Teemo all wrong or bad team mates?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leonhart83

01-05-2010

Here is my build.

1. Vampric Scepter
I have tested this along with Doran's Shield and even though the shield makes Teemo slightly less squishy I find that the ranged attribute and the harassing strengths of Teemo make Vampiric Scepter a better choice.

#Mercury's Treads (versus disablers)
or
#Berserker Greaves (versus Tanks or I am pushing easy & not being harrassed)
I have been finding that it is 50-50 for the choice of the above. If I have a good lane partner I am finding that I will go Berserker most times though.

3. Last Whisper (Recurve Bow first most cases but sword if money is tight)
Excellent against tanks and increased attack speed is a bonus

4. Infinity Edge (1st:Pickaxe 2nd:B.F Sword 3rd:Cloak)
If the game is not moving as fast as I would like the pickaxe is bought first otherwise the B.F Sword is first. I find the Infinity Edge is the Core of the Teemo DPS Build.

#Malady (need more killing ability for cheap)
or
#Bloodthirster (have heaps of money and most likely already going to win)
or
#Starks (in testing process to increase the survivability of poor Teemo)

#Black Cleaver
I get this item to really push the Damage home.
#Frozen Mallet
in testing process to increase the survivability of poor Teemo & Slow

Ok here is my problem. I have been racking up quite a few kills and usually get around quite easily ganking and destroying turrets. I find though the more I succeed in the game the more people are willing to let me go first into battles. Teemo is already a huge target because he is small, squishy & relatively slow, going first into a 5 champ fight almost always means I won't come out alive (even if I score 2 or 3 kills). I am talking about Tanks not being tanks and Team mates not being team mates.

Does this sort of fighter mentality filter its way through the Top tier games as well?

I had a game this morning where one of my team mates must not have realized that Teemo is squishy and sat in the bushes whilst I was getting attacked by two enemies and did nothing until I was dead. Then come out killed the enemy that would have most likely died from poison then ran off. I know that this can be a tactic against a fleeing team mate to come behind and get the kill and save you but not doing a single thing until I was dead.I was shocked.

Same game. I was helping mid as the team mate that let me down seemed to want to play by himself at top, the tank decided to run back as soon we saw an enemy champ. I got disabled and smashed (after I cleansed my way out dropped mushrooms slowed them down and almost took one down) and the tank was sitting back at the tower about 5 cm's away watching. What made it worse was that it was Kayle(Tank Build) who could have cast his ultimate on me.

Is it just me or people are just wanting to play this game for themselves? I am seeing a decline in tank characters, and team work is on the way out as well. I am starting to find that I am unable to rely on my team mates in a solo game and I am left with the below options.

1. Play extremely careful Teemo not harassing just focusing on survival when dual laning (which defeats the purpose of being Teemo)
2. Go solo mid and only play defense when you can't see all 5 characters on map as you can't rely on mia calls either.
3. Only playing Premade games where I can directly communicate with my lane partner
4. Don't play Teemo.

I know I am just probably over-reacting after a really disappointing game this morning, but I want some tips from other Teemo players what they do or change in their builds when they find that their team is either not there for them or are playing super defensive?

Also any constructive criticism over my item build would be appreciated.

smokeD

01-05-2010

Your builds fine, and lower tier games is all about people being greedy and not saving you. When you get into pre-mades, and higher elo games you will see that their is a lot less of this and more common sense. Solo queueing is hard, atleast for me since I have discovered that: 1. When you are higher elo you get matched with lower elo teammembers, and 2. you get matched with premades fairly often. Nothing you can do about it just don't let it bother you.

Uh if your team isn't doing much, like pushing with you/ leaving you behind. You are going to want to just set up mushrooms in all the places you can possibly get ganked and try to push lanes alone till you are farmed enough to solo most of the other team. Also Stark's is a great item for teemo it is not the benefits it gives you, it's that it benefits the whole team which is what makes it very good.

Tetrall Mors

01-05-2010

lol - come play in my bracket, I don't know where it is, but I've been getting some really good teammates... that said, I play singed and intiating and keeping my old poison buddy teemo alive is my primary job. Try getting a good parnter to que with you, preferably a tank that can help harrass and you will be golden.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

in my tier, teemo is considered weak. he's useful for skirmishes but underpowered in ganks.

leonhart83

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
in my tier, teemo is considered weak. he's useful for skirmishes but underpowered in ganks.
Is Teemo really considered weak? I have found since moving from Jax that I get around half the amount of kills but overall I feel as though Teemo is the more flexible and consistent.

I would consider Teemo pretty high up in the list of champs maybe not with the likes of TF,Twitch, Annie & Yi but I thought Teemo would be just under where I consider, Blitzcrank, Anivia & Fiddlesticks to be.

I have no idea which tier I would be but I am level 20, have played about 100 games and I am battling back to a ratio of 50-50 at the moment after a shocking start.

I know that Teemo isn't the killing machine but I have got 19/2/12 one game and I usually average around 8-12/2-5/12-15 per game.

CTHDRL

01-06-2010

Bloodrazor on teemo is just wonderful.

I will often get this before IE if I see a team is going to start stacking health, or has a troublesome Mundo.

Followed by last whisper.

And then I.E./Black Cleaver.

Teemo stands where he pleases, not even Mundo can stand where Teemo pleases to stand, because Teemo pleases to be invisible with Bloodrazor NOMNOMNOM

Vermifax

01-06-2010

Teemo is not week in any elo. He is good in ganks as a dps'er and for the blind, and once he has phage/frozen for the slow. Teemo is the anti-carry-semi-carry.

if you're team is not being communicative, place shrooms all over the map, get boots of mobility, and try and be the one to save their stupid rear's. Don't go AP teemo, late game he's not so good. DPS teemo is awesome late game.

I find it often better to get 1 or 2 in blind then maxing move quick before blind. Your blind damage isn't generally going to be your killer, it will be your +dmg and +as. Getting where you need to be on the map is much more useful.

Also I take exhaust + cleanse. Exhaust for the additional blind.

GNOY

01-06-2010

Dont get vampiric as first item. Never (except for maybe Warwick, and maybe Udyr). You will come closer to top ELO bracket when you actully realize that Dorans>lifesteal, dmg > AS, catalyst>philo stone, etc.

Empyron

01-06-2010

Sounds like you were in my game last night. Almost the same build and I was owning people on the map... but the rest of my team ran away or didn't push with me. As a result, I got ganked most of the time (usually taking 1 or 2 with me though) but then the rest of their team pushed the noobs on my team and owned their sauce. We had the game won and ended up losing due to lack of balls on their part.

MatZilla

01-06-2010

Hi, your build is too late game oriented, nothing early. scepter is not hot on low dmg early teemo. start with poison and D shield (regen, dont forget) to lane control- then you can choose diff summoner spell than heal. get the base boots and malady, then the other stuff. starting with the full merc treads is way too slow/costly.

Next you're building last whisper, but you don't have any extra damage to speed up.. sooo that's my thoughts on your build, as you asked.