Viable Mundo Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solasce

01-06-2010

I played mundo for a very long time as the wrecking ball of doom.

1. Warmogs
2. Mercury Treads
3. Sunfire Cape
4. Sunfire Cape
5. Sunfire Cape
6. Atma's Impaler (honestly you never really get this far)

Or... if they have more than 1 significant magic dps go Force of Nature for the resist and speed

The synergy here that I'm sure lots of you know already is mercury treads + burning agony means about 15% CC duration (unless I'm mistaken or it's been patched). So basically in team fights you are the initiater. You run in with your 4k+ health and maelstrom going doing nearly 200 dps to EVERYTHING around you. The key is to keep moving, make them chase (so they aren't auto attacking much), try to draw the other team's CC's out on you and maybe the players themselves. If they are being conservative you can still do some major aoe and get out alive.

The build is incredible for pushing because you drop creep waves in about 3 seconds (the farming isn't too bad either). I consistently hit 3k+ health by level 13 at which point you really can't be ganked unless you're retarted or they're fed.

Bottom line is, unlike many mundo builds your late game sustained AoE damage and ridiculous health and armor make you a force they have to deal with. If the rest of your team knows to play off of that mundo can be one of the most formidable tanks in the game.

MOONDO

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solasce View Post
I played mundo for a very long time as the wrecking ball of doom.

1. Warmogs
2. Mercury Treads
3. Sunfire Cape
4. Sunfire Cape
5. Sunfire Cape
6. Atma's Impaler (honestly you never really get this far)

Or... if they have more than 1 significant magic dps go Force of Nature for the resist and speed

The synergy here that I'm sure lots of you know already is mercury treads + burning agony means about 15% CC duration (unless I'm mistaken or it's been patched). So basically in team fights you are the initiater. You run in with your 4k+ health and maelstrom going doing nearly 200 dps to EVERYTHING around you. The key is to keep moving, make them chase (so they aren't auto attacking much), try to draw the other team's CC's out on you and maybe the players themselves. If they are being conservative you can still do some major aoe and get out alive.

The build is incredible for pushing because you drop creep waves in about 3 seconds (the farming isn't too bad either). I consistently hit 3k+ health by level 13 at which point you really can't be ganked unless you're retarted or they're fed.

Bottom line is, unlike many mundo builds your late game sustained AoE damage and ridiculous health and armor make you a force they have to deal with. If the rest of your team knows to play off of that mundo can be one of the most formidable tanks in the game.

very interesting build. I'll try this for sure, with some negatron cloaks as needed.

TokinPrez

01-06-2010

I normally go for the standard build...

Dorans - Warmogs - Starks - Atmas

I have been experimenting though and found this worked rather well...

Dorans
Executioners Calling
Last Whisper
Warmogs
Atmas
Infinity Edge

Long game as you can see but by the end of it I had well over 3k HP, was getting crits from 700 - 1k+. Aside from their Yi (close but couldnt do it) and their Ashe (exec calling, i still beat her but close) I easily dominated the rest of them.

My stats for that game were ehhh 8-15-17 but I did my job and I tanked and I took the heat so my carries could finish them off. The kicker was Executioners Calling which hurts Mundo a lot. I look forward to the new (forgot name) that will add a large bonus to mundos heal effects, it will make him a BEAST and force people to get exec calling which will be less potent as well.

Anyways goodluck, Mundo is a lot of fun, all he needs a bit of group utility...oh and cleavers should add poison dot...he infects them with filth...i mean...come on now!