Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to build Garen now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vishibus

01-07-2011

Sunfire's + AD items?

Doriantv

01-07-2011

Play Singed instead and do something for your team. You're worse in laning, but wayyyy better in everything else. I was an avid Garen player as well since before the nerfs, I know how you feel.

To answer your question, yes, build Sunfire, Ghostblade, IE, Atma's, etc.

rEkcAh

01-07-2011

i do not go ad items, i play him as a tank. His ad ratio is ****. I might get a last whisper but thats only just for a bit more damage.

I go merc treads, sunfire, FoN/Thornmail, GA, Frozen mallet, Last whisper/ mr or ar item.

I pwnz u now

01-07-2011

Ugh. Listen to Rocketball and play Singed. Garen is **** nowadays. You're just an ult bot. At least playing aggressive payed off before in early levels. Now you spin and do nothing. Woo.

Also, Singed worse in laning? Youmad?

ForeverLaxx

01-07-2011

Quote:
I pwnz u now:
Ugh. Listen to Rocketball and play Singed. Garen is **** nowadays. You're just an ult bot. At least playing aggressive payed off before in early levels. Now you spin and do nothing. Woo.

Also, Singed worse in laning? Youmad?

Garen has always been an ult-bot. The one thing he had was a powerful early game, and he was the least capable character in the game who could take full advantage of it because he has no lategame.

Karathrow

01-07-2011

Merc Treads
Yoomus
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet (or sunfire and red buff or all 3)
Cleaver
Thirster or starks or whatever.

Although at that point assuming 15 armor pen from marks, 20 from yoomus and 45 reduction from cleaver you have squishies down 80 armor. They probably barely have that much so the 20 reduction from starks is probably not that helpful. Thirster or something else would probably be better.

Trillo

01-07-2011

Quote:
Karathrow:
Merc Treads
Yoomus
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet (or sunfire and red buff or all 3)
Cleaver
Thirster or starks or whatever.

Although at that point assuming 15 armor pen from marks, 20 from yoomus and 45 reduction from cleaver you have squishies down 80 armor. They probably barely have that much so the 20 reduction from starks is probably not that helpful. Thirster or something else would probably be better.

You will get one silence/spin combo off, and then go down fast. The problem is his scaling with judgement is still too low to cause any significant damage. I've even tried going the CDR route and silencing/spinning more. You do even less damage and they just shrug you off...

Cenerae

01-07-2011

I've had decent sucess by using the atmogs build (that being, warmogs first item, then atma's afterward). After that you go for ghostblade, IE and so on and so forth. My manaless runepage has armor and MR in it, combining that with the armor and MR from Courage and the MR from merc treads, and I have a pretty tough champion without investing further in defence stats.

The scaling on the spin isn't that great, unless you can hit multiple people with it. Which you should be doing. You pretty much need to make yourself be a threat by getting enough damage that you can autoattack down a squishy after you're done spinning. Pure tank route won't net any sucess now.

Quizard Raderack

01-07-2011

So in the 3 months i was away from lol,they nerfed garen to ground?
Or he was nerfed way below ground level..i mean he is now nothing(like heirm)?
In 3x3 he can be played with some sucess? In witch role? ad or tank?

Zcypot

01-07-2011

I play my Garen with Sunfire, Spirit visage, Force of Nature, by then we usually win...