twisted fate should be nerfed...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cybrcld

01-05-2010

Don't get me wrong, great char idea. I just think that his random card move should be "truly random." People should be able to get gold card purposely on command. That move's been dealing 400-600+ with stun on hit. Isn't that a bit much? The random card should be truly random, out of players hands, slot machine style.

Zack1996

01-05-2010

We want Twisted to require skill, not luck. If you hit a Blue card when chasing, its utterly ****. Not to mention that the kill may get away and come back with its gang of friends.

Gold Card is powerful, but it requires some skill to get it everytime. However, it is somewhat true that it is extremely powerful when you get it all the time, so we could work out a slight remake.

If you want randomness, try something else. Not something as big as what effect, rather, how long/how much damage is rather good.

Praeco

Composer

01-05-2010

hahahahahahahah!

... hm okay, serious answer. hm, in the very late game and +200 AP i prolly do 500-600+ dmg with stun. do you really think thats alot on lvl18 and with that much AP? i rather have the feeling that with the time passing by twisted fate becomes more and more useless since all these twitches, yis, nunus, fiddlesticks, veigars, gangplanks and all the others are either running around with 4 digit damage numbers or just having a superfast attackspeed that kicks the **** out of me.

random cards, so you want the hero and his success/utility to be based completely on luck? "ok lets see what happens when i attack him. ah, blue card. im dying. hm ah well, bad luck."

i dont think thats a solution. i dont even think twisted fate needs a nerf.

cybrcld

01-05-2010

well, the 500-600 was actually mid game. around 15-20 minutes? But that was at a slight feed, maybe 4-6 kills. But yeah, i'm not saying he needs to be nerfed to true ****pyness. I'm just saying that full golds everytime is cheap. At minimum, they should rotate the cards into random order. They say gold always follows the red card. 600 dmg + stun at regular ability cd? That's a little broken.

StealThisName

01-05-2010

I agree with the whole "random skill" not really having a random effect. It is far too easy to take advantage of card-locking. However I also agree with the chasing aspect, how blue cards would be useless there, but since the name of the skill is "wild card" i think that somewhat undermines that side of the arguement. Plus TF has a teleport, you could be using that to your advantage when chasing. Or the flash skill.

tldr; I think a skill that is intended to be based on a random effect should have a truly random effect.

Squirrel Lord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-05-2010

TF is getting remade soon. Just wait.

DotEleven

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrcld View Post
They say gold always follows the red card. 600 dmg + stun at regular ability cd? That's a little broken.
Okay, he does 600 dmg + Stun about every 3-5 seconds based on CD reduction. Twitch will do more than that in a faster time just by right clicking on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealThisName View Post
However I also agree with the chasing aspect, how blue cards would be useless there, but since the name of the skill is "wild card" i think that somewhat undermines that side of the arguement.

tldr; I think a skill that is intended to be based on a random effect should have a truly random effect.
Pick A Card
"Twisted Fate chooses a magic card from his deck, and uses that for his next attack, causing bonus effects."

Notice it says he chooses a card from his deck. Also Wild Card is the three card skill shot, not the GC.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel Lord View Post
TF is getting remade soon. Just wait.
This.

Halroth

01-05-2010

The cooldown for Pick a card should not start until the card has been thrown, not when it is picked. Plus maybe add a few more seconds to that cooldown as well. I am fine with the damage it gives at 18 with the stun. When you get hit by a gold card and cleanse it to find that 3 to 4 seconds later he is already hitting you with another gold card sucks.

Cpspindel

01-05-2010

Is he? Nooo! I love him just the way he is right now! The golden card is tricky to get and I think it's perfectly balanced. I love his teleport, his ultimate and how both of them also can work together for surprise ganks and chases.

I think a good way to remake him though is to perhaps make it less of a "his card sucks a bit, this card is a bit better, and this one rocks"- I think they should be more about choice and what situation you find yourself in. Make the gold one easier to land, reduce the stun to 1 second perhaps and remove the AoE slow? Blue for damage, red for AoE slow, gold for single target stun.