[Guide] Tristana - Balls of Steel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

El Techno

01-05-2010

I put a lot of work into this one, and would love to see a few more readers and get some comments. Included are detailed explanations of rune and item choices, and a complete gameplay walkthrough, with videos to come soon!

Please visit http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...s%20of%20Steel

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-05-2010

Guide looks pretty good, I do have to ask, why Executioner's Calling?

The passive is redundant with her activated Explosive Shot (they don't stack) and even if it wasn't, if you're soloing mid, the person you're laning against probably isn't going to have any heals, especially when you're choosing to get this item early.

There are other items that give you more crit and more lifesteal, and Executioner's is pretty situational to begin with so between other items and Tristana's skills, I'm just not seeing how it's worth buying.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Guide looks pretty good, I do have to ask, why Executioner's Calling?

The passive is redundant with her activated Explosive Shot (they don't stack) and even if it wasn't, if you're soloing mid, the person you're laning against probably isn't going to have any heals, especially when you're choosing to get this item early.

There are other items that give you more crit and more lifesteal, and Executioner's is pretty situational to begin with so between other items and Tristana's skills, I'm just not seeing how it's worth buying.
At some point in the game, you cannot rely on Explosive Shot anymore for cutting off heals. Executioner's Calling is also a cheap way to increase critical hits and obtain a great lifesteal asset.

EDIT: Exec Calling is the item that gives the most lifesteal except for Stark's

Tarion

01-05-2010

I like your short game build. Was going to ask someone about that earlier, as I was considering running something very similar:
New Doran's Blade (Lifesteal, damage, health. Sexy for ranged physicals).
Boots
Sword of the Divine
Upgrade Boots to Greaves

Not sure where it would go from there.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefam View Post
At some point in the game, you cannot rely on Explosive Shot anymore for cutting off heals.
I guess it is decently cheap, where I'm coming from though, is in the "weakest item" threads, Executioner's Calling regularly comes up alongside others like Brutalizer, in that the stats aren't dynamite compared to what else you could get AND the passive is very situational.

Because Tristana can already do the same thing, and it is pretty situational, it seems like she would be the one hero that would never need this item, especially early on.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

Why no 21 / 0 / 9 for longer duration creep buffs and 5% more xp? Seems more useful than 2 armor 2 MR, and 2 more damage.