Fighting a good twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarenot

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khashishi View Post
Actually, it's well known that Twitch is mad overpowered, so really the only counter is to have Twitch on your team or be three times as skilled.

Twitch is what you get when you give a hero higher range than Ashe, faster attack speed than Yi, a slowing nuke, and make him invisible.

Yeah, you can buy wards and oracles, but you still have to fight a hero with higher range than Ashe and faster attack speed than Yi.

TBH, all that is well known is that his ult range is too much, he should not be able to solo takedown a tower without damage. Most good teams will actually say that twitch is not a big issue if you get your **** together early game and do not allow him to feed or farm.

Darkening

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarenot View Post
TBH, all that is well known is that his ult range is too much, he should not be able to solo takedown a tower without damage. Most good teams will actually say that twitch is not a big issue if you get your **** together early game and do not allow him to feed or farm.
Agreed

hightech

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by youjohneh View Post
Being a Twich player myself i can tell you that he is NOT op
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ithrowthings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-10-2010

I love a good argument. Here's a few points to consider.

To those saying "just buy vision wards!"

This effectively slows down your entire build. if your whole team is constantly refreshing their vision wards to fight against 1 character on the opposing team, that character doesn't even have to do anything at all. He's already slowed down the enemy team enough as it is.

To those saying "He's really squishy and I just kill him when he appears"

You are probably fighting some bad twitches. I've played about 200 games so far and have fought my fair share of bad twitch players. It's really nice playing as gangplank to be able to stab him once so he can't heal then shoot him in the face and pretty much be guaranteed the kill. However, when fighting a GOOD twitch, they will never EVER take a remote risk like that and will only unstealth in guaranteed win situations.

"Oh, then just don't give twitch any guaranteed win situations!" If everyone on your team constantly played like twitch could pop out at any moment, your team would constantly hug their towers until the towers crumbled around them and the enemy team would be on a huge mountain of gold.

Granted, a LARGE portion of why twitch owns so hard (especially in pubs) is because people don't know how to deal with him. I know that when I am in a team fight, I drop EVERYTHING the second I see twitch appear and attack him with the burning passion of a thousand gods. If more people played like this, twitch wouldn't be such a problem. I'm not asking for a huge nerf or anything, but being the only hero in the game with the ability to kill turrets with not a single minion around and not take any damage whatsoever is.... dumb.

Tornsoul

01-10-2010

^
^
^

Thats exactly the problem. Everyone is like "oh no the stealth people are so bad you just have to...
BUY XXX.
Keyword BUY. So if everyone on your team starts buying items to see him,we are wasting gold, even if you kill him once without any spree's that doesnt even cover the cost of an oracles, not to mention the range of oracles is tiny. And lets say twitch starts in the middle and gets stealth at lvl 2 or 3 what am I suppose to do? Hug my tower and not collect any gold? Should top and bottom hug their towers too in case twitch shows up? His mere presence its changing the way your entire team operates because you CANT see him. I actually would have less of a problem if he wasnt stealthed 24x7 than if they nerfed his ult.

You cant really go and gank him because you dont know where he is, he picks his fights. So what are you going wander around in the forest and hope to find him? Wasting all your time, hell he could even find you and call a gank on you, so that isnt an option.

A good shaco, almost as bad as twitch but manageable since at least he is actually a melee, you might see him sneaking up on you, same thing with eve, she has low HP, packs a punch, but she has to get on you to do it. Twitch dishes out extreme damage at an extreme range, at a time of his choosing. Maybe if his ult was channeled and you could interrupt it? Nope cant do that.

Wanna see an easy kill? All twitch has to do is go farm in the forest at lvl 5 or 6, let you push the mid tower, come up right behind you and pop his ult. If you run towards him and hit him, the tower will shoot you in the back, if you try to run past the tower he will still be shooting but you will then probably have to run through the second tower and die anyway. So unless your in a good place to flash over a wall your dead the moment he appears, even if you were at full HP to begin with.

Purutzil

01-10-2010

Do a barrel roll!

ilovenuggets

01-11-2010

Havent anyone notice that warwick might be a viable counter to twitch? I have played a few games as warwick with twitch as opp, and i easily rape him hard. His food early to any decent warwick player, just pop a rally, ulti and bite should just finish the twitch, and late game, just position yourself behind the opp if they are pushing and when the battle starts, pop in ur ulti to twitch and pwn him before he can do any dmg.

Zenanii

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenuggets View Post
Havent anyone notice that warwick might be a viable counter to twitch? I have played a few games as warwick with twitch as opp, and i easily rape him hard. His food early to any decent warwick player, just pop a rally, ulti and bite should just finish the twitch, and late game, just position yourself behind the opp if they are pushing and when the battle starts, pop in ur ulti to twitch and pwn him before he can do any dmg.
Mind telling me how you manage to gank a twitch in stealth? If your team can avoid being ganked by twitch 100% of the time, what prevents twitch from playing carefully and avoid every single gank you try to pull off?

Your second tip: That might work once, maybe twice if your opponents are slow. But after that they will learn, and expect it. Before teamfights twitch will just scout the forest behind his team, and then his team will come and gank your sorry ass 5v1.

OLI HC

01-11-2010

Just dont feed him, when I solo mid as udyr I always own twitch, but thats not the point.Just calling MIA, not being far in lane with low health,basically not feeding him is a good start.Targetting him as soon as he pops out is the main thing,unfortunately people playing pugs dont care because most of the people think its everyone on his own lane and his own business.Thats why twitch always gets fed nobody cares for him,early ganking on him is the solution.His ulti isnt that bad especially in 1v1, when I play him I dont get my ulti until lv 10-11 cause youre just not hitting hard enought to waste mana on it.Thats my advice for twitch,gank him alot and keep him down,victimize him litterally

Kyile

01-11-2010

First let me state I played twitch as my main for a good many games... I love the little rat but barely play him anymore unless my buds ask me too for a carry.

He has alot of great potential even when payed by a 'decent' guy. Played by someone who knows him and his abilities well look out...

However I like teemo now. And 95% of all twitches I go against hate me... why? Blind... if their clense is down = gg... if they cleanse that pop exhaust...

I also buy an occasional totem to see them.

Its been mentioned how to run from his 'r' ability.

Its about knowing his playstyle and beating him.