Range on Rammus Taunt seems too small

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sideout

01-05-2010

You literally have to be standing on top of them to hit them with it. 9 times out of 10 by the time you powerball into someone and hit taunt they are already out of range, perhaps due to the little bump that powerball provides. Maybe think about taking the bump out of powerball or upping the range on taunt to account for it.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

you arent doing it right, keep practicing and youll see its best the way it is

Bombad

01-05-2010

I never had such problems :s

When you're gonna hit somebody with powerball, keep right clicking towards his direction to move right after the impact. Since powerball slows for a couple of seconds, you can easily get close enough to taunt him right after.

sideout

01-05-2010

Care to enlighten me on the right way? How do you keep them in range for a powerball + taunt combo?

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

well seeing as how you have to make contact with powerball just slide your finger to taunt as soon as you hit, if you are by some chance out of range move up while they are slowed.

on another note powerball knocks up multiple targets so taking that away for the sake of a longer range single target cc would be a huge nerf.

mrtspence

01-05-2010

Just use the hotkey--it's essential to use them at higher ELO's anyways. I can easily land a powerball, go into defensive curl, and then taunt someone before they are out of range.

sideout

01-05-2010

Ok, some were under the impression that I was mousing. Nope I'm hotkeys all the way. I guess the main reason it fails for me is that the hitbox is so big with powerball that as long as it's the champ I hit directly I'm ok, but if I even graze the outside of a minion it's enough for them to get away (even though it snares).

So many champs have run speed boosts that the snare is no guarantee that they're in range long enough to taunt, unless I'm right on top of them.

mrtspence

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout View Post
Ok, some were under the impression that I was mousing. Nope I'm hotkeys all the way. I guess the main reason it fails for me is that the hitbox is so big with powerball that as long as it's the champ I hit directly I'm ok, but if I even graze the outside of a minion it's enough for them to get away (even though it snares).

So many champs have run speed boosts that the snare is no guarantee that they're in range long enough to taunt, unless I'm right on top of them.
Ya, I could see that being a problem if you haven't optimized much yet.

For both Rammus and Singed, you absolutely NEED the movespeed Quints and the movespeed masteries to be effective. The boots of Swiftness are also really important. This also applies to any character that relies on being in-close to deal damage and be effective (these two are just at the top of my head)

ThePlumber

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtspence View Post
Ya, I could see that being a problem if you haven't optimized much yet.

For both Rammus and Singed, you absolutely NEED the movespeed Quints and the movespeed masteries to be effective. The boots of Swiftness are also really important. This also applies to any character that relies on being in-close to deal damage and be effective (these two are just at the top of my head)
If you are going to be the tank, you need hp quints. Rammus is my main and I do not miss taunts at all. I fail to see how you are missing them. As soon as you hit them, taunt them. Maybe you just need to be faster or something.

AsherZaine

01-06-2010

Taunt is the only reason Rammus scores anything at all. Taunt plus curl plus tremmors usally does them in and if they escape powerball taunt again. I dont think the range is to short you just need practice when you see them comming in move in also. Of course if your playing against a good ranged dont count on it unless you powerball to them if thats what your talking about.