Wonky team idea...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xirus

01-05-2010

Twitch
Physical damage TF
3 characters that are good at stalling.

5 fortifies...

Stall the game with the 5 fortifies whilst TF gates around slowing killing towers. When it comes time to destroy the final two towers/base, if TF can't do it alone, he can pop a ward in their base and teammates can port to it? Twitch can help as needed, but should try not to die, whilst TF will be willing to die to finish off towers.

I've been wondering about this build, has anyone tried it? It seems a horrid thing to do to your enemies, far more frustrating than the 5 promote strategy, I would think. I imagine there's a "simple" counter to it, but I'm not sure what it is, nor how often teams would pull it off.

Basilisk9466

01-05-2010

Fortify's CD isn't particularly short, and two carries and three tanks will take a while to knock down towers, while if the enemy keeps hammering, they'll burn through your Fortifies and then be able to take you down a lot faster than you can counter. A well balanced team will be able to mitigate yours in a team fight, and I can't help feeling that against anyone who know's what they're doing, you'll just die a slow death.

Melonyan

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk9466 View Post
Fortify's CD isn't particularly short, and two carries and three tanks will take a while to knock down towers, while if the enemy keeps hammering, they'll burn through your Fortifies and then be able to take you down a lot faster than you can counter. A well balanced team will be able to mitigate yours in a team fight, and I can't help feeling that against anyone who know's what they're doing, you'll just die a slow death.
The other 3 characters wouldn't nessecarily be tanks, he said heroes which are good at stalling. Sivir and veigar immediately come to my mind as great candiates for this, and Sivir is one of the best pushers as well. It could definately be frusterating for the other team though I for one don't know how effective. The part that I don't really like is how the strategy includes the words "willing to die". Even if you guys stall for an extremely long time if they keep killing TF and twitch while they're trying to push alone the gold/experience the other team gains could be your undoing.

Adorno

01-05-2010

I was just thinking about something sort of along these lines. The basic idea is to make a team that can play very effective tower defense, then have 1 or 2 quick pusher/tower-smashers to force a different dynamic than the 5v5 dynamic that the other team is presumably set up for. Fortify, mobility, pushing, towersmashing, and champs that can play effectively around your towers (on def) are key. You can keep 3 or 4 to defend your tower as needed, and then have 1 or 2 rushing around the map slapping towers...or quickly losing/taking the opposition if they split off a force to get you. The key questions are, "Can you have 2 people push down towers unopposed faster than your opponents can push down your tower being defended 3v5?" and, "Can you force them to fight in smaller skirmishes that you are built for, instead of the 5v5 that they are built for?"

Champs that I think could be rolled into such a team are:

Singe, Evelynn, Udyr, Zilean, Rammus, Yi, Sivir, TF (Singed and Rammus have great mobility and play great around your turrets)...
Maybe an Alistair and/or Soraka on the defense team.

I'm just curious if this sort of approach could be viable in high-end play.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

I don't think 5 Fortifies is viable in high-end and here is why.

If both teams are playing tight, you will hit the end game.

When you hit the end game, you may have them pushed, but they have 5 more versatile summoner skills than you that will improve their ability to gank you.

Fortify as it is right now is only decent when specced into defense, to take out minion waves. You will need aoe damage to wipe the minion waves to make the invulnerable towers click on the heroes so they dont stand around waiting for you to blow your fortifies. And not all champs are viable with Defensive Specced Masteries.

If they out push you, and count your fortifies, they will be likely able to make all of your fortifies go on cooldown, and then proceed to push the tower hard.

Rammus is a must if you try this, as the enemy team will eventually ignore you and do whatever they have to, to drop a tower. You need them to target you to start taking damage if and when all forts are down.

Xirus

01-05-2010

@Basilisk- The next poster answers your question! Tryndamere is also good at stalling, what with the "I can't die for seven second" thing.

@melonyan- You don't have to feed when you die, you can die to towers. But yes, you should be conservative with your deaths. The idea isn't to port in, attack a few times, die (although that's viable in a stalemate). The idea is that you'll have a few more deaths than normal when you mess up and get caught in your tower ninjaing.

@Adorno- Who cares about high end play, I'm simply not good enough for high end play xD

@Nicosharp- You don't need specced fortify to clear minion waves, though, as a single aoe spell can clear all minions. Especially since some of your members would likely have a Tiamat.

If anyone is wondering, this idea spawned from my old physical damage tower destroying TF, before gate was nerfed.

Phoxly

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirus View Post
@Basilisk- The next poster answers your question! Tryndamere is also good at stalling, what with the "I can't die for seven second" thing.

@melonyan- You don't have to feed when you die, you can die to towers. But yes, you should be conservative with your deaths. The idea isn't to port in, attack a few times, die (although that's viable in a stalemate). The idea is that you'll have a few more deaths than normal when you mess up and get caught in your tower ninjaing.

@Adorno- Who cares about high end play, I'm simply not good enough for high end play xD

@Nicosharp- You don't need specced fortify to clear minion waves, though, as a single aoe spell can clear all minions. Especially since some of your members would likely have a Tiamat.

If anyone is wondering, this idea spawned from my old physical damage tower destroying TF, before gate was nerfed.
Seems like you have it all figured out, try it and tell us how it goes.

Xirus

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxly View Post
Seems like you have it all figured out, try it and tell us how it goes.
Are you kidding, Phoxly? None of my teammates are crazy enough to try this!

Adorno

01-06-2010

Lol. I'd try it with you. I think the tower defense team could be very deadly, too, and keep them from wanting to attack. Put a Blitz and a Rammus by the tower, along with some stunners, and they really won't want to come close. The idea on defense, imho, wouldn't be to just stall, but to be able to kill anyone who comes near your towers, esp with the consistency of fortifies available. When you kill some on defense, that defense team quickly becomes another pushing team. Wouldn't hurt to have a smite or two to smitesteal if they attempt baron...or some other solid reactive strategy for when they go baron.

Phoxly

01-06-2010

I'd try it =P I'll go Ryze.