Teemo all wrong or bad team mates?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vichar

01-06-2010

I'm so glad for your thread. I play a lot of Teemo and most of my games are wins. This is because I tend to play a team game, and I do my utmost to amplify what skill my team has.

I was actually afraid Teemo was due for another nerf, because he's so good. I think Teemo is the final answer to "hard" carries. His speed lets him get to other lanes quickly. He has damage over time, which gets kills other champs wouldn't get. Finally, the shrooms are free wards AND death traps for the unwary, allow for supreme, low-cost map control.

I hope others make posts like yours, so that Teemo doesn't get nerfed. Teemo is almost ridiculously strong right now. I can't carry a team like Twitch, but I can do a lot for the team that really stacks the deck in our favor if their Teemo isn't as good.

gunsharp

01-06-2010

There's not much you can do if your teammates are too new to know to support the carry. At least you were probably going to lose the game anyways if they were that ignorant.

leonhart83

01-06-2010

I actually played against a Teemo this morning that did pretty well. The first item that was built was the phantom dancer. I don't know whether the player did this because of champ kills that allowed him to purchase it or it was his/her normal build.

1.Phantom Dancer
2.Berserker Greaves
3.Warmogs Armour
4.Bloodthirster
5.Frozen Heart

I am not sure of the order of the 4th & 5th item but what do you guys think of this build. It seems incredibly good and the Teemo was surviving almost all battles that weren't concentrated on killing him.

It might have just been that he was fed quite a few times by the other solo mid which for some reason was Nunu (even after saying that I recommended that it should be me) and then continued to gank and rack up quite a few kills. The end score for this Teemo was something like 29/3/4. The highest I have seen for a Teemo.

bobthegood

01-07-2010

Now phantom dancer is peculiar on him but Warmogs? Then frozen heart?

Sure, he has dodge, hp, armor, and low dmg lifesteal, but he doesn't have enough damage to be a threat and no ap means his shrooms/dart are garbage in terms of damage.

I think your solo mid let him get out of control and he used his superior mobility and map control to capitalize on ganking opportunities.

Vichar

01-07-2010

Phantom Dancer is AWESOME on Teemo. Why? Teemo is already fast, but with the extra speed Teemo is gankerific. Oh, the +Crit chance ain't bad. Are you sure he didn't have an Inf Edge, too? That's what I would have done.

But yeah, the Frozen Heart gives him +100 Armor (against your carry) and lets him spam blind in every team fight (against your carry). This is to say nothing of how this Teemo probably grabbed the Golem buff, maxed his cooldown at the ceiling 40%, and proceeded to coat the board in shrooms. This Teemo probably read somewhere that he was an "anti-carry", and proceeded to actually use this idea correctly.

The warmogs is hardly surprising. It would give this Teemo +50% health. I've seen a lot of good ranged carries, and many of the best got themselves a defensive item like Warmogs. The extra time you spend in the fight means you do more damage, and you feed less. People expect you to go down horribly to focused fire, and are surprised when you turn around, shroom them, and proceed to annihilate them by blinding and right clicking your way to victory.

EDIT: rightclicking, not autoclicking