twisted fate should be nerfed...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pockets

01-05-2010

Do any of you know that back in beta his cards were random. It was kind of pointless because all you could do was hit the skill then attack hoping for a gold. I think the skill aspect of it is much better than random cards. I understand how the gold card can be "op", but without it he's almost useless. I do like the ideas about a remake tho =]

DotEleven

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halroth View Post
The cooldown for Pick a card should not start until the card has been thrown, not when it is picked. Plus maybe add a few more seconds to that cooldown as well. I am fine with the damage it gives at 18 with the stun. When you get hit by a gold card and cleanse it to find that 3 to 4 seconds later he is already hitting you with another gold card sucks.
The cooldown doesn't start until the card is thrown. So you have 3-5 seconds of cooldown + whatever time it takes for it to show a gold card. If it starts on a gold card normally you have to wait for the rotation again. Some good TF players can lock it in when it starts on a red card, otherwise you have to wait for blue to show up. This will add another 2-3 seconds possibly and god forbid you miss that gold card and let that person with less than 100 health get away.

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

No to remake... He is so much harder to play and hence so much more rewarding.

DotEleven

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonArmy View Post
Unfortunately not our decision.

CaptainSoda

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonArmy View Post
I had someone in my game today that played CM for the first time ever, he bought him cause he sounded "cool."
In the laning phase he kept drawing reds and blues, not a single gold ( I would know I laned with him.)
Fed up with the lack of stuns, I had talked for the first, and last time in the game. All I told him was one thing.
After that he never drew a blue or red, only golds.
The point being, is that its not that difficult to draw golds. It literally is just estimating when the red card will switch and pressing W when its on the very verge of changing, and then you get a gold.

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda View Post
I had someone in my game today that played CM for the first time ever, he bought him cause he sounded "cool."
In the laning phase he kept drawing reds and blues, not a single gold ( I would know I laned with him.)
Fed up with the lack of stuns, I had talked for the first, and last time in the game. All I told him was one thing.
After that he never drew a blue or red, only golds.
The point being, is that its not that difficult to draw golds. It literally is just estimating when the red card will switch and pressing W when its on the very verge of changing, and then you get a gold.

A CM players should be able to pull gold cards whenever he sees the red card pop up. It really is not hard; it is easy to pick a card when no one is around. It is much harder to pick a card in a team fight when everything is going crazy and it could make or break the fight.

Having to look closely at your character and the other team is what is difficult.

brainwrecked

01-05-2010

if pick a card becomes totally random, the effects of both the red and blue cards would have to be buffed to make up for it, because they are utterly useless compared to gold at the moment (except for blue when taking down towers)

BlackRabbits

01-05-2010

To the people claiming a remake is incoming...link?

me2893

01-05-2010

Gold card isn't imbalanced in my mind. pick a card is just broken. randomizing the card that comes up in my mind is a bad Idea for all the previously stated reasons. Gold card is both the damage and stun card. blue card is like a quick repetition card or something. and red card is a low damage area of effect card. I personally believe red card should deal more damage than gold card. why use red card otherwise? besides this I feel TF is just fine the way he is.

Cpspindel

01-05-2010

Red isn't at all useless, it is just not as good as gold is. Getting the red card is a piece of cake, and it provides an AoE slow together with AoE damage. With the 5 second cooldown of it, scoring two reds in the same teamfight or chase isn't all that hard.

I love him just the way he is, I'd hate a change- source on that would be nice, by the way! I hope they keep him tricky and rewarding to play, it's really the only hero I've played so far I find quirky and complex enough to play as to make the game interesting.