Karthas - Sad Face. All my kills are suicides.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leslie

01-05-2010

Needs some sort of buff. I think his alt and util are fine, but his bombs barely scratch anything, especially late game. I can sit there with full health and mana and not kill someone who has a 4th health, they will kill me. Its ridiculous. All i should do is sit in town and wait for a good moment to use my alt...

Randomguy360

01-05-2010

uh, you're doing it wrong...

Kthuuluu

01-05-2010

You are doing it way wrong, karthus is a super strong 1v1 hero, and in team battles he is a monster (Defile + wall + bombs = scared people desperately trying to escape\blue pill before you call down the orbital lasers)

Maysin

01-05-2010

While I agree he needs a bit of a buff, he is in no way a ****py champion. His Lay Waste ability can harass the living hell out of anyone not hugging minions, and even then they're gonna take quite a bit of pain. In fact, if you put a good Karthus in solo lane against the enemy carry, he will more than likely force the enemy to get little to no last hits and barely any XP. Granted, late game he can be a little less hurtful, but Magic Penetration and now Ragefire can dish out quite a bit of hurt with him. Myself playing Karthus, I've had moments where I take off large chunks of life in the matter of 3 seconds with Lay Waste alone.

NoOtherDestiny

01-05-2010

Karthus is meant to use a combination of Defile + Wall + Lay Waste. You start running them down while spamming Lay Waste, if they start getting away put down a wall and continue. The Lay Waste does pretty good damage if you can spam it accurately and have plenty of AP.

boris37

01-05-2010

Try an hp/armor build. That's what my friend does, rod of ages, rylai's and a few others and you can pwn it up.

Karthus is built for chasing. You wall, catch up to them, pop your aoe and keep nuking them. If by some chance they get away you use your ult and they die.

Karthas is a very aggresive hero if well played. His waste does double damage on single hit so it's hardly weak endgame, doing like 400+ a hit and it costs virtually no mp...

He has hardly any disables, i agree, but that's not where he excels.

My buddy plays him and only him and even when he loses he usually comes out with positive scores.

Cpspindel

01-05-2010

I find Karthus easily one of the ****tiest heroes in the entire game. His nuke is terrible- it is almost good against a single target, but not quite there. He's so incredibly lackluster that I can barely believe it. He provides no CC, no burst, no real damage except for his AoE drain which is his only redeeming ability. His ultimate is okay, but frankly, the fact that he has to channels it makes it a lot worse than it could be.

His only good ability is the wall that he can put up, which does a lot of things at the same time and is fantastic. That's the only good thing about him I dare say.

If you'll excuse me, I'll make parallels to the dotaheroes he's copying- zeus ultimate is instant, and can be used in the middle of teambattles and chase down. Zeus is also an amazing nuker, dishing out some of the best magical damage ever, which helps him plenty. He's also like leshrac with his AoE- but leshrac had two AoE spells around him, and no surprise there, since if you're going to be close to the enemy team you better kill them off quickly as hell or die trying.

I don't know what sort of role he fulfills, and I imagine the vague idea behind him was that he would harass and lasthit in his lane with his nuke- but lets face it, that nuke becomes completely worthless outside of lanes and even in lanes, some decent lasthitting and harassing will do the same job.

Leslie

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpspindel View Post
I find Karthus easily one of the ****tiest heroes in the entire game. His nuke is terrible- it is almost good against a single target, but not quite there. He's so incredibly lackluster that I can barely believe it. He provides no CC, no burst, no real damage except for his AoE drain which is his only redeeming ability. His ultimate is okay, but frankly, the fact that he has to channels it makes it a lot worse than it could be.

His only good ability is the wall that he can put up, which does a lot of things at the same time and is fantastic. That's the only good thing about him I dare say.

If you'll excuse me, I'll make parallels to the dotaheroes he's copying- zeus ultimate is instant, and can be used in the middle of teambattles and chase down. Zeus is also an amazing nuker, dishing out some of the best magical damage ever, which helps him plenty. He's also like leshrac with his AoE- but leshrac had two AoE spells around him, and no surprise there, since if you're going to be close to the enemy team you better kill them off quickly as hell or die trying.

I don't know what sort of role he fulfills, and I imagine the vague idea behind him was that he would harass and lasthit in his lane with his nuke- but lets face it, that nuke becomes completely worthless outside of lanes and even in lanes, some decent lasthitting and harassing will do the same job.

I agree, also take in account for how expensive he is, he should be a little better. We should want to have him on our teams. People leavce pugs as soon as they see im playing Karthas.

g lo

01-06-2010

He's expensive so noobs don't buy him. If you're noob and you bought him and suck with him, sorry, but they tried to prevent that. His lay waste i would argue is his best ability, wall is super useful but i dont bother with it cus defile and laywaste are way too good not to put mor epoints into. His ult is also awesome as is, and i would find it imba if it wasn't channeled and counterable.

If you play him right you can take out entire teams. Define + Wall + Lay waste spam into a bunch of them, die, continue to Defile, lay waste, then Ult, hello Triple/Quad Kill. Sure your dead, but it's so satisfying. Plus no one gets bonus gold from finishing your spree as you got it after you died.

Randomguy360

01-06-2010

lay waste does amazing amounts of damage, especially early game, with ghost and exhaust, you are all but certain to get first blood and farm your lane after that *IF* you know how to play him.