Twitch, A message for Riot Specificly

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Col Ryland

01-05-2010

Dear Riot,

I'm writing this message about the plauge rat twitch. (duh) Ever since i started playing in mid november ive noticed how well balanced the game is, and how well skill plays a roll in determining the victor in each match, many champions do have very strong skills, but they are counterable and in general not rediculous, even evelyn can only kill one champion before inevitably being destroyed because she has such a low amount of health. One thing I did notice is the fact that the plauge rat, Twitch, could press the R button and kill our entire team. Plague rat is indeed a plague, a plague thats slowly poisoning and destroying the good game of Leauge of Legends.

Less then 5% of games against twitch are won, and even less are worth playing at all. Theres no amount of teamwork that can down that rat, not with his entire team standing by him. Even if you kill the rat several times early game, all he has to do is sit in stealth untill his team pushes somthing and then ult and take all the gold. You cant effectivly underlevel him and you cant possibly starve him of gold. The only one in the game that can possibly kill him in Trynd, because he can stay alive long enough to get a SINGLE hit on him, and rat wont just lifesteal it back! (unless of course his ult is up and he kills everything behind him in one shot and heals it right back.) And even then any team thats stupid enough to let trind sit there without any CC on him and kill the rat deserves to have rat on their team in the first place, just to make it fair. Even if your entire team nukes rat and kills him, what do you do when your all out of skills and the other four champions are sitting there with their fingers on the R button? you die, thats all there is to it.
Twitch desperatly needs a debuff. Making his ult LOCK onto ONE person so that he can only kill that ONE person, would help drasticly, even though he would still be twice as overpowered as Evelynn, because he could still auto attack destroy your champions. Whenever you see a twitch in the lineup for a match you might as well just leave now. (which is exactly what my personal team and my entire guild has standing orders to do. Even if hes on our team we leave the Que and go back in again. why waste 40 minutes of your life when you have no hope? its not the alamo, were not stuck at our computers. Usualy we just go play Dota, which has far more balance then the game we would have been in.)
People have seen how Rediculous he is, and are buying him at an alarming rate. Soon all games will have twitches in them, reducing the game to nothing but who comes out of stealth first and dies. There will be no fun, no skill, and you'll lose players at a massive rate. Soon it will be all premade practice games with guilds so that no twitches will be included, and we can enjoy the game it was meant to be. If your planning on making any money off of this game, try to do it after your entire playerbase is playing HoN. S2Games is going to be making a killing being the only game out there like this. All i can really say is don't make the same mistake that other companies have made so many times. Don't go, "Oh no! we screwed up, but we can't do anything about it now because everyone already has taken advantage of it!" Thats a lie, take the step, fix your game, save it. Refund the points if you have to. will it be hard? yes. Will your game die? No, not if you do it soon, before everyone has him and it really IS too late. If you actually stop this you'll only profit from it, in both respect from your playerbase, and loyalty from the better half of your player base. I can't stress enough how you need to do this, and you need to do it now.

Stop releasing new champions, stop working on maps, Fix what you ALREADY have out before you move on. Will the number of players drop a small number when you do this? yes, if twitch is the only reason they play the game then good riddance. If you want a game where you can take apart anyone without any resistance go play a single player game. And that brings me to my last point. Why do we PvP, and why do we play games at all? The gaming spirit is a fair fight where you can pit your skills against others, in a great and fun fight. Not so that you can roflstomp and entire team. So many games have lost that sense and it makes true gamers sick. It's up to you, Riot, to fix this problem. We can't do anything about it, were not in the programming chair. The only thing we can do is sigh and leave as we watch a great game fall into rubble.

( And to the many inevitable twitches who choose to post saying that its not Overpowered and that i should QQ more, I will. Your only proving my point. If you have to come in here to keep your class way-too-overpowered class from being nerfed, then your one of the people who shouldn't be gaming and don't have enough skill or patience to lose. I'm fine with losing, ive made freinds with many people that have beaten me because i know their good and worth getting to know, for both stratagy and arranging teams. What im NOT fine with is somone pressing the Win button while not even having to pay attention. Hit R, click once, Go get a soda, His AoE and MASSIVE Range takes care of the rest.)

Well, its your play Riot, make the right move.

perfectdread

01-05-2010

I heartily agree, he is too over powered

Zeron

01-05-2010

Wow. o_o

Piranha Petunia

01-05-2010

Paragraphs mother f*****, do you speak it?

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

I did not read your post. I like twitch. Mechanically, I don't think a sneaky hunter should have an ult that does AOE damage. That should be saved for a true carry.

Serpentongue

01-05-2010

Making your post more like a post and less like a wall helps. Good formatting goes a long way.

Piranha Petunia

01-05-2010

now put the spaces in-between your paragraphs and you are set. And I hope you didn't just put them at random places.

Kyvar Destu

01-05-2010

Twitch isn't as hard to stop as you think. True, he is annoying to have up against, especially when in the hands of someone that really know how to use how. But from what I remember, I'm pretty sure stuns can make him waste some of those precious few seconds he has of it and whenever silenced, he only gets his normal auto-attacks while it still ticks away. I do have to agree it still pretty darn tide turning though and perhaps should have a limit on how many things it can hit. like 2 or 3 targets at a time. That would certainly help 'tone' him down. I do know that he can still be shut down early on, but it is extremely hard to keep him that way without planting vision wards all over the place. As far as the auto-attacks go, I've seen much twitch players with malady or wit's end, and with their alarming attack rate coming out of stealth... yeah it hurts. Follow that up with expunge and it is a massive beating. It's understandable as how to see that as overpower.

*Note: Don't know if it true or not, but I think he can be blinded through spray and pray. If not, then it should be. Would add a bit more balance in being able to counter the ult.

Maysin

01-05-2010

I've been waiting for a thread to do this in. Normally I don't like to brag, but I won a game against a Twitch where he and I were both middle lane. I stomped the little rat's nuts into the ground for the first 10 minutes on the game, and after that he got me a few more times simply because I was just as squishy as he was, but half the time he wouldn't last a few seconds around me. I myself never used a single vision ward or Oracle's either.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ge/karthus.jpg

Yes, I was playing Karthus. I don't take all the credit for winning the match since my team did do pretty good as well, but Twitch is NOT the end all, be all of LoL.

Now, before some of you claim "Oh you're in low ELO games lawl", I'll say simply no I am not and how does a GODLY character like Twitch die to a measily Karthus repeatedly?
Isn't Twitch supposed to be a PUB stomping madman?

The Twitch in this game did the exact same stuff everyone complains about:

1.) Stealth
2.) Wait for team battle
3.) Pop Ult and attack
4.) ???
5.) Ace!

Except when he does 3.) , I would target him, hit him twice or three times for 1/6th of his life with Lay Waste before my team would turn around and blast the little ******* as well. Funny thing is, he would usually target me so I'd move away from my team and his shots would also divert from my team, thus saving them from the "OMG RAPE" that is apparantly Twitch.

Seriously though, if you want to suggest a 'balance' to Twitch, why not something like Katarina's ult? Just about everything interrupts it, so why not make it where if you stun/silence/knockback Twitch it ****s up his ult so he can't use it.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

the way this guy talks about how no champ but trynd can take down twitch and no ammount of team work can down him just proves to me that this guy doesnt know what the hell hes talking about, yeah, twitch CAN be annoying but he aint the unstoppable god this guy is making him out to be. ohhh man i loved that fake statistic, "less than 5% of games against twitch can be won" my ass, i win nearly 3 quarters of the games im against twitch.