"Pure" Rune Books

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

poepli

01-08-2010

pure crit dmg runes gives you +50% crit dmg.
sounds very nice, but it costs more than 25.000 ip....^^

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainthe View Post
Be careful when you use "scaling" Runes. The best way to compare these runes is compare the scaling rune versus the fixed rune
Right. There's good reason I said flat or scaling; for T3 Glyphs of MR the crosspoint is 11.

You can argue going with flat +MR will help with early game, and you can argue that going with scaling will give you that extra 5-6 MR endgame. Personally, I ended up buying all scaling before I did the comparison. Even so, I'm not sure which I prefer. Level 11 is a very late scalar, but MR is one of those few things that the more I can get of it without items, the better.

FalcoLombardi

01-09-2010

it seems to me that crit dmg runes provide by far the best scaling of any other rune system. Provided you are a carry, i don't see why you would go for something else.

Brontobeuf

01-09-2010

Beacuse you may want your runes to help you for the early game, and crit dmg runes won't help you there. If you stack avarice blades you can have a use for them in mid game, yes, and if you survive mid game, you'll have the best runes in your book for the end game.
This is a risk in fact, you bet on the end game. If you face opponents that have a strong early game rune book, you may loose the game before your rune book is useful.

Saint Seraphiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2010

Armor penetration is actually 12 slots not 21.

1 01

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterk View Post
It all depends on your masteries, which are flexible, but I keep mine the same because I only play shaco/gangplank 9/10 times.

For Shaco you want to go 0/9/21, full t3 movespeed quints, full t3 mana in every slot.

You want to do deceive/shiv/shiv/deceive/shiv/hallucinate/shiv and so on, no jitb til 13. First item phil stone from health pendant, 2nd merc treads.
I could write a full guide on how well I play Shaco, and how easily I annihilate other jesters using a typical AP build, but why bother.

This post will get hate if it gets any attention at all, but its completely dominating. How do I make it so you can view my profile? I will stand behind my record.

I use ghost/flash as summoner spells.

Don't listen to this guy. He just doesn't want you to play a good Shaco. Mana runes.. LOL. If you ever run out of mana as Shaco early game, it means you got 4 kills in 3 minutes. Get full crit damage for a DPS build. Magic Pen/AP works best for AP Shaco. Move Speed Quints are your choice.

bobthegood

01-09-2010

Just to note: if you go full page of force runes you get about 80ap/18. If you have zonya's ring, that will translate into 100ap at level 18. Force runes are actually quite cheap and make for good late game casters.

I personally go magic pen for red runes for about 8.5 and force for the rest, giving me 68 at 18, which is probably better in the end.

Charmicarmicarmicat

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontobeuf View Post
Beacuse you may want your runes to help you for the early game, and crit dmg runes won't help you there. If you stack avarice blades you can have a use for them in mid game, yes, and if you survive mid game, you'll have the best runes in your book for the end game.
This is a risk in fact, you bet on the end game. If you face opponents that have a strong early game rune book, you may loose the game before your rune book is useful.
A lot of people could learn something from this post.

Remember how often games are decided early on.

It's not a coinsidence.

As for scaling or flat, it really depends on where they crossover - there is ofcourse a limit to the use of flat runes, not everything is decided within 10 minutes, but generally i use flat if they cross over at lvl 8 or more.

Raiku

01-26-2010

Can someone confirm my calculations?

I am now seeing that full:

Crit Dmg is: 45%
Armor (Scalable with Quint): 58.79
Armor (Scalable with No Quint): 47.18
Armor (Flat with No Quint): 27.18
Attack Speed: 38.1
Ability Power (Flat): 34.1
Ability Power (Scalable)- 4.62 (@ level 1) : 83.16 (@ Level 18)

Shakra

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
A lot of people could learn something from this post.

Remember how often games are decided early on.

It's not a coinsidence.

As for scaling or flat, it really depends on where they crossover - there is ofcourse a limit to the use of flat runes, not everything is decided within 10 minutes, but generally i use flat if they cross over at lvl 8 or more.
the man is right unless you play shaco ^^, with shaco it improves his early game, his mid game And his endgame