may not get your whole investment back, will you with sheen also? No. Its horrible late game because your crit chance should be skyrocketing and sheen procs which increase base damage ARE NOT ADDED TO PARRRLEY CRIT DAMAGE. Let me say it again. Base damage is NOT added to PARRRRLEY on CRITS. Only non-crit parrrleys.

Also triforce is touted as survivability. In my opinion its an extremely expensive choice for such a poor return. One, the sheen effect is useless late game. Two, you shouldn't need a slow to blow people up with parrrley. So what are you getting out of it? A little more hp than from a ruby crystal? Why not just go Phantom Dancer and Banshees or Guardian Angel? Hell you are probably already going to get Phantom anyways. You made the zeal already. GA or BV is going to give you much much more survivability than triforce.

Avarice? Meh.

2x Avarice is 1500 gold for 24% crit chance. Two Cloaks is 1760 gold, thats 260 more, for 32% crit chance. So I'm not really understanding how avarice is better. More so, you don't have to sell the second cloak; you turn one into IE, the other into Phantom or Atmas at your discretion later on.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff10426 View Post
Avarice? Meh.

2x Avarice is 1500 gold for 24% crit chance. Two Cloaks is 1760 gold, thats 260 more, for 32% crit chance. So I'm not really understanding how avarice is better. More so, you don't have to sell the second cloak; you turn one into IE, the other into Phantom or Atmas at your discretion later on.
Because the blades give you 5 gold/10s. Later on, you sell them and buy your high tier items. Try it out sometime and you'll understand why it's so popular.

Great Red Ape

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
Because the blades give you 5 gold/10s. Later on, you sell them and buy your high tier items. Try it out sometime and you'll understand why it's so popular.

Right, except I don't need to sell cloaks because they're being used to items I'm going to use later on anyways. So I'm running around with 12% more crit chance until then, unless you buy a third avarice blade, in which case you spent 2250 to get the same crit rate, only I spent 1760.

Morzas

01-06-2010

Crit damage runes are good late game, crit chance runes are good early game. I think crit chance is better because I like it when games end early, and a few early parley crits can wreck people's faces.