Taming Yi - ideas on Highlander

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReadInPeace

01-05-2010

Hey,

I was wondering about his ultimate, and I have an idea to share. Please tell me what you think.

Concentrated Highlander

Rework the ultimate: Change its duration from 6/9/12 secs to 6/5/4 secs or 8/7/6 secs (balance pending of course). To be honest, I find what makes it ridicilous is the attack speed it gives for a maximum of a whooping 12 seconds on its max level. This change would help balance out his late game damage potential and the duration of the spell, making him getting kills actually neccessary for maintaining the ultimate, not a luxury (he can easily kill people late game in 4 secs, he doesn't need 12, that's just icing on the cake most of the time and allows him an easy getaway).

All in all, balance the nature of the spell (recharging on kill), with his late game high-DPS potential in mind. With the current scaling, the big bonus to attack speed, the immunity and the long duration makes the power of the spell go overboard, in my opinion.

This would also weaken his turret soloing potential. Less time in uber mode means slower turret kills.

If you're still not convinced about the sheer power of his ult. answer this question for me:

Have players ever used the spell recharge property of his ultimate for anything else than casting Highlander again? I thought so.

Cheers

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-05-2010

A large part of the problem from Yi will be fixed in the upcoming patch (the one currently on Test Realm) -- Yi's Highlander currently gives a Multiplicative attack speed boost (bug, I presume) instead of Additive. They're raising amount Highlander gives, but with it being changed to additive, the overall buff it gives will be noticeably smaller.

ReadInPeace

01-05-2010

Great, thanks for the heads-up!

The current bonus being multiplicative sounds scary indeed. I'm glad it gets changed.

Will he be suspectible to the blind effect of Exhaust, too?

Cheers

gniksivart

01-05-2010

Another thing I think that would be helpful is to make the cooldown longer. That way a Yi will have to think twice before ulting on a tower and it being pretty much cooldowned in time for the next hero.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

01-05-2010

The attack speed fix is a great plus. It would also be nice if so many abilities weren't totally negated by highlander just because they have a slow in addition to another effect, the biggest culprit being exhaust.

Dracorya

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gniksivart View Post
Another thing I think that would be helpful is to make the cooldown longer. That way a Yi will have to think twice before ulting on a tower and it being pretty much cooldowned in time for the next hero.
Specifically why I don't use ult on a tower (unless its one of their inner towers and I decide to suicide to take both out). I usually just hit Wuju style to give me the extra damage...oh they're after me? Ult away.

NoOtherDestiny

01-05-2010

I agree his Ult goes for too long. I also don't like it been on such a short cool down as it is, without including it been refreshed after each kill. Making it harder for him to kill with it, and giving is a longer CD so he doesn't waste it all the time on towers/creeps/escaping. The nerf to attack speed will be good but I think its duration still need a large nerf.

OBhave

01-06-2010

Being immune to all slows for 12 seconds AND super fast also just sucks bigtime ... I mean what if a pub team ends up with a lot of slows and less than 2 stuns? (1 stun he can just cleanse off) I'll tell you what, Yi is just going to LAUGH at that entire team. He's gonna able to farm in safety, completely ungankable, and then later on he'll merrily rape your allies without you being able to save them with your spells.

*EDIT* Oh and plus you need more than 1 successful stun to hold him properly anyway ... so better get MORE than 2 stuns.