Understanding The Card Master (not a guide, or a build)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sacredl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

sapphire - allows to use PaC more often in early game, which is if you learned to draw gold card everytime makes a very reasonable opportunity for early ganks.

pots - allow to stay longer on lane, it isn't much money while it allows to farm in early game which is very, very important for TF to get at least mercury + sheen at the beginning of mid stage.

sheen and mercury's threads - sheen is a fundamental item for TF as it allows to gank better (sometimes I go ASAP for it, even instead of earlier boots), and makes a fundament for lich bane which is possibly must be in every AP TF build. mercury's threads are imho very important for TF as for going squishy build you might be fracked at any stun/slow/snare/etc.

mejai's soulstealer - ideal item for TF, he dies rarely in right hands so his soul engorgment won't drop often. besides the fact that TF is the "gankoholic" guy he charges it very quickly. Cooldown reduction does much as well as mejai is the very first step in my build to obtain ultiamte cooldown reduction.

fiendish codex - time for mana regen, which is very good here. except this fiendish codex provides also some AP boost which is always useful and allows to get deathfire grasp later (why I get it, I'll explain later)

lich bane - absolutely must be for every AP TF build as I mentioned before. increased AP, mana pool and above all increased movement speed, something very important for one of the slowest champions in game.

deathfire grasp - here goes my further proceeding into cooldown reduction. activated ability helps much TF as the suprerior ganker anyhow.

nashor's tooth - and again cooldown reduction, with this item any TF won't fuss on mana regen anymore. attack speed helps a bit beetwen cooldown spaces.

zhoyna's ring - not much needed to explain. it's always a good item its for insane profits.

in the end you get 395 AP (being honest, zhoyna will be very rarely bought, but that's just a hint if TF managed to get so far) with 3 sec CL on card skills, reasonable speed movement and mercury's threads help a bit in getting out from ganks if something's been fracked up by TF .

and don't forget about golem!

Rectal Necrosis

01-18-2010

Nice, now I hate to do this to you because this obviously was a well thought out build, but would you mind just abbreviating it to the six ULTIMATE items you'll give cardmaster in order from first to last (I don't mean the pots or the items you use to make the ult) and then give a brief 1 paragraph description on why? If you do I'll add it to the guide without second thought.

sacredl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

np, expect it soon.

Rectal Necrosis

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredl View Post
np, expect it soon.
Alright, I'll put your name in the section where it has the item builds and replace yours with my own.

sacredl

01-18-2010

Lich Bane - movement speed bonus; AP and mana pool boosts; helps extremly good in ganking
Mercury's Threads - survival item for TF; shortened disables might help very much with his mobility
Mejai's Soulstealer - bread and butter for AP TF; without this one his ganking potential is usually wasted; cooldown reduction
Deathfire Grasp - cooldown reduction; activated ability which is helpful in ganks; overall AP benefits; mana regenration
Nashor's Tooth - further cooldown reduction; further mana regeneration; awesome synergy with Deathfire
Zhoyna's Ring - further AP increase

Conclusions:
Maximal cooldown reduction, with reasonable movement speed, mana regen and mana pool. Allows TF to spam his cards with 395/~600 AP per every 3 seconds with insane mana amounts. Thanks to that he can teleport everywhere per every ~35 seconds (feels like nearly the previous patch, doesn't it?). Oh and golem is your priority.

may it be?

Rectal Necrosis

01-18-2010

Quote:
Lich Bane - movement speed bonus; AP and mana pool boosts; helps extremly good in ganking
Mercury's Threads - survival item for TF; shortened disables might help very much with his mobility
Mejai's Soulstealer - bread and butter for AP TF; without this one his ganking potential is usually wasted; cooldown reduction
Deathfire Grasp - cooldown reduction; activated ability which is helpful in ganks; overall AP benefits; mana regenration
Nashor's Tooth - further cooldown reduction; further mana regeneration; awesome synergy with Deathfire
Zhoyna's Ring - further AP increase

Conclusions:
Maximal cooldown reduction, with reasonable movement speed, mana regen and mana pool. Allows TF to spam his cards with 395/~600 AP per every 3 seconds with insane mana amounts. Thanks to that he can teleport everywhere per every ~35 seconds (feels like nearly the previous patch, doesn't it?). Oh and golem is your priority.

may it be?
Posting the items, but not the reason why. The conclusion will stay, thank you.

sacredl

01-18-2010

okay, and there's another glitch you didn't mentioned in your post. Gold card stuns towers :P.

Rectal Necrosis

01-18-2010

Quote:
okay, and there's another glitch you didn't mentioned in your post. Gold card stuns towers :P.
I thought it was common knowledge XD

Anyway, you're credited and your part of the guide is up.

Rectal Necrosis

01-21-2010

Updated his strengths and weaknesses as well as glitches. Anybody want me to add anything else? I was honestly considering just telling you how he might rank against EVERY hero.

CaptHarlock

02-16-2010

I'm sorry, if you are not using flash as a cardmaster, you should'nt play this character. That's his bread and butter summoner ability. Flash + Gold Card -> Wild Card = GG.