Fighting a good twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noctred

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by haaaaaaaalp View Post
The title said fighting a good twitch.

You can't strafe against a good twitch since he will be ulting during a team battle with his allies beating down on you as well.

You can't kill him first because he is well behind his stunners and taking the time to focus your CC on him will get you owned by his team.

You can't always assume he is in the worst spot posible and hope to keep up with the other team's farming/ganking.
That's the way I look at it.

All the responses along the lines of "just strafe" seem laughable at best. It can be a little difficult to drop what you're doing and just strafe away when you're in the middle of a team fight getting beat on by Twitch's teammates... especially since you're probably already going to be either stunned, snared, or otherwise disabled.

Dropping what you're doing and making a line straight for Twitch as soon as he pops up is difficult for the same reasons, or actually even harder if the guy playing Twitch knows how to position himself well.

I just don't see any of these recommended "counters" as being actual counters when you're in the middle of a 5v5, considering the sheer speed at which and the range from which Twitch can take out a group of players.

Darkening

01-07-2010

Along w/ the above post, Twitch's main advantage is to pick his fights. If one person in each lane keeps a ward up, he is basically a squishier/weaker/slower ranged Master Yi (if that makes sense). His ult is broken, yes, but more games than not by the time he is at that stage he will be something close to 8/1/0. If you shut his early ganks down and make sure your tanks/fed carries have potions, it will be like they are missing a player.

One last note. If you are going in to a team fight, and you don't see him, EXPECT him to be there. Tell your team to attack, then to immediately switch to him as soon as he pops out of stealth. I have seen good, coordinated teams shut down Twitches with ease.

Sarenot

01-07-2010

Lets nerf Twitch - his ult is OP
Lets nerf Karthus - what is this **** hitting everyone
Lets nerf Yi - screw him running like a greased monkey
Lets nerf Gankplank - lololol OP ult 1 shot hero of the month
Lets nerf Kassadin - what is this constant blink and spike dps BS

Lets nerf : whatever we can not develop skills to deal with effectively, turn LOL into HelloKittyIA and all sit around sharing happy happy cuddle cuddle hugs.

Yes, I play twitch a lot, and I think when you factor in the squishiness and easy of early game fail (enough has been said above) he is just right. I would reduce the range on the ult to tower range so the Tower takedown can not happen.. apart from that he is just fine. QQ less already,,, if you have such rat envy why not .. shock and horror.. play Twitch?

As for the 'he was 0/1000/0 and then ended at gazillion kills.. a good twitch will know how to get his build going even with a slow start. If his team carries him, yes, he becomes a huge asset. Just like a geared Yi taking down towers all over the map. Or a farmed Veigar 2 shotting most things. Or pretty much any dps type hero who is allowed to level/farm/not shutdown. To counter Twitch do what you need to do with any other hero.. hunt him down, constantly, push aggressively and dont feed the carries.

ta11geese3

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarenot View Post
Yes, I play twitch a lot, and I think when you factor in the squishiness and easy of early game fail (enough has been said above) he is just right. I would reduce the range on the ult to tower range so the Tower takedown can not happen.. apart from that he is just fine. QQ less already,,, if you have such rat envy why not .. shock and horror.. play Twitch?
When you HAVE to play a certain character in order to win, that's a huge sign that that character is overcentralizing the metagame and that the game isn't balanced.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarenot View Post
Lets nerf Twitch - his ult is OP
Lets nerf Karthus - what is this **** hitting everyone
Lets nerf Yi - screw him running like a greased monkey
Lets nerf Gankplank - lololol OP ult 1 shot hero of the month
Lets nerf Kassadin - what is this constant blink and spike dps BS
Hyperbole ftw.

Sarenot

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagga View Post
Hyperbole ftw.
My point exactly

Sarenot

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta11geese3 View Post
When you HAVE to play a certain character in order to win, that's a huge sign that that character is overcentralizing the metagame and that the game isn't balanced.
Or you could play him, discover he can be countered in many ways, then switch back to whatever is you favorite champ and stop QQing.

Khashishi

01-07-2010

Actually, it's well known that Twitch is mad overpowered, so really the only counter is to have Twitch on your team or be three times as skilled.

Twitch is what you get when you give a hero higher range than Ashe, faster attack speed than Yi, a slowing nuke, and make him invisible.

Yeah, you can buy wards and oracles, but you still have to fight a hero with higher range than Ashe and faster attack speed than Yi.

LordWalmart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

if twitch is smart and his teammates coordinate with him he's rapage. All the people who say that hes easy to counter i dunno what your smokin. I played alistar and my friend played twitch; we baited the opposing team into the forest (in one of those long straight narrow corridors) i stood and blocked them he ults whole team dies they could do nothing. They could not ult cc exhaust all that bs ppl say is so easy to do. Go strafe? my ass.

His ult is ridiculous. I PROPOSE making his ult much much much more innacurate. Its called spray and pray yet hes quite accurate. If the arrows went ALL OVER THE PLACE in maybe a 90-130 degree radius i think it'd be ok.

makkii

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWalmart View Post
if twitch is smart and his teammates coordinate with him he's rapage. All the people who say that hes easy to counter i dunno what your smokin. I played alistar and my friend played twitch; we baited the opposing team into the forest (in one of those long straight narrow corridors) i stood and blocked them he ults whole team dies they could do nothing. They could not ult cc exhaust all that bs ppl say is so easy to do. Go strafe? my ass.

His ult is ridiculous. I PROPOSE making his ult much much much more innacurate. Its called spray and pray yet hes quite accurate. If the arrows went ALL OVER THE PLACE in maybe a 90-130 degree radius i think it'd be ok.
i dunno what your smokin, a twitch in front of me is like an all you can eat buffet, he practically screams EAT ME BEING CHOGATH, NOT A REQUIREMENT!!!!