Understanding The Card Master (not a guide, or a build)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHarlock View Post
I'm sorry, if you are not using flash as a cardmaster, you should'nt play this character. That's his bread and butter summoner ability. Flash + Gold Card -> Wild Card = GG.
Dude, we've played together before! I respect you for using a card master XD.

Though you were Yi at the time and I promised you I wouldn't kill you because your name was awesome. Then you initiated my girlfriend at the time and I had to kill you D:

Thumpy

02-16-2010

i personally like to use twisted fate, and he is a big squishy.. when i first played him, i got pummeled constantly and i decided to change the build a bit after looking at several guides. im a level 19 summoner at the moment so im not pro =/.
but this is my item build which i like to go for

saphire crystal + 2 hp pots
ability tome - sheen
boots of speed
mejai soulstealer
sorcers boots
lich bane
rod of ages/rylai's crystal scepter

i find with the last 2 items it gives me a bit more survivability. though i tend to get a catalyst before i finish lich bane.

with that build i would say it increased my durability a bit. though 1v1 against ryze = certain death.
though it's not a complete tank twisted fate it's an alright twisted fate.. semi-tank if you will..
just to increase your durability and survivabilty throughout game.

IHelpPro

02-16-2010

I don't know how AD DPS twisted fate works.. You have 510 natrual range and insanly low HP. You are a burst character and take 2 seconds for another burst (Annie?) char to instagib you. Your role in teamfight is to gold card, auto, wild card, auto and gtfo to reload for a 2nd gold card-wild card behind your tank. (And use ult) Shrug. but to each his own I guess..

As for summoner skills... no flash is a gimped TF. You can't gold card anyone with half a brain without it. Ignite is a good second skill for easy ganks. Clar can be taken if your team needs one. I don't see the need for clarity. Sapphire crystal allows constant gold card pulling till your high enough to destiny-gate gank a lane. And + you have a teleport that allows you instant access to golem (which you have higher priority than almost anyone else)

Another thing.. use elixars. They will win you fights.

Rectal Necrosis

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHelpPro View Post
I don't know how AD DPS twisted fate works.. You have 510 natrual range and insanly low HP. You are a burst character and take 2 seconds for another burst (Annie?) char to instagib you. Your role in teamfight is to gold card, auto, wild card, auto and gtfo to reload for a 2nd gold card-wild card behind your tank. (And use ult) Shrug. but to each his own I guess..

As for summoner skills... no flash is a gimped TF. You can't gold card anyone with half a brain without it. Ignite is a good second skill for easy ganks. Clar can be taken if your team needs one. I don't see the need for clarity. Sapphire crystal allows constant gold card pulling till your high enough to destiny-gate gank a lane. And + you have a teleport that allows you instant access to golem (which you have higher priority than almost anyone else)

Another thing.. use elixars. They will win you fights.

Insanely low range, but an 8% crit chance without even trying. I can get him up to about 30% crit chance with runes and the offense mastery. If you're a level one hero and you just took 150 damage from a stun/gold crit, you'd probably be thinking a lot harder about "Should I **** with this PAX cardmaster? HMMMMMMMMM?" I'll give you that you're not going to win a lot of one on one fights late game without an exhaust or tricky movement, but that's what twisted fate does best is be tricky.

Hell, a shaco player could probably switch to twisted fate and play him better than any AP player who drops veigar or ryze for him. Shaco can't survive a 1 on 1 fight either without being tricky. I guarantee you though, having a teemo miss you every other shot because you stacked 2 phantom dancers and a ninja tabai that are giving you a 43 dodge makes any fight easier.