Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fighting a good twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xarek

01-05-2010

Champions are chosen before the start of the game, right?

1) make sure your team has a twitch on it before the clock hits 0.
2) be better (or make sure your teammate is better) than their twitch
3) wait for Riot to nerf him in a patch

This seems like a cheap answer, but actually it's quite reasonable. The MORE he gets represented in EVERY game (they track these things) the more likely they are to nerf him, and quickly. And in the meantime you'll have the added bonus of having a rediculous champion on your team every game to help you win.

I used to play with a variety of champions -- Jax, Blitz, Anivia, Alistar, Fiddle, Ryze, and Nidalee mostly. But I kept getting stemrolled by teams that had a good twitch player, even when we did things like buy wards and oracles. So I broke down and played two games with him last night, and guess what? I won both handily, and I'm not even that good with him yet. The obvious lesson here is if you can't beat em, join em, it's a competitive game and your opponents are going to do everything they can to get an advantage over you. If you want to win, you should do the same until they fix it.

Of course, you could also:

1a) not play until they patch it

But then you are still only going to get to play afterwards for a week until the meta-game shifts and the new "broken" champ is found. Just get used to it and roll with the punches and you will be a lot happier.

Xarek

01-05-2010

I thought I would explain a bit more as well:

All strategies should be applied to your ELO's expected metagame. If twitch is not represented / underrepresented in your ELO bracket, you obviously don't need to counter-pick champions against him.

If you are joining the game for 'fun' that's fine, but be careful how you define your fun. If your idea of 'fun' is playing whatever champion you want and **** the consequences then you have nothing to worry about. But if your idea of 'fun' incorporates winning somewhere along the way, you will need be smarter about your choices in champion selection. This may even mean that YOU have to play the tank / support / twitch in order to better mesh the team together.

In the long run, all of this will make you a better player. As I have started to win more, I have paid special attention to any common champions / champion combinations / summoner spell choices / item builds / etc. that have come in both the games I win and lose. In some cases I have abandoned champions I was previously winning lots of games with because I simply found them to be not as effective anymore against the new set of champions I was facing. The game is constantly adapting and shifting, and if you play the same Warwick (as an example) in the same jungle with the same items every game, you won't learn anything, and your opponents will catch on.

One last thing. If you get HARSHLY owned by one player in a game (or if someone on your team does that to your opponents) look up their summoner profile after the game. What items are they picking on the champions that they play as? What masteries did they pick? What do their rune pages look like? You can learn a lot by emulating what the players better than you are doing (and in doing so, learn to make more decisions on your own).

Bait

Recruiter

01-05-2010

many high elo players have tried exhaust stacking against twitch. now many twitches carry cleanse.

the only really effective counter is to not feed him.

high elo players often have no reservations. i've tried/seen cases where you get oracle potion at start to counter twitch. RAWR!!! just don't die.

Basilisk9466

01-06-2010

Shaco? In theory, Deceive-Shiv-Hallucinate-JITB-Exhaust is GG against Twitch unless he has Cleanse, and even then, he has a miss chance and is probably panicking due to being as squishy as they come. To some extent, Corki could also - Valkyrie to close range, Phosphorus to take out some damage initially, then spamming gattling, rockets and autoattacks with Exhaust to nail him.

Not tried these in practice, mind.

PosPosPos

01-06-2010

Many people believe that having a counter to something means that something is balanced.

If I had a skill that killed you instanteously even if you are at full health, banshee's veil, Kayle's ulti etc etc, but required me to get into melee range, would CCs and stuns and snares make my instant-kill skill balanced?

GNOY

01-06-2010

Quote:
Al da Bok:
Move diagonally when he presses R to make it completely useless.

Any other question?

How can someone move when they rooted by Amumu or sloved by CM? 0_o Thats a nonsense, sir.

Al da Bok

01-06-2010

Quote:
GNOY:
How can someone move when they rooted by Amumu or sloved by CM? 0_o Thats a nonsense, sir.

So let's nerf Amumu instead, and everything's fine

makkii

01-06-2010

Quote:
Basilisk9466:
Shaco? In theory, Deceive-Shiv-Hallucinate-JITB-Exhaust is GG against Twitch unless he has Cleanse, and even then, he has a miss chance and is probably panicking due to being as squishy as they come. To some extent, Corki could also - Valkyrie to close range, Phosphorus to take out some damage initially, then spamming gattling, rockets and autoattacks with Exhaust to nail him.

Not tried these in practice, mind.

ive been playing shaco religiously the past few weeks, and yes in practice he does exactly that, i dont even have to pop my ult for that ****, twitch goes down in three hits. twitches only salvation is a kayle on the team, but if you play it smart its possible to bypass that.

h4rdcor3

01-06-2010

I don't understand how people find twitch and even yi so over the top OP. Good players will rape no matter what they play, but the easiest way to counter someone like that is to have a stun/blind/exhaust. The group i play with almost never has problems with either of those champions and i would only put us at the average to above average bracket. if You have to have to, save stuns/blinds/exhaust for him and don't go push a lane by yourself when he isn't seen on the map.

haaaaaaaalp

01-06-2010

Quote:
Holypope:
a twitch who is 0/3/0 15 minutes in should be out of the game. If he started owning you guys, it's because you didn't deal with him well.

Contrary to your claims, at the 15 minute mark a Twitch with no kills and no level advantage cannot wipe your whole team or likely even beat anyone beyond a pure squishy support character 1v1. Yes, his ult is dangerous, but it's easily avoidable: Strafe and 90% of thee bolts will miss. it's that simple. If he's around in a team fight, kill him 1st. If you can't see him, don't start a team fight without the expectation that he's there. If you're pushing a tower, assume he's behind you. If you're prepared for him to pop out, you can kill him/avoid him before he gets you. Don't run around with less than 1/2 health and always assume he's in the worst spot possible and you'll do fine.

The title said fighting a good twitch.

You can't strafe against a good twitch since he will be ulting during a team battle with his allies beating down on you as well.

You can't kill him first because he is well behind his stunners and taking the time to focus your CC on him will get you owned by his team.

You can't always assume he is in the worst spot posible and hope to keep up with the other team's farming/ganking.