Fighting a good twitch

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WatchMeRun

01-05-2010

So... basically we shut down their twitch 0/3/0 15 minutes into the game. He goes out and buys and executioners calling and longsword and begins to do mass damage with his 'r' button. He ends the game 17/3/11. I normally play Tristana... if I had the same items he had as a DPS, i'd be doing about uh... 1/4 of his damage, maybe? but lets not forget that his ult completely outranges even tristana and he can go invisible whenever you try to approach him. I brought oracles along in the beginning until i found out that if you're within a 1200 radius of twitch, you're going to die instantly and there's nothing you can do about it. And forget about tanks against him, our taric who was 1/0/5 at that point in the game with tank items got taken down pretty much before he could get in range to stun twitch.

So, what should any team do against a twitch who has found the 'r' button on the keyboard and knows how to stand behind their teammates and press it?

Edit: Oh yeah, i'm also not a fan of him being able to outrange turrets and take them out in one go. That's just dumb.

Captain Scro

01-05-2010

/dance at your base tower until 25 min then surrender. Wait until riot gives him the hug-o-nerf'n

WatchMeRun

01-05-2010

That won't work, he can press 'r' enough times to win the game before 25 minutes.

Al da Bok

01-05-2010

Move diagonally when he presses R to make it completely useless.

Any other question?

WatchMeRun

01-05-2010

Yeah i guess moving diagonally works, just let his teammates beat on you with no resistance, their whole team probably does less damage than he does anyway, even if they're all nuke/dps characters.

Al da Bok

01-05-2010

See, it's so easy.

You can also have a stun/nuke coming from behind.

monkow

01-05-2010

take the 'r' key out of their keyboard

Borbag

01-05-2010

Twitch is op. There are 2 things you can do about it.

1. Nothing
2. Like it.

But crying on the Forums will not make the patch come any faster. And if they dont nerf Twitch in the patch then we can all just find a new game to play. I'm sick of twitch also. I know lots of tricks to shutting him down but if he reaches 16 (ult3) and has a clue. You lose. Vision Wards, Oracles. and Quee dodging is also helpful. If you take the time to make sure you have a lvl 20+ Twitch on your team it will make you games alot moar enjoyable.

Holypope

01-05-2010

a twitch who is 0/3/0 15 minutes in should be out of the game. If he started owning you guys, it's because you didn't deal with him well.

Contrary to your claims, at the 15 minute mark a Twitch with no kills and no level advantage cannot wipe your whole team or likely even beat anyone beyond a pure squishy support character 1v1. Yes, his ult is dangerous, but it's easily avoidable: Strafe and 90% of thee bolts will miss. it's that simple. If he's around in a team fight, kill him 1st. If you can't see him, don't start a team fight without the expectation that he's there. If you're pushing a tower, assume he's behind you. If you're prepared for him to pop out, you can kill him/avoid him before he gets you. Don't run around with less than 1/2 health and always assume he's in the worst spot possible and you'll do fine.

Holypope

01-05-2010

also: silence, blind, stun, exhaust, and every other form of CC stop his ult. (blind doesn't look like it does, as the bolts still fire, but they don't hit anyone)

12345 ... 6