Foolproof Guide to Caitlyn - unbeatable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineapplePine View Post
Bumped!!

I'm almost there, only a few hundred more IP and I can do it. Definitely doing it!!!

I rather have no Caitlyn than a bad Caitlyn on my team even if there is a chance for a good Caitlyn. The probably of a good one is too low. =P
Or given everyone that wanted to test her out, has tested her out, decided she sucks, and gone back to their mains...you can probably save your IP.

Dooks Jeois

01-11-2011

seriously though, is there's no returning champions? this champ was falsely advertised as not completely useless. I really would like to return her.

It's not unreasonable given the fact that there are enough champs already like her, but not quite. However, those champs actually don't make the team weaker and don't cost nearly as much. I figure the more I pay, the better quality champion I'm going to get, right? I'm half kidding. I don't really care; I know they're not going to return the RP or funds. lol.

now, I can't even afford the bundles hahah jk I could always put in more.

Ñightmares

01-11-2011

Just played MF today. Wow caitlyn has nothing on her. The only point of playing caitlyn would be her ulti, and it's useless.

ZehNetoBR

01-11-2011

Question: just how many of you have actually PLAYED Caitlyn?

I got her and no regrets so far. I often get very tasty KDRs, taking turrets down and whatsoever.

Problem is, some people tend to think Cait and MF are alike, which is just wrong in more ways than I can explain. MF pushes way better than Cait (which is only logical. We're talking about 2 friggin' pistols VS a SNIPER rifle! Which one is supposed to hit faster?), but Cait is more effective on teamfights (at least from my POV), since she can both attack and defend, unlike MF, who most of the time can't do that without overexposure to danger. And I also used to play MF quite often, so I know what I'm saying.

So yes, Cait is a very interesting champ. Sadly, she can't win a game alone, but then most of the champs can't. Nonetheless, she's a great champ to handle, for a few good reasons:

First: her Q skill. It's great for early game harassing and also farming. It goes through minions and can hit lots of targets with it, which helps pushing. Also, you can use it for some tense harassing, as long as you know a thing or two about skillshots.

Second: her E skill. Not only it helps a lot on teamfights, but it's also a great escape mechanism: I lost the count of how many times I saved myself (and/or my team) because of a well-timed, well-placed E.

Third: her passive. It does wonders early game and even later, when facing squishies. Learn how to time well your attacks and you'll be reaping through your targets' sorry lives more easily than you could ever believe. Normal attack with passive on + Q + R = gg. Btw, this brings us to our last, but not less important reason...

Fourth: Her ult. As long as you actually know what you're doing, you can kill that runaway or that key enemy champ that is outside of the teamfight, recovering and getting ready for the comeback. Sometimes (not often, though), I use it even when I know my enemy is not going to die, as long as I'm sure that this will make my target back off, leaving his/her partner alone...or sometimes even leaving the lane open for me and my partner to take that turret!

As for her W (the trap skill), it's also useful, of course...it just needs some improvements. If only they were invisible...or, at least, if you could place a few more (I mean come on, Teemo has those pesking shrooms spread all over the map!), it would be perfect. But still, it has some very good uses, like punishing someone who's trying to ambush your team while you're baroning, doing some lane control and so on...it even helps on teamfights! When in the middle of a fierce teamfight, the last thing they're gonna pay attention at is if there's a cupcake on the floor. I already saved peeps a few times that way.

So yes, I'm glad I purchased Caitlyn and I'll definitely keep making good use of her.

The more people hate her, the more chances I'll have to use her and have one hell of a show

Tvor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-11-2011

She is a bad chaser, Q has range but CHANNELING, pretty much let people run further. Same go with E.

Her natural range and Q are sololy good at poking and harass. Bring nothing to late game or teamfight

Ult has too many unintended counters. Her traps should reveal target on map like other traps and provide small visual.

Half hp MF will destory full hp cait because of self buff on atk speed n movment, non channeling skills and simply better AOE.

Best thing about her right now and she is a good bait as she is known to be weak. Set trap, lure rusher, E backward and let your partners do the job and use cait as a walking target.

ZestyJesty

01-11-2011

I've had much success with a mass attack speed build, starting with zerkers into a wits end, then grabbing either a cleaver, starks, or Madreds Bloodrazor depending on enemy team comp.

I've been using movespeed quints, Apen marks, and atkspd seals and glyphs. Summoner spells are always flash and ghost, she tends to be the primary target for ganks regardless of whether or not you solo mid or are in a dual lane. They also help with repositioning in a team fight.

I've been playing her a lot like i would tristana, her e is almost as good at escaping ganks as trist's jump is, and her auto-attack range is similar. Instead of massing damage like i would on trist to take advantage of her Q, i mass attack speed on Cait to take advantage of her passive.

ZehNetoBR

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvor View Post
She is a bad chaser, Q has range but CHANNELING, pretty much let people run further. Same go with E.

Her natural range and Q are sololy good at poking and harass. Bring nothing to late game or teamfight

Ult has too many unintended counters. Her traps should reveal target on map like other traps and provide small visual.

Half hp MF will destory full hp cait because of self buff on atk speed n movment, non channeling skills and simply better AOE.

Best thing about her right now and she is a good bait as she is known to be weak. Set trap, lure rusher, E backward and let your partners do the job and use cait as a walking target.
First of all...chaser? You're a sniper! You kill people from a long distance! Why would you need to chase? :P

Besides, her only skill that has channeling is her ult. This is something I can assure. You might say that her Q and E start slower (although I don't agree with it, but, still, would make sense), but they are definitely NOT channeled.

As for her ult...the only way you'll get an obstacle is if another enemy hero jumps in front of it. As a constant Cait player, I have to say that ONCE (and only ONCE) I had an enemy champ jumping in front of the shot. Maybe because most of the time I use her ult is during a teamfight (so they're too busy to take the shot) or when there's no one else near enough to do so.

EDIT: Forgot to mention something...I've already solo laned mid against MF and, while she has a natural advantage on pushing, I had no difficulties on killing her, since my ult is way more effective than hers (since it's way easier to escape from Bullet Time's cone-shaped attack than from Caitlyn's homing shot, not to mention MF's Q requires another target in order to reach its full potential).