Viable Mundo Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bl4ck0ut13

01-05-2010

So i usually build him like a tank starting wtih warmongs then start going into more armor and health items but i have heard of other Mundo builds. What are some viable Mundo builds?

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

most people I see running mundo at my elo buy Doran's Shield first, and a HP pot. They follow with boots(sometimes ninja tabi) a ruby crystal and eventually warmogs.

he is pretty versatile after that. Cooldown reduction works nicely on him as well

Mpalm

01-05-2010

I normally get Doran's shield, Warmog's, Stark's and Atma's.

Then I go where I please.

I'm trying to work on a more DPS heavy build but haven't determined the best course of action for it.

IPlaySoraka

01-05-2010

Anybody try sunfires on him with burning agony for the lols?

He farms pretty amazingly even without a single dps item so getting the capes wouldn't be much of an issue.

Tikor

01-05-2010

I've had great success with doran's -> swiftness -> starks (attack speed first)

I've heard rumors of ruby -> boots -> phage -> mallet, have yet to really eat people with it, though. You need a carry following you around.

Clearly, Warmogs is viable.

Really, anything past the first 3-4k is situational. Try and nail that down pretty well.

Loch

01-05-2010

I always try to split between defense and dps with mundo. Going straight tank tends to mean he's totally ignored in team battles as he won't have any notable damage output. Going straight dps tends to leave him too squishy for my taste. If I wanted straight DPS I'd play someone else.

I typically do merc treads or ninja tabi followed by warmog's, stark's, and atma's. Guardian angel, last whisper, phantom dancer, force of nature, and frozen mallet are possible follow ups. Obviously I tend towards IAS, since I feel like it works well with masochism, but I've not done the number crunching needed to tell you if it's actually the best choice. I also should note I find myself using frozen mallet less and less often these days... I used to love it, but now I tend to feel it's not so hot. Between sadism, cleaver, and teammates I'm usually set on chasing and there are other items that can make a huge difference.

TeeNaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

my advice to you as i have played mundo for a long long time and written guides on him is do not play him as a tank.

now the noobs will jump on me for this but here me out

the things that make a tank good is there ability to draw dammage to themselves. unfortunantly mundo has no skills to make people focus on him. he is not like all other tanks for he laks a stun. has no good aoe dammage. and he can excape to easily so people dont focus on him.

for that reason i would look for some guidse that dont go tanking builds but infact go dammage or attack speed builds.

zbugg

Recruiter

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl4ck0ut13 View Post
So i usually build him like a tank starting wtih warmongs then start going into more armor and health items but i have heard of other Mundo builds. What are some viable Mundo builds?

1)
Mundo tank:

items i suggest:
(mobility is viable for mundo)

1) Boots of speed + hp potion ( it costs less than doran shield, giving u more potions, being able to stay in field until lvl 6 so u can get sadism and u no longer need potions)
2) boots of swiftness from boots of speed(great for chasing or running away)
3) warmogs
4) ice mallet
5) atama
6) Soul Shroud or zeal---then--->phantom dancer

2)
Mundo Builds:

(mundo tank is probably one of the best builds...... dps mundo is awful because he's sadism is worthless and his masochism isnt that good cause u alaways have to stay high hp in order to survive....or u can build a -%cooldown mundo

cooldown mundo:

1) boots of speed + hp potions
2) boots of swiftness from boots of speed
3) Soul Shroud (580 hp and -15%cd aura)
4) stinger ( -10% cd and +20% attack speed)
5) stinger into Nashor's Tooth ( -20% cd + 30% attack speed)
6) warmogs

gives you a total of arrund 35% cd....+ mastery points u can reach cap of 40% :P

i sugest cooldown mundo in games were u get feeded alot..else ull spend alot of time with low hp..making ur mundo an easy target...in the same time, u have fast spamable Infected Cleave

Erli

Recruiter

01-06-2010

um...there's a hard cooldown cap of -40% cooldown reduction.....otherwise things would be crazzzzzzyyyyyy....so yeah don't follow that cooldown build at all

edino

01-06-2010

i usally go pendant first 14hp reg per 5, then i get boot of swiftness, after that i start building the slowing mace that gives 700hp or warmong. By now its usally over, but if its not i usally get another warmong and a atmas inpaler. Then at the end i get a dps item. Infinites edge or something like taht

Everytime i have played mundo i have gotten 2-3 kills before level 6 so count that into the build