Teemo's Ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuiltyConscience

01-05-2010

I play teemo as a main, I play mostly mid in the games i play, but wing it quite a bit also. When soloing mid, as i'm harassing my counterpart with blind dart and my poison, i'm always keeping an eye on their lvl so that i know exactly when it's time to play conservatively and stay close to tower, that time being, when they get their ult.

Yes, when playing teemo I am always weary of my fellow laners ult, whether it be ashe, fiddle, annie, tristana, cho, yi or anyone really. Then it struck me as someone used an/a oracle/ward for the umpteenth time to avoid/shoot down every single shroom i placed after they fell victim to the shroom trap that caused that 1st death to my hands.

I realised that my ult is a load of ****.

It's easily countered by 400/150 gold, it's effectiveness is lowered by cheap boots, it takes a long time to set up an area so that the shrooms are effective as anti-gank/pro-gank wards, the damage doesn't stack so someone can run thru 4 of my shrooms to get to me and shake it off as they give me the final blow and all in all, my ult just doesn't worry anyone. It's mostly a nuisance to other players, "oops, tripped a teemo trap in the grass, i'll just pretend to walk away so in 2 secs he won't know if i'm back in the grass or not.... dmg? what dmg? my hp regen took care of that already"

Sure I love it when I'm laning, it's saved my bum quite alot, and get me a kill/assist every now and again (rarely) but it lacks the effect of an ult. I'd be more satisfied if they removed camouflage , put move quick as the passive, made the shroom the new W and gave teemo an ult that really made ppl go "oh crud, the teemo's lvl 6, I should care a little from now on"

Cause let's face it, mid to late game, the most shrooms do is maybe help your team get away from a bad gank if you had enough time to set down one for a getaway.

TL;DR

Teemo's ult sucks as a ult.
Too easily countered with ward/oracle.
Take's a long time to set up and isn't rewarding when someone runs through every single shroom you placed.
Only usefull early game when your laning, takes too much time to set up mid/late game to be useful.
Only a nuisance to opposing team members late game.

And yes I know I could go AP build to make the damage more threatening but if you were reading properly, you'd realize that it doesn't matter when ppl buy oracles and wards to counter the shrooms.

uzsibox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

lolololol

NoOtherDestiny

01-05-2010

I often enjoy messing around as an AP Teemo, where my shrooms do over 1k damage, that way they HURT!. Anyway, yes they are easily stopped by wards/elixer, rendering them useless. I think they should go off if anyone enters melee range of it, or if they are destroyed, that way it will at least hit melee people attacking them and blowing up on death could still hit something.

CaptainSoda

01-05-2010

They're fine the way they are. I hope you realize that said mushrooms are not affected by spells so melees have to run up to it and if they even move any closer then the range they are attacking it at, it will explode. In most cases Teemo should be putting lots of mushrooms in bushes where you'll probably walk into them before you realize.

DamnPandaHands

01-05-2010

yes, oracles can counter them, and every stealth character which relies on being stealth much more than your shrooms in the grass do lol. It also has a tiny cooldown for an ult with good damage, don't see where you are coming from.

GuiltyConscience

01-05-2010

I never denied that it doesn't do what it's suppose to do, my issue with it is the fact that it's not really ult material unless you go AP build and no one buys mercury treads. I'd rather they make it a normal skill and give teemo a proper ult, right now teemo's passive is useless once the game hits the ganking/teamfights stage, and move quick would make a better passive than toggle skill. The shrooms are ok, but compared to everyone else's ult, they just seem lackluster and easily countered. Nidalee even has a similar skill that's just as useful for seeing what the enemy is doing. Teemo either needs a direct damage ult or an ult that makes him actually live up to his anti-carry title.

Yes it's CD is good, but with mercury threads, that's -40% dmg + MR deduction, at late game, that's around 300dmg, barely a dent when you consider that even carries are hitting the 2k hp mark end game. So much for an ultimate.

Felix Akasaka

01-05-2010

Make it possible to throw shroom bombs. That'd be awesome =P
Yes, probably unbalanced.

MechaKitten

01-05-2010

Move quick would be kinda imba as a passive. Not that it wouldn't be nice... but I can imagine the complaints already.

Shrooms are pretty weak as an ultimate tho. But Teemo's already pretty good without it. Every Teemo I see just litters the sh** out of the map with them and... o well... that's about all they're useful for. And the occasional lucky slow so your team can kill someone.

g lo

01-05-2010

His shrooms are fine, don't stack them, make a path of spread shrooms so that they proc right after the poison ends on the previous one, put them in woods and they can't see them til it's too late, change lanes, not everyone is gona get ward/oracle to counter "weak" shrooms. They're not weak if AP, or if you place them spread enough, place them behind your enemies, walk fast is awesome for putting shrooms in enemy territory, watch them run low health just to get owned by a shroom. When playing teemo i'm rarely scared of ganks because if you drop shrooms constantly (yes i never let cooldown free for more than a second or 2) and 1 you'll know there coming and 2 they'll be low health. Also if they have a big minion wave you can end it easy with a well placed shroom and get mad money from it as well.

mainpoints-
1 - put them in woods so they cant pop them til after they walk over them
2 - switch up lanes, not everyone will get oracles
3 - put them in enemy territory to ruin oppenents get away
4 - use ult constantly
5 - also great for farming those large minion swarms that show up on left alone lanes

L2P, end the QQ

Dracorya

01-05-2010

I like inducing rage when the enemy gank team runs over my mushrooms >:3. Thus revealing them.