Foolproof Guide to Caitlyn - unbeatable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaded Response

01-07-2011

Phase 1: Buy Caitlyn
Phase 2: Select her immediately at champion selection
Phase 3: Set up runes and masteries for the champ you actually want to play
Phase 4: At the last second select champion of choice

Congrats you have now stopped anyone on your team from picking her and being useless. Proceed to win.

└zza

01-07-2011

Actually going to spend 10$ on her to do this.

Skylead

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-07-2011

Even when I see good players with her she is at best unremarkable, most of the time she is straight useless and makes a 4v5 and then there are the feeders...

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylead View Post
Even when I see good players with her she is at best unremarkable, most of the time she is straight useless and makes a 4v5 and then there are the feeders...
She's fun, but yes this is mostly accurate.

Though I did finish a game where I killed an enemy Tryn because he couldn't resist spinning into a tasty cupcake at 20 HP.

MauxFire

01-07-2011

If the player uses her properly she has a really strong early game that can snow ball. Lots of people are not able to pull it off thought. She also farms like a mad woman and can get her items pretty quick.

Fluffy1

01-07-2011

the AD build seems pretty terrible, although the ult does apply on hit affects. trolling with 5x tiamat would surely stop people wanting to intercept that bullet :P

on a more serious note i wouldnt mind testing if an AP hybrid build with gunblade, last whisper and lichbane would work.

X Widow Maker X

01-07-2011

after 15 games with her i am strongly opposed to any builds focused solely on her ultimate. Its a bad ultimate with a 82 second cooldown, why are we trying to get items for it. 80% of the time it never hits its intended target

Availer

01-07-2011

ive tried zerk boots + 2 zeals immediatly + IE + u^grade phantoms works great

gives needed AS and MS early game (around 1.3/1.5AS and 450 MS) then the IE works well when you upgrade phantom you got about 80% crit chance

Although she isn't great, this build ive found to be the most effective on her

also sumonner spells : teleport+ clairvoyance

godhunter1053

01-07-2011

From what I've seen of cait, I think she's going to end up being played like a jungle version of heimer (I do not mean she should jungle). She can trap the small entrances to the jungle very well, then come out and harass or threaten with her q fairly effectively. If someone tries to chase her, she can plant a trap and move back to her team. She has a good zoning early game, though I'm not sure how dangerous her damage early really is yet. My bet is she'll become one of those champs that you don't find difficult to face, so much as really annoying, and shockingly scary in the hands of people who really learn how to play her (much like heimer).

JRizzle81

01-07-2011

She is a great harass early on and unless you have a champ with a similar range she will probably make you blue pill before you can make her do the same. Here Piltovershot can really take down some minion waves and do about 100 damage on squishies even after going threw the minion wave. Its not terrible hard to dodge, but you have to relearn a little strategy. The one champ that really destroys her mid though is Anivia. With a similar range and stun/burst, Cait has little chance. Anyways... she has her uses and in the hands of a good player she can be a terribly annoying harass that turns into a decently damaging auto attack champ. Basically... she is Ashe without the awesomeness of Ashe's ult.