Twitch, A message for Riot Specificly

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZampanÚ

01-05-2010

for a real twitch discussion:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=43094

Wilky

01-05-2010

Exhaust is a great counter to Twitch by the way!

Kayle/Twitch really hurts if your team is lacking CC and relying on pure dps to counter Twitch's AE capability.

h34dl4g

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysin View Post
I've been waiting for a thread to do this in. Normally I don't like to brag, but I won a game against a Twitch where he and I were both middle lane. I stomped the little rat's nuts into the ground for the first 10 minutes on the game, and after that he got me a few more times simply because I was just as squishy as he was, but half the time he wouldn't last a few seconds around me. I myself never used a single vision ward or Oracle's either.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ge/karthus.jpg

Yes, I was playing Karthus. I don't take all the credit for winning the match since my team did do pretty good as well, but Twitch is NOT the end all, be all of LoL.

Now, before some of you claim "Oh you're in low ELO games lawl", I'll say simply no I am not and how does a GODLY character like Twitch die to a measily Karthus repeatedly?
Isn't Twitch supposed to be a PUB stomping madman?

The Twitch in this game did the exact same stuff everyone complains about:

1.) Stealth
2.) Wait for team battle
3.) Pop Ult and attack
4.) ???
5.) Ace!

Except when he does 3.) , I would target him, hit him twice or three times for 1/6th of his life with Lay Waste before my team would turn around and blast the little ******* as well. Funny thing is, he would usually target me so I'd move away from my team and his shots would also divert from my team, thus saving them from the "OMG RAPE" that is apparantly Twitch.

Seriously though, if you want to suggest a 'balance' to Twitch, why not something like Katarina's ult? Just about everything interrupts it, so why not make it where if you stun/silence/knockback Twitch it ****s up his ult so he can't use it.

So, you are one of 8 people who doesn't have problems with Twich at all. Congratulation, but when 99% has got so much problems fighting against him, than its obvious that hes overpowered.

And wtf with Katarina?
She isn't range
She hasn't got multi targe
and she instantly stops with ulti after 0.1 sec stun/fear.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by h34dl4g View Post
So, you are one of 8 people who doesn't have problems with Twich at all. Congratulation, but when 99% has got so much problems fighting against him, than its obvious that hes overpowered.

And wtf with Katarina?
She isn't range
She hasn't got multi targe
and she instantly stops with ulti after 0.1 sec stun/fear.
i have 8 people on my friends list who have no prob with twitch + me + him...OHEY THAT MAKES 10!

just because a bunch of noobs post on forums about a hero being overpowered doesnt mean hes "obviously overpowered" alot of players are like me, where they only post in topics they care about, but theres one difference between me and them, one thing i really care about and despise is noobs talking as if they know whats best for the game, not even giving productive ideas, but instead critisizing currently implemented ideas and shouting for changes.

to put it simply, the people who dont think twitch is overpowered just dont give a **** about you and the other noobs who cry OP, and so they dont post, whereas i do because i cant stand people like you so much as pressing the reply button.

i think we all need to focus on moving foward with this game instead of trying to "fix" everything, get stuff in like replays, voice chat (for those who desperately want it >.>) new maps, new champs, new modes, maybe map editor?? possibly? stuff like that.

if your gunna complain about a hero at least make an educated post with points about it like meta did, instead of the barf the likes of you spray all over this forum.

ReadInPeace

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkii View Post
Stuff...

if your gunna complain about a hero at least make an educated post with points about it like meta did, instead of the barf the likes of you spray all over this forum.

I guess they're just spraying and praying for a fix.

You see wut I did thar?

Also, if you want to check out an idea follow the link I posted on the first page. (Plugging FTW. :P)

Cheers

NoOtherDestiny

01-05-2010

As linked earlier in this post, check out Meta's thread about Twitch http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=43094

As for my opinions, his Spray and Pray is bugged and over powered. exhaust/blind only prevents his ult hitting the selected target, it still hits everything else in the AoE. Due to his extreme range, if the twitch has any brains, he will sit behind his team, out of range of any abilities (cept Ashe's Ult and maybe Heim's Rockets) and well shoot the time from there, this includes the measly range on lay waste.

@ Maysin - I will assume that you played a noob Twitch still learning. If he came out of stealth in range of your lay waste then he was stupid to destealth that close, if you got close enough to hit him with it several times (3 hits would mean his Ult is half/mostly finished since it lasts 7 seconds), then his team failed him or he didn't focus on you, in which time you'd be dead after the first lay waste since Karthus often doesn't have a lot of HP or Armour.

A few days back I stomped a Twitch several times early as mid solo with Ashe. I kept him weakened early on to prevent him stealthing me with low HP, I then got wards/elixer and dominated him the rest of the game. Now someone like Maysin is sitting there thinking "wow see, twitch does suck, he pwned him so easily with suggested counters". No, he was a noob Twitch. Any half decent Twitch would buy elixer himself and destroy my wards thus wasting my money, and plus elixer is very short range, he can easily come out of stealth very far from it, Ult me, slow me, expunge and dead.

A noob Twitch is easy to spot, he dies to your team a lot. A good Twitch is easy to spot, you won't see him for most of game after the first few levels, after that the only time you see him is when his killing someone, or BDing towers, or wiping your team during a team fight with his Ult, sitting outside of range of all enemy abilities while slowing the entire team and nuking. Any other champion with Twitch that can hold/slow a team like TF's Ult, Amumu's Ult, NuNu's Ult, Malphite's Ult or even Ashe's Volley/Ult, and abilities that can greatly assist Twitch like Kayle's Ult will usually mean no matter how good your team, you'll likely be wiped if you get into a team fight.

mrtspence

01-05-2010

@Maysin: I'm also going to assume that his ATROCIOUS teammates had something to do with Twitch losing. I guess if you are like 8 levels higher than all of them and they don't know how to function as a team, then ya you'll win (but wait, doesn't that apply to any game?!)

This thread is filled with useless posts (Piranha Petunia has basically posted twice just telling him to paragraph more effectively) and those that provide no backup for their counter-argument--and no, "LOL U SUCK L2P!" is not a valid proof.

The fact is: the VAST majority of people playing this game have a problem with Twitch--and that there is really all the reason Riot should need to nerf him. That people even at high ELO's have a problem with him too means that a lot of those complaints are valid (not to say a less skilled player's opinion shouldn't matter--Twitch is way OP in any skill bracket).

Perhaps you doubters should stop being obstinate just for the sake of keeping your favourite hero from being balanced? Hah! Like that will happen though.

PS: I used to play Twitch (still do occasionally), but I find that I make my opponents upset and my teammates bored (as all they have to do is shield me for 5 seconds in a teamfight so I can kill all of our enemies). I want everyone to enjoy this game--and for that to happen, Twitch needs a serious nerf.

Flashfires

01-05-2010

I read until I saw you all quit out as soon as you saw Rat in a matchup and then I started laughing too hard to finish.

mrtspence

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashfires View Post
I read until I saw you all quit out as soon as you saw Rat in a matchup and then I started laughing too hard to finish.
I've never dropped due to a twitch, but it certainly resigns me to having a dull, onesided game. I have had a few teammates that do though (and I understand their desire to).

If you aren't going to be respectful enough to read my entire post, at least read it correctly.

Also, putting some thought into what you say never hurts, mindless single line replies make you look like a hackneyed dimwit (although I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't.

Your post is the perfect example of what I was referring to as a useless post--I don't understand why every discussion about characters in this game has to turn into a stupid argument. Some degree of maturity would be greatly appreciated by everyone.

Tantalis

01-05-2010

nerf his range all i got to say.