Nidalee Stats, and minor stratagems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
That's the other thing - why the depressing lack of Sheen?
Agreed sheen -> Triforce is just to insane on nidalee to pass up. Pounce on them to activate proc and them "q" for a ******edtown amount of damage.

I'm not a fan of AP nitalee, although I've seen some good ones. Her takedown scales so well with attack damage, that it's not funny.

Basilisk9466

01-07-2010

I have to say that Takedown isn't hugely clear as to the exact mechanics.

Quote:
Cougar: Nidalee's next attack deals an additional 40/70/100 damage (with up to a 200% multiplier the lower her opponent's life is).
Assume damage of 100. It's kind of hard to observe in practice, but does anyone know which of these is correct?

1. 100+(100*life multiplier)

This is what the text would seem to indicate.

2. (100+100)*life multiplier

Another, much more powerful possibility. Based on the damage it does in practice, this seems more likely.

But then you've got other considerations - Sheen and crits. Where do they come in? I assume crits only multiply base damage, but in case 2, does the crit bonus damage get multiplied by the life multiplier as well? Where does sheen fit in - simply another 100 damage on top of everything else, or does it get multiplied?

I would assume that it's on top, unmultiplied, as would be some equipment such as Bloodrazors.

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

I suppose the ability is a bit unclear, I was under the assumption that it used your attack damage. Hence, pouncing in to activate 150% bonus to your base dmg and then using takedown.

K J

01-08-2010

AP Nidalee is infinitely better than an AD one.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone up against a mirror Nidalee using AD and, no matter their build, completely whomped them every time we've come into contact. All the cougar abilities gain damage based on AP... not to mention the increased, heal, javalin damage, and trap damage from it.

I like to start off with Maki Pendant and two potions (usually one of each). After about 15 minutes of laning, I'll recall and buy some boots and, if I scored a kill or two, I'll build my Deathfire Grasp. After that I'll upgrade my boots - I tend to prefer mercury treads in most of my games - then go for sheen. At this point I'm completely unstoppable unless I get focused and chain-stunned. Next I'll grab a belt and work on Rylai's Scepter, followed by a completed Lich Bane. After that I'm godly, and just about anything will suffice.

Summoner spells = I always go with Clarity and Clairvoyance.

I tend to be extremely heavy on ability use early game, and Clarity is a must. Countless times I have either saved a life or scored a kill from that quick burst of mana. Clairvoyance was picked since nothing else stood out to me and it helps to have one on the team. Nidalee has no problem catching her prey, and she's quick enough to travel that you won't usually need flash/ghost/teleport.

My rune page is all +magic penetration for the reds, and 100% ability power per level for the rest.

For Masteries, I go 0/7/21 (not 30 yet). I prefer a little extra defense for the start, and nothing beats the utility tree for Nidalee. Extra regen, speed, experience, faster cooldowns. It's godly.

Gandalf 007

01-08-2010

I think another often-overlooked pro for AP > AD nidalee is how incredible effective javelins can be for tower pushing/diving.

The enemy champs cannot towerhug safely, nor can they ever step past a minion while trying to push out because it puts them too at risk. Even a half-distance javelin with an AP build hurts. Another important fact is a towerhugging tank can't just laugh away the damage from a max distance javelin that they took in the face because of their larger hitbox. I'm talking like ~1/4th hp hits at max range.

Synxxx

01-08-2010

Summoner Spells: Clairvoyance for awesome map control with traps. Exhaust because carries are going to eat you alive. There's no reason to get clarity, as chalice provides all the mana regen you'll ever need on the cheap, and some lovely magic res.

Sexy Items: Meki + 2x HP Potions > Chalice > Mercury Treads > Nashor's Tooth > Sheen > Lich Bane > Deathfire Grasp

As long as you play it smart, this build will earn you a bunch of cleanup kills on runners during team fights from your awesome cat burst, HUGE staying power for your team due to your low cd/high HP heal (can keep the buff rolling indefinitely), and enough MR to survive enemy mages who WILL inevitably start targeting you first every time.

I've played AD nidalee, and there's way too much wasted potential compared to an AP/CDR build.

Hammock

01-08-2010

Right now i'm using a full CDR rune page since that's all I had from previous champs I used, and it works well. Her heal spell is always ready to go by the time the buff wears off.

As for the builds, I change it up, but no matter what build I'm going for I always start

Meki + 2xMana Pots, then go straight for chalice.

I don't need hp pots at the start, since i'm constantly casting my heal on myself, and getting the chalice means I don't need to use clarity, and once I get chalice, I never ever run out of mana for the rest of the game, and I can pretty much spam the spear all I want.

Plus that little bit of Magic resistance in early game makes a big difference. For me the item is too cheap to pass up