Teemo's Ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoOtherDestiny

01-05-2010

@ g lo - Going AP is the only way to make shrooms more useful then an occasional slow, but that nerfs your damage when directly attacking champions. A damage/attack speed/crit build Teemo does much more direct damage.

Getting forced to only use your Ult to place shrooms in brush means that the enemy will be careful of this to and it effectively nerfs his Ult quite badly. To me the shrooms are much like Shaco's boxes, they don't do anything until someone gets close, they do damage and slow the enemy for a short period. Shaco's boxes can do like 500 damage each and they are spammable, stealthed to but are a standard skill not an ultimate. I think he needs some chanegs like a new Ult.

aanallein

01-05-2010

keep playing him and you'll figure it all out. even against oracles or wards you can still be very effective. teemo is kind of a difficult character to play though and i have found that if the game goes badly there is very little chance of recovery

g lo

01-05-2010

@noother shacos boxes last only 90 seconds, you can really only set them up for one instance, if you bait someone into them, great, if not, that was a waste of your time/mana, teemo's shrooms last 10 minutes, by 20 mins in the game, i usually have them all over the map, so i can prety much tell when the enemy is grouping up anywhere on the map

Also, so his ult is counterable, so is every other champs ult, boohoo, its called balance

GuiltyConscience

01-06-2010

I'm not QQing, I don't need to L2P, as i said, Teemo is my main, I've been playing him for over 200 games. I use him effectively and get the job done. But that doesn't change the fact that I believe that Noxious Trap lacks that Ult material quality.

Every champs ult counterable? I'd love to know the counter to Karthus' , kayle's, yi's, gangplank, twitch, etc. Let's be real, no other champs ultimate is so dependent on the other team. Every has an ult that works when they want it to, exactly how they want it too, no ifs no buts. Teemo's ult is only good as an anti-ganking/pro-ganking ward later in the game. How is that deserving of the R spot?

You must also remember that outside of shrooms, teemo's only other skill is blind dart, which only makes physical attacks miss, and doesn't effect skills and also has lackluster dmg unless you go AP build. Move quick is meh, and the poison is ok. The passive is useless also. Teemo is not some champ that has everything going for him. Sure, played well he can be a nightmare, but that is build and teamwork making him look good.

As i opened, I am not QQing. I just feel my favorite champ needs a little work done to him to make him more fun to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
I like inducing rage when the enemy gank team runs over my mushrooms >:3. Thus revealing them.
Likewise, but it's still sad that the only use and effect the ult has late game is ruining gank plans/helping them. TF's ult is even better at that imo.

IceDive

01-06-2010

You can see what happens anywhere on the map for the entire game if you place them correctly. Teemo's ultimate gives you map control, and that's worth a whole lot more than a little damage. I would say it's a really great ult.

Guidedkamikaze

01-06-2010

I wrote up an incredibly long post to reply but the forum ate it because apparently the formatting was broke leaving it as one giant wall of text.

Oracles hurts teemo significantly more then most people realize. Sure teemo can ward up the entire woods and give his team a decent amount of map awareness(although the sight range of the mushrooms are much smaller then people give them credit for.) he has to give up a LOT of time to do so. Time in this game = gold and xp and although oracles hurts at 400g it may cost teemo as much in time lost farming.

I would suggest reducing the cooldown and reducing the amount of shrooms he can have up 14cd 10 shrooms at a time for example, allowing him to get them down faster and be less impacted by oracles while still being countered by them.

My main gripe with teemo is not his ult, it's the fact he doesn't do much better then anyone else, has fewer abilities, a worthless passive and is a terrible carry. Make him more of an assassin or more of a carry or give him more utility or something, after 200 games with him I'd like to be capable of pulling a team to victory but in his current state he just can't.

Everyone always cries op in threads about teemo when he is mediocre at best. Guess what, no you can't 1v1 him in the woods as Yi after running into a mushroom... get over it.

Pen15Mightier

01-06-2010

I've never had a problem with Teemo's Ult being un-powerful. It's extremely good for what it does. It keeps an eye on places, it farms you massive amounts of gold from killing Creep Waves for relatively little mana cost.

I've used the behind the back placement to cut off lines of retreat. One of my favorites, is to set up at level 1, and camoflage between their two towers, then have your team double team a guy at lvl 1. When he goes to port from behind his first tower. You ambush him.

Camo IS however relatively lackluster beyond the first 10 minutes of the game. Shrooms are still solid, as a movement control / awareness tool for your team. You are usually the one baiting them through a shroom field while sticking some poison on their team. Once the team fight starts, they are usually softened up quite nicely, while you can manuever around the back and pick off their runners.

g lo

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyConscience View Post
Every champs ult counterable? I'd love to know the counter to Karthus' , kayle's, yi's, gangplank, twitch, etc.
karhtus - u have 3 seconds to heal, shield, etc, very counterable
yi - stun, run, also counterable
gangplank - walk out of it, u have a second before it bombards, also its random, u could sit in it and very well not get hit once
twitch - lol wow coming from teemo player im surprised u didnt realize u could BLIND him, stun fear works as well, attack him if ur dps is faster, he'll run, making him stop attacking, countering his ult (doesn't work if he's fed)

Quote:
You must also remember that outside of shrooms, teemo's only other skill is blind dart, which only makes physical attacks miss, and doesn't effect skills and also has lackluster dmg unless you go AP build. Move quick is meh, and the poison is ok. The passive is useless also. Teemo is not some champ that has everything going for him. Sure, played well he can be a nightmare, but that is build and teamwork making him look good.
move quick is awesome for chasing and running when used with blind, also good for quickly placing behind the back shrooms (only takes about 4 seconds to get a shroom behind him). Poison is devastating early game. Just hit em every now and then and they'll be low health from just a few timed hits.

Quote:
As i opened, I am not QQing. I just feel my favorite champ needs a little work done to him to make him more fun to play.
maybe you should try another champ for a while, mix it up, learn about other tactics, then come back to him and see him in a new light, you'll often learn new things and find new ways to play or improve your gameplay

Quote:
Likewise, but it's still sad that the only use and effect the ult has late game is ruining gank plans/helping them. TF's ult is even better at that imo.
He's "The Swift Scout". It's what he does, it's what he's expected to do. If you wanted to do somethign else, you shoulda picked a diff champion.

continue finding things to complain about, i will counter you all day

DamnPandaHands

01-06-2010

I have played every champ at least once, except I believe mundo(don't know why, maybe singed too.) It really helps when you know the grass isn't greener anywhere else. Try a few other champions and then return to him and see how much you enjoy your loving reunion.

Monad

01-06-2010

Quote:
Every champs ult counterable? I'd love to know the counter to Karthus' , kayle's, yi's, gangplank, twitch, etc. Let's be real, no other champs ultimate is so dependent on the other team. Every has an ult that works when they want it to, exactly how they want it too, no ifs no buts.
Yeah exept the nuke ults that get nullified with banshees. Or projectile ults that get avoided using flash. Lets not even talk about healing ults and executioners.