AD quints/ArPen Reds or AD reds/ArPen Quints?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LyraOrpheo

09-08-2011

I have question and hope someone can help me with this rune setup. Which option offers better damage output, to have Attack Damage quints and Armor Pen Reds or to have Armor Penetration quints and Attack Damage reds? If it helps the context, its for a champion that obviously would benefit from physical damage, like Garen or Pantheon.

Comparing:

9 Armor Penetration Marks = 15 Armor Penetration
3 Attack Damage Quintessences = 7 Attack Damage

If we add +3 AD and +6 armor penetration from offense tree you have: 21 Armor Penetration and +10 attack damage at Lv1 (20 attack damage if we add in a Doran's Blade)

9 Attack Damage Marks = 9 attack damage
3 Armor Penetration Quintessences = 10 Armor Penetration

If we add +3 AD and +6 armor penetration from offense tree you have: 16 Armor Penetration and +12 attack damage at Lv1 (22 attack damage if we add in a Doran's Blade)

What I'd like to know is, which setup is better? the one with +5 more armor pen or the one with +2 attack damage? is there a mix out of those 4 different runes out there that would turn out to be more efficient?

TL Frolo

09-08-2011

generally arpen quints because you can get flat AD easier through items

Zyren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2011

Armor Pen Marks with AD Quints

Here's why:

1 Armor Penetration Mark gives you 1.66 ArP
1 Armor Penetration Quint gives you 3.33 ArP
1 Armor Pen Quint is = to ~ 2 Armor Pen Marks

Meanwhile...

1 Flat AD Mark gives you .95 AD
1 Flat AD Quint gives you 2.25 AD
1 Flat AD Quint is = to ~ 2.4 Flat AD Marks

Therefore, the better combination of the two you've presented is clearly the one that uses Armor Pen Marks with Flat AD Quints.