Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

European Server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BobiusMaximus

Recruiter

01-05-2010

I recently found out there is a whole different server for LoL in Europe.

I play with over 200 ping on the current server, so this seemed great to me.

However, if I was to play on European LoL I would have to start from scratch at summoner level 1.

Is there some possibility of changing the server my account is currently on?

If not, will there be in the future?

Xiao

Recruiter

01-05-2010

Not now; possible but not likely in the future would be my guess.

Polygon

01-06-2010

Until the level of service on the EU servers are an exact match to the level of service on teh US servers, I'm not going there.

The patches are not released at the same time, the developers posts are not replicated to those forums, the languages used ingame are too varied etc. etc.

Riot has a real stake in keeping people happy and pleased. The EU licence people, GOA, just want a low maintenance income source.

I predict it will never match the US experience. Instead, ping will continue to get better with tech progress.

Haigoeo

01-06-2010

Quote:
Polygon:
Until the level of service on the EU servers are an exact match to the level of service on teh US servers, I'm not going there.

The patches are not released at the same time, the developers posts are not replicated to those forums, the languages used ingame are too varied etc. etc.

Riot has a real stake in keeping people happy and pleased. The EU licence people, GOA, just want a low maintenance income source.

I predict it will never match the US experience. Instead, ping will continue to get better with tech progress.

When u dont know things its better to shut up :/

At first Eu servers was bad (the 1st month) but now i left US and playing there and i can say its great. Stable, they even apply patches faster (i mean downtime) than Riot do.
Stop blaming GOA becuase they failed in other games u played. This is a new game and currently they are doing their job fine.

As for late patches, they patch 1 or 2 days after US, so what?

Heroboy

01-06-2010

Quote:
Polygon:

This.

Also if I will spend money on this game, I would like it all go to the developers. Plenty of other reasons too.

ninjajakem

01-06-2010

The language variety seems like it would really kill the solo queuing as well.

HairyDan

01-06-2010

Quote:
Haigoeo:
When u dont know things its better to shut up :/

At first Eu servers was bad (the 1st month) but now i left US and playing there and i can say its great. Stable, they even apply patches faster (i mean downtime) than Riot do.
Stop blaming GOA becuase they failed in other games u played. This is a new game and currently they are doing their job fine.

As for late patches, they patch 1 or 2 days after US, so what?

You, sir. Are the reason why people don't want to play on the EU servers.

Ixalmaris

01-06-2010

Lets just say that GOA has a really bad reputation among Europeans.

Haigoeo

01-06-2010

Quote:
HairyDan:
You, sir. Are the reason why people don't want to play on the EU servers.

Wow, at least i post some true facts instead of pressing a down button in a forum.
Grow up kid.

boni

01-06-2010

Haigoeo actually got a point there. I still stay on the US Servers because the experience is better. The 2nd reason is because of the people who play there.